#Heisenbeans Genetics

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
120 always worked for me. Some will be a little higher. Usually around 2ml per gallon but it also depends on the brand. I used calimagic.
One example of a homemade cal-mag has a ppm ratio as follows: magnesium 120 ppm and calcium 260 ppm. per gallon ratio is 5.8 grams of calcium nitrate and 4.6 grams of magnesium sulfate (Epsom salts). You can always adjust your mixture to compensate for specific deficiencies

Another formula
Calcium nitrate 1.87 gram per gal
Epsom .3 gram per gal
Chelated iron .076 gram per gal

Gives you approximate 58 ppm of nitrogen and 84 ppm of calcium.

Anytime you want to mix your own liquid concentrate just multiply by say 500 and mix into a gal jug.
Then have a gal of your RO water and just add 1 ml at a time to see how much ppm it adds. Keep it handy for future reference.

Another tip for any beginner is to always use the same ppm pen. Pens can be off big time from each other. I have one that could read 500 ppm and another that says 620.

SCJedi

Synergist
Any of your hydro pros think that you know what this is? I mix Jacks 5-12-26, CalNit 15-0-0, and Epsom at 75g, 50g, 25g in 25 gallons of water. Blumats, DTW in pure coco. It went from stupidly healthy to this in less than a week. Hot nutes? I flushed with 50% nute solution and a few ml of CalMag last nightNS Burn - Copy.jpg

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
What solution would you use to correct it? So you think that something is locking it out?
Its either an excess of something or lack of. I would flush at 5.9 and maybe add an inoculant or use a tea or something similar to eliminate root issues. Maybe add some hydroguard to the mix and go through a wet dry cycle and than start with a fresh batch of nutes.
I've been using supernatural lately and I'm in love with the shit

SCJedi

Synergist
Its either an excess of something or lack of. I would flush at 5.9 and maybe add an inoculant or use a tea or something similar to eliminate root issues. Maybe add some hydroguard to the mix and go through a wet dry cycle and than start with a fresh batch of nutes.
I did hit it with Grower's recharge right before this happened. I flushed with 5.9 @ 50% so we will see how it goes. Thanks HB, it seems like I was on the right track!

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Any of your hydro pros think that you know what this is? I mix Jacks 5-12-26, CalNit 15-0-0, and Epsom at 75g, 50g, 25g in 25 gallons of water. Blumats, DTW in pure coco. It went from stupidly healthy to this in less than a week. Hot nutes? I flushed with 50% nute solution and a few ml of CalMag last nightView attachment 9971
What is the temperature of your water? Is this a new system or are you using a new line of nutes?

Do the blumats create run off to wash out excess salts or no?

If it is the same system you've been using and the same nutes I'd guess maybe water temps are a little too high causing some issues.

It looks similar to leaves of plants I've had in dwc when the water was too hot so one of those products Heisen suggested would be my first try if I was in your spot. Cheers and hope you get it pinned down buddy.

SCJedi

Synergist
What is the temperature of your water? Is this a new system or are you using a new line of nutes?

Do the blumats create run off to wash out excess salts or no?

If it is the same system you've been using and the same nutes I'd guess maybe water temps are a little too high causing some issues.

It looks similar to leaves of plants I've had in dwc when the water was too hot so one of those products Heisen suggested would be my first try if I was in your spot. Cheers and hope you get it pinned down buddy.
You might have called it. As I was flushing last night I noticed the Bluelab said the res was 84. Same Blumats but new to Jacks and DTW. I ran LOS before and plain water just did its thing. I may need to chill the water and flush occasionally. Its a learning curve, right?

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Are you using liquid or dry? What do you like about it more than GH?

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
You might have called it. As I was flushing last night I noticed the Bluelab said the res was 84. Same Blumats but new to Jacks and DTW. I ran LOS before and plain water just did its thing. I may need to chill the water and flush occasionally. Its a learning curve, right?
Prob a pathogen from the warm water trickling some uglies into your system. Add a tea into your setup and put an end to that bullshit. No need to chill DTW or ebb systems IMO. Especially since your ambient air temp is what keeps your pot root zone above 80. Correct the problem before it gets to the roots and it will straighten up.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Are you using liquid or dry? What do you like about it more than GH?
Its Dry, Its a 1 part mix and i just add the powder till i hit 500 PPM in Veg , 800 Flower , 1000 late flower, and feed the plants. Running all these clones and so many plants i dont have time for fuck ups or mistakes and the time is more valuable. I need a good 1 part that i can just hit and go. The veg is 20-20-20 which is awesome IMO and it takes a little to go a long ways. The flower ratio is perfect for flower. No need for boosters. My plants are loving this shit.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Its Dry, Its a 1 part mix and i just add the powder till i hit 500 PPM in Veg , 800 Flower , 1000 late flower, and feed the plants. Running all these clones and so many plants i dont have time for fuck ups or mistakes and the time is more valuable. I need a good 1 part that i can just hit and go. The veg is 20-20-20 which is awesome IMO and it takes a little to go a long ways. The flower ratio is perfect for flower. No need for boosters. My plants are loving this shit.
Thanks for the insight. I've been interested in changing it up with dry. Looks like it's between this and megacrop.

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
Gonna do some reading into these strains! Love all the gorilla glue crosses, really wanting to get my hands on some seeds for the next grow I start in August. Which strain do you feel is the heaviest yielder on your site? Which do you feel is the most potent THC wise, and have any been lab tested yet? I would love a sample but otherwise I might just buy them now.

SCJedi

Synergist
Prob a pathogen from the warm water trickling some uglies into your system. Add a tea into your setup and put an end to that bullshit. No need to chill DTW or ebb systems IMO. Especially since your ambient air temp is what keeps your pot root zone above 80. Correct the problem before it gets to the roots and it will straighten up.
I'm trying man. I live in Sacramento and the 40 days of 100 degree days has begun and my 10K BTU AC is on the blink and the res sits outside of the breeding tent. Maybe some kind of a cooling pad? My tent is typically around 80* though. I may add a smidge of H2O2 as good measure.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Seems correct to me. Would you be running something differently?
Nope. Just wondering what the heat is like at 66%. I'm gonna research these and find a deal. Even v1 is good for me.
We had a whole upheaval about running 600 watts at full tilt and the heat produced vs. 600 watt @ say 66% will give ya less heat with the same amount of wattage. More distributed over more diodes. Less heat right!?