#Heisenbeans Genetics

Jroc

nobody really breeds or works lines anymore, its basically chucking on different levels. Some have the good ones to begin with, some don't.
Some still work those lines b×1 2 3 ,
But they still catch shit.
I run bx 1,2,3 & it's whoopty de doo smoke, but it still ain't super guaranteed but good.
HEISENBEANS is just as good as the worked lines i run..... those bx's i run are just as fire tho.
If that's what you mean by worked lines.
How many bx's before you say that's a worked line?

Buddha61

Really Active Member
Curious what your organic mix consists of. Been trying to dial in something perfect for the future and give it another go. I used the rest if my mix on tomatoes last season and they were beastly but I had to amend it like 5 times before I had it where I felt it had the right balance and strength for the good herbs.
It was just some mix that I found on Maximum Yield, for full cycle. I have attached what I used (made the slightest of alterations to the recipe that was on MY). I let it set for probably 4 weeks before I used it, could probably wait longer and be fine. Its likley not perfect, but allows you to feed water only with no issue (I use 120-130ppm tap water at 7.0, unaltered).

Attachments

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
It was just some mix that I found on Maximum Yield, for full cycle. I have attached what I used (made the slightest of alterations to the recipe that was on MY). I let it set for probably 4 weeks before I used it, could probably wait longer and be fine. Its likley not perfect, but allows you to feed water only with no issue (I use 120-130ppm tap water at 7.0, unaltered).
Thanks man. Any bit helps. By taking a collective you can get a base idea. I feel like most peoples mixes I saw had no base to them just a attempt to copy subcools mix which to me didnt seem that great itself.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
I run bx 1,2,3 & it's whoopty de doo smoke, but it still ain't super guaranteed but good.
HEISENBEANS is just as good as the worked lines i run..... those bx's i run are just as fire tho.
Who knows. Just not the same work as the old days. Seems like more bxing now with other strains, than straight line incrossing etc. Like why would I want a chem d bx to a black triangle, instead of bx'd to itself, if I wanted more pure expressions of that line. Jmo
Lol

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Just going into Week 6. Leaves have been getting real Green using the Lucas Formula so I believe it's the Micro bc of how much Nitrogen so I'm cutting that back along with Calimagic. Buds are swelling nice and Aroma is taking over the 🏠. Not looking for any advice on light height or anything just showing what I got ...if you know ...you know lol

Ice cream weddings
View attachment 58491View attachment 58492View attachment 58494
Rums Runners
View attachment 58495View attachment 58499View attachment 58500
Those look awesome, but I think you need to lower hour light. 🤣🤣🤣

Boybelue

Super Active Member
Who knows. Just not the same work as the old days. Seems like more bxing now with other strains, than straight line incrossing etc. Like why would I want a chem d bx to a black triangle, instead of bx'd to itself, if I wanted more pure expressions of that line. Jmo
Lol
I wouldn't consider it a backcross if its crossed to other strains. To be a bx it would have to be backcrossed to itself.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
People are always gonna bitch, it just a matter of is it a legitimate bitch? Not typically. That's gotta be tiring as fuck to deal with. These are plants ! Not fucking electronics . I popped 5 and ended up w one good girl . Am I gonna bitch ? No what's the point , I could pop 3 next time and get 3 winners . Bottom line is for 50 bucks how many keepers are u expecting?

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
People are always gonna bitch, it just a matter of is it a legitimate bitch? Not typically. That's gotta be tiring as fuck to deal with. These are plants ! Not fucking electronics . I popped 5 and ended up w one good girl . Am I gonna bitch ? No what's the point , I could pop 3 next time and get 3 winners . Bottom line is for 50 bucks how many keepers are u expecting?
I popped 3 fems, all 3 looking solid. LOL coincidence?

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
I wouldn't consider it a backcross if its crossed to other strains. To be a bx it would have to be backcrossed to itself.
any filial interbreeding is an Fgeneration...f1,f2..
When a filial progeny of the parents is crossed back to one of the original parents it's a backcross.
you cross an f-5 with an f-3 that's backcrossing, even though you don't use the original mom you went "back" in your selection process. The plants must be of the same filial generation to progress to next.
Bx2 and Bx3 would be putting the each future generation of offspring back to the original mother plant. F2 F3 F4 would be breeding each future generation with itself ie. putting an f2 to another f2 would make an f3 and so on. Now putting say an F5 to an F2 would still be make an f3 if im not mistaken....but it may be considered a bx....thats where the grey area comes in.
any time you go back its a back cross. if you don't go to the original parent it would be an IX i guess or still just a back cross???. so if you take a f1 male and hit the original female mom it would be a bx1(back cross 1st gen) if you take these bx1 kids and go back to the original mom again makes the bx2, but if you take say these bx2 kids and go back to say the bx1 instead of the original mom im thinking IX(in cross) even though you went back.

[

Boybelue

Super Active Member
any filial interbreeding is an Fgeneration...f1,f2..
When a filial progeny of the parents is crossed back to one of the original parents it's a backcross.
you cross an f-5 with an f-3 that's backcrossing, even though you don't use the original mom you went "back" in your selection process. The plants must be of the same filial generation to progress to next.
Bx2 and Bx3 would be putting the each future generation of offspring back to the original mother plant. F2 F3 F4 would be breeding each future generation with itself ie. putting an f2 to another f2 would make an f3 and so on. Now putting say an F5 to an F2 would still be make an f3 if im not mistaken....but it may be considered a bx....thats where the grey area comes in.
any time you go back its a back cross. if you don't go to the original parent it would be an IX i guess or still just a back cross???. so if you take a f1 male and hit the original female mom it would be a bx1(back cross 1st gen) if you take these bx1 kids and go back to the original mom again makes the bx2, but if you take say these bx2 kids and go back to say the bx1 instead of the original mom im thinking IX(in cross) even though you went back.

