#Heisenbeans Genetics

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
I definitely think it's the calmag. I wasn't adding calmag when I was topping it off. I thought the megacrop would be enough. I should have known it wouldn't. I had a calcium deficiency last grow too when I switched over to LEDs. I use ro water. What is a good starting point for the ppm of my calmag before I add other nutrients?
120 always worked for me. Some will be a little higher. Usually around 2ml per gallon but it also depends on the brand. I used calimagic.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
For Megacrop i started adding some calmag at the very begining and then i stopped. I found my problems were all PH related (you pointed me there?) and now that i have it dialed in the growth is explosive, the flowers are stacking and everything is green with no copper leaves and no burnt tips.

So now i swing things around a bit. In veg i try and stick to PH 6.0 to 6.3 (close to 6.1)

In flower 5.6 to 6.0 because it can uptake P better in flower.

And no calmag addition with RO water from a slightly overdone filter (TDS starts at 50 and for babies get to 600PPM for mature veg 900 and full blown flower 1200)

So far just weird water problems and the odd leaf thats off but this is the best grow I have ever had for colour being right. EVER.

And no additional calmag which feels wrong but is working so i will run with it..

And I check PH and TDS a lot now. Glad that bluelab never failed me. And that waterproof high end TDS meter is no slouch either.
Yea, I had a minor cal issue early on that went away when I bumped the ph up to around 6.0 -6.2. The absorption of different nutrients at different ph levels is definitely a major factor in hydro which I am learning the hard way lol

I think heisen is probably dead-on about my issue. Probably a combo of lockout and not enough calmag.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
For the record after a few seed purchases the average time to Southwestern Ontario is about a week.

Not too shabby....It lured me in. Thanks Heisen again. The stardawg is growing and I was not expecting the seeds.

OMG i can not wait for harvest. I think i am going to get 2 to 3 pounds in august. :D

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
I just wanted to thank everyone who took the time to help me out. I know a lot you guys are busy people. Much appreciated! And thanks for not insulting me for my newbness. We really do have the best community here.

When I am a seasoned vet someday, growing the world-famous Solow cut of that Bridezilla, I'll be sure I still take time to help out the little guy😉😂

SCJedi

Synergist
Pic of Led build nearly complete. Hung it today and it's my first time experiencing these things. My God they are bright! One thing I'm noticing is there is practically zero heat coming from either the boards or the drivers. Granted they are dimmed to 75 percent at the moment. But is this normal? Not sure I'll be able to cut it in winter with this thing. Anybody?
View attachment 9862
Yes, it's normal. I use four QB288 v1s and was SHOCKED at how bright it was with so little heat generated. We are all used to the lower hogging ballasts and bulbs

SCJedi

Synergist
I had some issues a while back that have since been sorted out. Mini split drain clogged and ac went off for 24 hrs. A couple plants got cooked and that was one of em.
To hell and back with half-assed AC's. Mine is on the fritz and I'm on day two of 100 degree days. I'm racing out there every 10 minutes to make sure it's running. If it's going full tilt boogie I can keep my tent at 80. It's a 10KBTU portable blowing into a 5x5 so you can imagine how hot my garage gets

Dustjesus

Insanely Active Member
The piece in the middle holding up the drivers. Is that commercial framing deep track?
Whats the benefit? More airflow? Cobs!?!?!
Just a sort of "hat" type piece attached to hold the drivers up away a few inches to help with heat dissipation. Which I now see was unnecessary. Haha. I have access to a military grade fabrication department and all was easily made from scrap.

Last edited:

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Just a sort of "hat" type piece attracted to hold the drivers up away a few inches to help with heat dissipation. Which I now see was unnecessary. Haha. I have access to a military grade fabrication department and all was easily made from scrap.
I'm jelly. I want!! Maybe i will have to go up to 600w in my 4x4 just to keep it to 75f in the winter!! And a space heater at night.
I have a run finishing up of seedsman gear.
But next go round in August I'm doing an all HB run!! BBC'S and a dubs!
I have 4 qb132 4k and 4 3000k with 240h driver. So im around 500 watts at full tilt. But I want something else. I really like the qb96! They go up over 200w! @99$ w/ heatsink
Just one of those is all good

Dustjesus

Insanely Active Member
I'm jelly. I want!! Maybe i will have to go up to 600w in my 4x4 just to keep it to 75f in the winter!! And a space heater at night.
I have a run finishing up of seedsman gear.
But next go round in August I'm doing an all HB run!! BBC'S and a dubs!
I have 4 qb132 4k and 4 3000k with 240h driver. So im around 500 watts at full tilt. But I want something else. I really like the qb96! They go up over 200w! @99$ w/ heatsink
Just one of those is all good
I'm getting insane readings off the 6 qb288 with 320 2100 driver when full blast. Think clocks in at 640 watt full tilt.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
This is a great place. And we will all grow better as a result of it.

:)
Positive vibes make stronger ganja but that is the Bob Marley. Positive vibe makes everything STRONGER..

I am happy to be in this place of positive vibes and grow how...I got here because of it and man I appreciate it OR i would be telling you how great 1 oz autos are...Well they might be 2 oz autos now...:D

But they dont hit 30% EVER. And i like it 22 to infinity and beyond...lets smoke a doob. PEACE.

I booked the afternoon off and the pool just hit 22.5. I got a solar blanket on saturday and its a game changer

22.5 = 72.5 F and that is warmest yet....lol

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
I definitely think it's the calmag. I wasn't adding calmag when I was topping it off. I thought the megacrop would be enough. I should have known it wouldn't. I had a calcium deficiency last grow too when I switched over to LEDs. I use ro water. What is a good starting point for the ppm of my calmag before I add other nutrients?

I usually start between 150-200 ppm. I know of one guy who uses RO and he starts at 300. But that's a little too much for me.

But just start around 150 and go up from their.

Glossybudz

Super Active Member
Positive vibes make stronger ganja but that is the Bob Marley. Positive vibe makes everything STRONGER..

I am happy to be in this place of positive vibes and grow how...I got here because of it and man I appreciate it OR i would be telling you how great 1 oz autos are...Well they might be 2 oz autos now...:D

But they dont hit 30% EVER. And i like it 22 to infinity and beyond...lets smoke a doob. PEACE.

I booked the afternoon off and the pool just hit 22.5. I got a solar blanket on saturday and its a game changer

22.5 = 72.5 F and that is warmest yet....lol
ONE LOVE 😎

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
Pic of Led build nearly complete. Hung it today and it's my first time experiencing these things. My God they are bright! One thing I'm noticing is there is practically zero heat coming from either the boards or the drivers. Granted they are dimmed to 75 percent at the moment. But is this normal? Not sure I'll be able to cut it in winter with this thing. Anybody?
View attachment 9862
They do not produce much heat at all. When you turn them all the way to 100% you will get some but not much.