#Heisenbeans Genetics

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
Thanks for the replies.

I guess I’m not alone if I fucked it up.

Sure is potent, I had about four puffs and about 15 minutes later, I thought I was going to green out, just had that “homegrown” taste still.

This is my second plant and I did get it in the jars 10 days ago it was reading 70 and been steadily declining with regular burping (once or twice a day for 20 minutes at a time) for 10 days.

The first plant I harvested I think I let it hang dry for too long because when I got it into the jar, it was already down to 52. That rule about wait until the small stems snap is bullshit, because the stems were no where near snapping when I jarred it. It does not taste as green as the second plant.
Facts. Every time I have had it dry enough to snap the stems it was some good ol Colorado crumble lol

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Thanks for the replies.

I guess I’m not alone if I fucked it up.

Sure is potent, I had about four puffs and about 15 minutes later, I thought I was going to green out, just had that “homegrown” taste still.

This is my second plant and I did get it in the jars 10 days ago it was reading 70 and been steadily declining with regular burping (once or twice a day for 20 minutes at a time) for 10 days.

The first plant I harvested I think I let it hang dry for too long because when I got it into the jar, it was already down to 52. That rule about wait until the small stems snap is bullshit, because the stems were no where near snapping when I jarred it. It does not taste as green as the second plant.
I think it's bs too. If I waited until the stems snapped the buds would just crumble from being so dry.
Facts. Every time I have had it dry enough to snap the stems it was some good ol Colorado crumble lol
Agreed, sometimes dust especially after hanging in a hot garage. I'm over the wet trim bs. Gonna probably try @Capt C 's dry/trim/cure method he's got going on for the next harvest.

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
Agreed, sometimes dust especially after hanging in a hot garage. I'm over the wet trim bs. Gonna probably try @Capt C 's dry/trim/cure method he's got going on for the next harvest.
Dust yea lol fucking fossilized nug dust hahaha it’s happened to me. That’s how all the dispensary weed is in Colorado too. Starts as mids then by the time it hits the shelf it’s straight boof. Most of it anyway.

badmofo529

Insanely Active Member
If the smaller branches snap right off they are too dry, if they bend they are too wet, if they feel like they snapped internally without breaking on the out side they are ready for jars in my experience. Kind of like when you bend a drinking straw I guess.

I don't really know how to describe it any better, and it might not be "right" lol, but that's what works for me.

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
If the smaller branches snap right off they are too dry, if they bend they are too wet, if they feel like they snapped internally without breaking on the out side they are ready for jars in my experience. Kind of like when you bend a drinking straw I guess.

I don't really know how to describe it any better, and it might not be "right" lol, but that's what works for me.
You explained it perfectly my friend. That’s what works for me as well

badmofo529

Insanely Active Member
You explained it perfectly my friend. That’s what works for me as well
Yeah it's hard to know what to feel for until you actually feel it, the straw analogy was the closest thing I could think of to describe it lol

Edit: burp length is dependant on density and overall nug size. My deputy usually only needs to be burped once a day for about a week, while my hibernate is twice a day for 1.5-2 weeks because it holds more moisture down deep. There can't really be any hard and fast rule about that stage imo

D

Deleted member 60

That looks really good. I'm the same with trimming - fucking tedious - I'd rather just trim as you go kinda thing.. I imagine it wasn't quite as gold in colour ten months ago?
It was green weed like all weed 10 months ago. After 6 months r so it really starts to lose the greens and goes brown/gold/etc. Some strains hold their taste...the others kinda fade into sameyness.

I do the "almost snap" stem routine here as well. The key for me (Colorado) is to dry as slow as possible. In Fall/Winter I can get a good 60F/60% humidity dry cycle and it will take a good 2 weeks to dry....maybe a bit more. Then it's off the stem and into tubs...and into garbage bags. After a day or so I check it all to make sure it didn't wetten back up. If it did I open the bag and let it sit out for a bit...then do the process again 'til I get it where i want it. Then it gets jarred. I check my jars but usually don't do any sort of burp routine. If i jar it at the right humidity it will hold there/cure well and needs little to no attention. Those slower drys pull out the terps, IMO.

I can easily deal with drier weed after 10 months time. All you need is some rosin to give it a bit of "moisture" and yer off..... :D

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
Complete newb question....... how long in the jar before it loses that “homegrown” taste? I tried some of mine after 10 days in the jar and it still had the green taste.
Some of mine took 30 days of cure to start smelling like it should. Have to keep burping so you get oxygen in jar to get rid of the chlo·ro·phyll smell and taste. Just my experience,. Other may have more advise.

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
It was green weed like all weed 10 months ago. After 6 months r so it really starts to lose the greens and goes brown/gold/etc. Some strains hold their taste...the others kinda fade into sameyness.

I do the "almost snap" stem routine here as well. The key for me (Colorado) is to dry as slow as possible. In Fall/Winter I can get a good 60F/60% humidity dry cycle and it will take a good 2 weeks to dry....maybe a bit more. Then it's off the stem and into tubs...and into garbage bags. After a day or so I check it all to make sure it didn't wetten back up. If it did I open the bag and let it sit out for a bit...then do the process again 'til I get it where i want it. Then it gets jarred. I check my jars but usually don't do any sort of burp routine. If i jar it at the right humidity it will hold there/cure well and needs little to no attention. Those slower drys pull out the terps, IMO.

I can easily deal with drier weed after 10 months time. All you need is some rosin to give it a bit of "moisture" and yer off..... :D
Yea man fall/winter here in Colorado is a godsend for my garden lol like you I can get it to 60/60 and a good 2 week dry with ease. At my old house I got it dialed in for summer time too so I was still getting 12-14 day dries but I haven’t gotten the new place worked out perfectly yet. My recent harvest was too hot and done drying in 9ish days. Give or take a day or 2 for different strains. Kinda shitty and quality isn’t my usual.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
Some of mine took 30 days of cure to start smelling like it should. Have to keep burping so you get oxygen in jar to get rid of the chlo·ro·phyll smell and taste. Just my experience,. Other may have more advise.
Somewhere I have s extensive tutorial on the whole process. If you guys wanna see it. It has all the temp, humidity and tells you what to do when humidity is high or low. Really helped me out a lot.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Yeah it's hard to know what to feel for until you actually feel it, the straw analogy was the closest thing I could think of to describe it lol

Edit: burp length is dependant on density and overall nug size. My deputy usually only needs to be burped once a day for about a week, while my hibernate is twice a day for 1.5-2 weeks because it holds more moisture down deep. There can't really be any hard and fast rule about that stage imo
Important note you mentioned. I put in area of 2/3 full of loose nugs, I burp, shake a little, stick my nose in, take a big "whiff" and log into memory for future reference to the next "burp".

Armdog

RDWC GROWER

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
this definitely took all the guess work out it for me. Always have had good cure by following this guide. So others may do it a different way and have good luck but this has worked flawlessly for me.