[
Yea I think crossing a later filial generation to an earlier filial generation would be considered an IX, I believe a bx can’t be further than one generation out from the original P1’s, so any offspring crossed back to a parent, mom or dad or P1 would be a bx. So if you crossed two F1s and made F2s and crossed those to make F3s and crossed those F3s back to one of the original F1s it would be considered an IX even though you went back it wouldn’t be considered an actual backcross because you crossed up more than one generation.

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
if you take these bx1 kids and go back to the original mom again makes the bx2, but if you take say these bx2 kids and go back to say the bx1 instead of the original mom im thinking IX(in cross) even though you went back.
This confuses me too. I think what you're describing is the cubing process for creating an IBL.

Whereas typically backcrossing looks more like this:

If I wanted to back cross to let's say wedding cake (WC) and I have something like (WC X OG)

Then the back cross would look like

WC X (WC X OG) = BX1

But I'm with you, I don't understand what a BX2 or BX3 is, or how it differs from the cubing process

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
With weed, genotype expression changes room to room, it’s not an opinion. Bud should be the same(It is a clone and your not changing the phenotype just how it’s expressed), whether it looks structurally the same or not. And it takes months, not years. We aren’t talking about marigolds or garlic.
If it's not an opinion you should b able to prove what you are saying. If you can't provide proof it's your opinion.......let's just call it what it is...."bro science"

Garlic, marrigolds, whatever, we are talking about plants, horticulture.....I'm saying your theory is bunk. You are making untrue claims about an ANNUAL plant. Put up the science for an annual changing it's spots over time..... a clone no less. It's total opinion dude, you are not god, plant's are not changing their physical make ups based on your "opinion"

Boybelue

Super Active Member
This confuses me too. I think what you're describing is the cubing process for creating an IBL.

If I wanted to back cross to let's say wedding cake (WC) and I have something like (WC X OG)

WC X (WC X OG) = BX1

But I'm with you, I don't understand what a BX2 or BX3 is, or how it differs from the cubing process
Actually was differentiating between backcrosses and incrosses, but yes backcrossing does lead to cubing where the first outcross is 50:50, the first bx is 75:25, second bx is 87.5:12.5, third bx(bx3) is 93.75:6.25 and a lot breeders usually stop at 3 and call it cubed because they feel the bx4 leads to loss of potency. An IBL is done through several filial generations, most say 6 others say that’s not enough.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
It’s not all about the money. He has a passion for the biz.
Someone that gets it..... people talking about the one's that bx to 1 to 2 and so on. You guys would slap yourselves silly if you'll knew how many of these so called breeders out here are blurple tent cowboys working them lines with a hand full of solo cups acting like there curing world hunger.
This is why I mostly lurk now than before. People dont know how to follow simple ass instructions.
So many opinions and lack of facts. Copycat guy out here saying his reversing process stops hermies and people are actually believing that shit. They dont know I was on the farm when copycat was selling his seeds to logic and they was deleting all the reviews and post of the multiple fuck ups.
So yeah. I rarely participate anymore.
I do love what I do more than anything and I always put the plants first. I care about what people are getting and I'm always working with gu in the back channels to make things better.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin

WC X (WC X OG) = BX1

A back cross or BX is to the original parent period. Dont care what anyone else says.
If I cross cake to punch and than select a keeper and cross it back to either the punch or cake that is a BX. Crossing to the same strain but not the original parent IS NOT A BX. Theres alot of bro science and mixed up terms. If someone is selling you a bx that either child plant wasnt crossed to the parent than your NOT getting a BX.

A bx is a shortcut to stabilizing a strain instead of selecting F generations.

Boybelue

Super Active Member
Someone that gets it..... people talking about the one's that bx to 1 to 2 and so on. You guys would slap yourselves silly if you'll knew how many of these so called breeders out here are blurple tent cowboys working them lines with a hand full of solo cups acting like there curing world hunger.
This is why I mostly lurk now than before. People dont know how to follow simple ass instructions.
So many opinions and lack of facts. Copycat guy out here saying his reversing process stops hermies and people are actually believing that shit. They dont know I was on the farm when copycat was selling his seeds to logic and they was deleting all the reviews and post of the multiple fuck ups.
So yeah. I rarely participate anymore.
I do love what I do more than anything and I always put the plants first. I care about what people are getting and I'm always working with gu in the back channels to make things better.
The only thing I’ve heard of that can actually stop hermaphroditism is Dutch reverse

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Worked lines will not give anyone better plants. It only gives consistency from plant to plant in a pack. The majority of plants will look like the parents as opposed to crossing two f1s from different area codes. No matter what at the end of the day THE BREEDER IS STILL CROSSING TWO PLANTS to make seeds. Regardless when you get those worked seeds and pop them they are still going to be F1s

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
The only thing I’ve heard of that can actually stop hermaphroditism is Dutch reverse
The herm trait is in the Gene's. It makes no difference how you get the plant reversed her pollen is not gonna be some magical mix of genetically altered dna. That is just bro science bullshit.
The only way to stop herms 100 percent is use crosses that are tested out. Use plants that have no issues. I have tossed out some bad ass plants because no matter what you do they just wanna have hermie babies.