Heisenbubbles Do it yourself RDWC build

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Could you suggest a pump and or mfg. of a pump that works well with this system. I have one that I had as a spare and back up for a small pond out in my front yard but thought that there was some you find more suited for this job.
Thank you for your time,
I use a Hydrofarm Active Aqua 400gph for a 5 bucket 4 site and it's been good so far. Have two other pumps of different sizes of the same brand and all working good so far.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
I use a Hydrofarm Active Aqua 400gph for a 5 bucket 4 site and it's been good so far. Have two other pumps of different sizes of the same brand and all working good so far.
I use the same pump and have had no problems for over a year and a half so far.

Boybelue

Super Active Member
I hang my pumps from a heavy duty nylon string , from the ceiling, really cuts down on noise. Also helps get it above water level. I made the mistake of placing one on the floor with no check valve many yrs ago and yikes, water everywhere! There are some Medo linear pumps on ebay pretty cheap. Hospitals use em so theyre fairly quiet.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
They put out a ton of air
I won't own anything but the Linear pumps. They are a little pricey but as everyone knows you get what you pay for. I believe they are made for septic systems. Suppose to handle a lot of back pressure. If you think about how important oxygen is in our systems it is a great investment. I think I paid $130 at Kens fish for mine on the internet.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
@Heisenbeans ,

- the 6 net pot tote for veg - is that a 27 gal? Would you mind explaining the setup a bit more? Thinking of making one tote for now then expanding to two, so with one tote, just pump back into itself or maybe use an aquarium filter like the res to keep water moving? I won't use the system chiller for this because the system will always have something running in it. Will probably use ice packs and swap them out if necessary.
- how did you attach the aquarium filter to the inside of the res tote? I have a Tetra and it hangs on the rim, would like to move it inside.
- what size hole saw do you suggest for 2" bulkheads?

Thank you (y)

Foxhunter444

I have a few questions. One, it looks like you build your own lights. I am interested in how to do that. If you could explain how you get the drivers etc. and hook them all up. It seems to me they are much more versatile than the ones you buy. Also, I have a chiller and it shot craps already after about a week. Go figure. Cheap crap you buy now. Cheap build but not cheap price. What water chiller would you recommend to use? Also, what is the optimum temp for the system? Also, I keep my room at about 72 although in the afternoon when the outside temps reach 95 or so, it might get to 78 inside for 3 or 4 hours but it drops right back down. Is it necessary to run a chiller under those conditions?
Thank you for your knowledge.