#Heisenbeans Genetics

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Depends on how you do it. And if you let it dry out too much then it’ll lose a little bit but nothing crazy. But I don’t really burp them very often or for very long unless they’re really wet. I use hygrometers to cure tho so once they go in the jars, if they are in the correct cure zone, the jars only get opened once a week or so just to rearrange the buds for the first few weeks.
Complete newb question....... how long in the jar before it loses that “homegrown” taste? I tried some of mine after 10 days in the jar and it still had the green taste.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
gmoozy got some fat ass smaller leaves, compared to the gmocake. Looks like 3 of the gmoozy and one gmo cake, and then three regs not sexed. Skeleton cookies pluggin along. I wished there were more jet fuel bastirds or heisenghost bastids around. I realize fire here, fire comin, but even those first batch spewed everywhere seems like fire, jmho

D

Deleted member 60

Heard of folks burpin first 30 days, heard of one week, around here it barely lasts to get good and dried:LOL::LOL:🌊🌊
I remember those times well. I'd tell my guy I wanted to wait another few weeks and he'd say "I need it now".

These days I get a fresh influx via the tent every-so-often....but on most days I'm smokin' very cured out bud (and hash).

10 month old Sugarberry Scone. Still smells like a musty old cork from a good bottle of wine....and smokes very well.... And yes..it's a marginal trim job ...'cus I don't fuck with purty anymore now that it's just for me.

DSCN1115.JPG

My Heisen Gear (BBC/PP) are just starting to flower. Will post up some pics when things get rollin a bit better. So far....the stretch hasn't been as bad as I expected...but yeah...they aren't done either...so we will see.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I remember those times well. I'd tell my guy I wanted to wait another few weeks and he'd say "I need it now".

These days I get a fresh influx via the tent every-so-often....but on most days I'm smokin' very cured out bud (and hash).

10 month old Sugarberry Scone. Still smells like a musty old cork from a good bottle of wine....and smokes very well.... And yes..it's a marginal trim job ...'cus I don't fuck with purty anymore now that it's just for me.

View attachment 14841

My Heisen Gear (BBC/PP) are just starting to flower. Will post up some pics when things get rollin a bit better. So far....the stretch hasn't been as bad as I expected...but yeah...they aren't done either...so we will see.
That looks really good. I'm the same with trimming - fucking tedious - I'd rather just trim as you go kinda thing.. I imagine it wasn't quite as gold in colour ten months ago?

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Have you found it to keep weight after a few weeks of burping jars?
My understanding, when you open the jar, the humidity of the room rushes in
Lol yea I know all that. I was basically asking if it would lose weight after curing. It's dried for a week and is completely trimmed and cut off the branches. I don't sell it anyway, I just borrowed a buddies scales out of curiosity. I just thought a half lb. seemed like a lot. I even lost the main cola to mold when drying. Lesson learned... I had it too close to another branch, and I think I will cut it off the huge stem next time...
If it's dry enough to put in jars, you are around 90% of final weight. But it takes a good month of curing and burping to get the full potential of the dried flower. It will become the same consistency every time you open the jar, then you're done. Some of this stuff is 30% resin or more. It's only gonna get to a certain texture and any more drying will only degrade the product. Just my .02 on how I cure.

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
I really did call the company and spoke with people to get that ppm or whatever it is down from the 500, and used the drinking excuse to insinuate exactness or close as possible per drs orders. They were very helpful. lol. I am gonna try it on a plant next round or two, got my nerve up. I know Im glad I got a bunch of Heisen's gear on the cheap first go around, and right up my budget alley, got some Usefuls gear, killed my last cv gear, rip, and bout got my regs give away. I keep seeing those clone stories at the other place and gettin offers. Kinda hard not to try it at least once or price. I know some of the cloners I talk to, one is cheap on the shipping and does it right, others are cheap on the clones, expensive on the shipping. But if legit cuts. man, takes half the battle out of the reg bean deal, unless looking for males I guess or special pheno to then make cuts and share or sell.
Lol good idea in the dr. Excuse man. Let me know if it works out I’ll have to get the dilution rate from you and what not and try it out as well. I sent you a pm by the way.

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
Complete newb question....... how long in the jar before it loses that “homegrown” taste? I tried some of mine after 10 days in the jar and it still had the green taste.
If you don’t dry it enough before jarring it then it can keep that green grass clippings smell indefinitely. Not always but it can. And if you dried it too fast then the chlorophyll didn’t have enough time to break down, and you’ll be stuck with that smell. Dump the bud out of the jars and let it dry for a bit, put it back and shoot for around 58-62%.
But if you messed up the dry or let it sit in the jars too long while too wet then there’s a really good chance that smell isn’t going away. Not saying that’s a guarantee just my experience.
Edit: also wet trimming will fuck your herb up quick.

TrailBlazer12747

If you don’t dry it enough before jarring it then it can keep that green grass clippings smell indefinitely. Not always but it can. And if you dried it too fast then the chlorophyll didn’t have enough time to break down, and you’ll be stuck with that smell. Dump the bud out of the jars and let it dry for a bit, put it back and shoot for around 58-62%.
But if you messed up the dry or let it sit in the jars too long while too wet then there’s a really good chance that smell isn’t going away. Not saying that’s a guarantee just my experience.
Edit: also wet trimming will fuck your herb up quick.
This is what happened to me my first couple times drying and curing. Until i got the feel for it. For the life of me i couldnt figure out why my buds smelled like hay after being in jars. I wasnt drying them long enough to start with. Live and learn (y)

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
This is what happened to me my first couple times drying and curing. Until i got the feel for it. For the life of me i couldnt figure out why my buds smelled like hay after being in jars. I wasnt drying them long enough to start with. Live and learn (y)
I think it happens to all of us. The first time I dried correctly I thought it was over dried and I was pissed lol. It’s all a learning process. I just wish I had started using hygrometers from the beginning lol.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I think it happens to all of us. The first time I dried correctly I thought it was over dried and I was pissed lol. It’s all a learning process. I just wish I had started using hygrometers from the beginning lol.
Thanks for the replies.

I guess I’m not alone if I fucked it up.

Sure is potent, I had about four puffs and about 15 minutes later, I thought I was going to green out, just had that “homegrown” taste still.

This is my second plant and I did get it in the jars 10 days ago it was reading 70 and been steadily declining with regular burping (once or twice a day for 20 minutes at a time) for 10 days.

The first plant I harvested I think I let it hang dry for too long because when I got it into the jar, it was already down to 52. That rule about wait until the small stems snap is bullshit, because the stems were no where near snapping when I jarred it. It does not taste as green as the second plant.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Thanks for the replies.

I guess I’m not alone if I fucked it up.

Sure is potent, I had about four puffs and about 15 minutes later, I thought I was going to green out, just had that “homegrown” taste still.

This is my second plant and I did get it in the jars 10 days ago it was reading 70 and been steadily declining with regular burping (once or twice a day for 20 minutes at a time) for 10 days.

The first plant I harvested I think I let it hang dry for too long because when I got it into the jar, it was already down to 52. That rule about wait until the small stems snap is bullshit, because the stems were no where near snapping when I jarred it. It does not taste as green as the second plant.
I think it's bs too. If I waited until the stems snapped the buds would just crumble from being so dry.