#Heisenbeans Genetics

Erick31876

Solo cup champion 2019
Oh and I have had great germ rates perfect actually , Skeleton Cookies both seem very nutrient sensitive , my normal regimen burned em a bit went straight water and CalMag last 2 feedings and now doing better
I had the same with one of my bubba kush x ecsd crosses, gave rm the same feed ppms as my other veg plants and burned the tips

Paddletail

I dropped mine in water and after 24 hours it hadn't cracked. Was a big tough seed so I cracked it slightly with my teeth and put it in a paper towel and less than 12 hours later it had a tail. Very vigorous plant that has already been topped multiple times. Going to be a monster when I am finally able to flip her

suthrngrwr

Transcendental Humanist, AnCap & Weed Enthusiast
Absolutely not, I know some of the second batch S1s might have been hit or miss But the people that got some of the First batch were fine.. The next ones released will go till the plants are half dead and dried for a month like everything else. The BBC seeds were big seeds so may have required more time to dry.
Did you see what Colin of Ethos posted on his IG recently? He claims shorter seed ripening times when changing the light schedule around day 40 to 42 to a veg time such as 15/9 or 16/8. Says it results in larger, more uniform seed ripeness and much closer to 100% germination rates than maintaining 12/12 light schedule through flower. I have had the same experience of pollinating a plant while in veg and the seeds were the largest I'd ever seen and were ripe by the fourth or fifth week of flower (probably 5 weeks after they were pollinated).

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Did you see what Colin of Ethos posted on his IG recently? He claims shorter seed ripening times when changing the light schedule around day 40 to 42 to a veg time such as 15/9 or 16/8. Says it results in larger, more uniform seed ripeness and much closer to 100% germination rates than maintaining 12/12 light schedule through flower. I have had the same experience of pollinating a plant while in veg and the seeds were the largest I'd ever seen and were ripe by the fourth or fifth week of flower (probably 5 weeks after they were pollinated).
Yeah but all my plants aren't in the same level of growth so I cant do that. Some are 3 week flower.and some are 6 week. It's all scattered so I get new seeds coming in every week.
The large seeds are the bigger pain in the ass. I think seed count depends on the amount of hairs and seed size is part genetics and also less seeds on the plant is bigger seeds. More seeds the smaller they become. But yes increasing the the light after germination will speed things up

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
sorry bout the pics, got 3/3 up on the skeleton cooks, one may not make it, the closet is too hot even with the air cond in the room, which answered my question bout growin thru the summer here, lol. I swear, Im 89% positive I put one seed in one rooter and one rooter in one smartie, Im gonna let it go, but notice the one skeleton cookies that I know just can't be twins growin like that, but they are growin together so far out of same rooter. Never done that before, and I don't want to yank the wrong one if I did make a mistake, but I swear, lol, new bag of rooters, etc. We'll see what happens, I swear I don't think I planted a seed on top of a seed, especially when Ive gotten serious bout labelling correctly and my female beans I automatically throw in a bigger smartie off the bat now, and thats a skel cook pot, lmfao.

Attachments

ss nimrod

Should I take the BBCs1's out of the container they are in and leave them out to dry out more?? I can't get any of mine to germ. I've tried everything.
Should I take the BBCs1's out of the container they are in and leave them out to dry out more?? I can't get any of mine to germ. I've tried everything.
Yes hit the reset button

I had a couple that were difficult to germinate, so.... Took them out, let them air dry, then scuffed them up with 120 sandpaper, dropped them in water for 24hrs, wrapped them in a damp paper towel, baggie, placed on top of cable box = they popped two days later

Glossybudz

Super Active Member
Sorry to hear that, the beans i popped did quite well. I haven't popped any of my BBC s1's though, but I have for two of the BBC crosses.
This is what I did for mine if you haven't done this method. I filed the seam with some fine sandpaper all around the bean, done by hand. Done for both beans.
One was OG, the other Purple punch and both popped tail right away in a warm cup of water on the stereo.
One in 18ish hours, the OG, and the PP in less than 12 hrs.
Both put direct into peat pod after popping, barely any tail out at all, just enough to know which direction to put downwards. Lol.
The peat pod gets put in a solo cup filled with my rols soil. Watered really well with prewarmed water from the bean popping water.
Solo cup kept in an 80* grow room, aka the jungle, and two strong little ladies a few days later.
No germ issues at all for my two beans, quite good in fact. Lol.
I would Use the sand paper trick if known to be stuburn seeds. These are new genetic crosses so it's learn time for for most of us all 😎
Then I would use the Paper towel method place in a dark warm space adding h20 when needed then putting into coco i think till They show up .

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Germ rates are great now. I have to get more pots for the indoor garden. I have 5 peat plugs left (purple punch and dubstep). and 3 of those have something green going on.

5 Canuck Seeds 1 Ace seed and 5 Heisenbeans already growing...

Its going to be bonkers...

Last edited:

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
Not the same as what Ethos is speaking of,but I've had some plants I experimented pollinating preflower stigma on and by the 4th -5th week of 10/14 I had huge ripe beans in the targeted area.Of course the others that were pollinated once budset started weren't close.But at harvest,the sites' that were hit after flower had beans in them that didnt look like the preflower in veg pollinated sites.They were smaller overall with SOME stripeing.Look like they came from two different plants. No other pollen was availeable at this time.
These plants are just badass.

takeurmeds

prices have gone up on a few packs, wedding cake s1, purple cake, and east coast stardawg are now 129 at heisenbeans....and coupon code doesnt work for them.....purple cake on GPS for less haha its a new week i guess.

And a quote from GPS about purple cake for those of you wondering....I guess Gu grew it before anyone else? "The kief that Purple Cake creates is a sugary-vanilla treat that all Purple Punch and Wedding Cake lovers will enjoy."

Im not here to talk shit but this shit all seems funny. Especially since the first page on this Heisen thread says, "There will be full transperancy on everything grown in house and all the crosses made will be 100 percent tested and verified."

Last edited: