Heathen's Basterds

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
With the rockwool, it's pretty easy to saturate it beyond the point where ya wany it. But I like to cluster them in groups and tape em together for stability, warmth, and to help keep the moisture in. Ive had good success with the heating pad , as long as I dont forget to water.
That reminds a stoner, g2g water ma shit!!!

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Hears what I do with rockwool @Old ST1R
I buy the long RW batt and cut 1x1x3" chunks off, think it's 3". Cheep.
Use a small nail or something clean to poke a hole 75% through, the long way.
Take a liter of RO and add 1ml 35% H202 PH to 5.8-6ish
Soak the RW till it sinks. This is way too wet as is. So take the wife's salad spinner and spin all the water out. Note, If she may kill you, go to the dollar store and pick up a dedicated RW spinner LOL
I then cut a couple inches off an alow plant and dip the cutting end in the allow. Rooting hormone would work hear too or nothing.
Poke your cut into the hole in the RW, then water with a squezzy pipet 2-4mills of the same water. Put under heated dome 80F and monitor the weight of the RW every couple days and add water to each as needed.
Also get a tube of chlorex wipes and clean your hands well before taking cuts and before any time touching the RW. I pretty much have 100%.

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Soak the RW till it sinks. This is way too wet as is. So take the wife's salad spinner and spin all the water out. Note, If she may kill you, go to the dollar store and pick up a dedicated RW spinner LOL
I then cut a couple inches off an alow plant and dip the cutting end in the allow. Rooting hormone would work hear too or nothing.
Poke your cut into the hole in the RW, then water with a squezzy pipet 2-4mills of the same water. Put under heated dome 80F and monitor the weight of the RW every couple days and add water to each as needed.
Also get a tube of chlorex wipes and clean your hands well before taking cuts and before any time touching the RW. I pretty much have 100%.
That sounds foolproof. I like it. Personally I’ve been just leaving cuttings in a cup of water and change the water every 4 days or so till I see roots. No hormone or gel. Forgot where I even put it now lol. I’m around 85-90% successful with that. In the summer I do it in a window because we only have a couple hours of darkness most of the summer. Seems like everyone finds a slightly different method that works for them. I have a buddy with the same success rate that scrapes stem a bit then into expensive gel then into promix and done. Works for him 90%. When I did it that way I hated it and had horrid success rate haha. Seems folks really like the rapid rooters and little homemade hydro cloners these days. If I had space for one I’d use it

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Thanks Turpman! The H2O2 would be new to me. Can I use distilled water instead of the RO water?

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Yep. Even tap if you have good water. Oh one thing forgot to mention I add enough calmag to bring ppm up to 150 you should do the same with distilled.

The reason I use h202 is If you have any pathogens in your water it will kill most if not all of them and give your cut the best chance.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
That sounds foolproof. I like it. Personally I’ve been just leaving cuttings in a cup of water and change the water every 4 days or so till I see roots. No hormone or gel. Forgot where I even put it now lol. I’m around 85-90% successful with that. In the summer I do it in a window because we only have a couple hours of darkness most of the summer. Seems like everyone finds a slightly different method that works for them. I have a buddy with the same success rate that scrapes stem a bit then into expensive gel then into promix and done. Works for him 90%. When I did it that way I hated it and had horrid success rate haha. Seems folks really like the rapid rooters and little homemade hydro cloners these days. If I had space for one I’d use it
I was bred into this with clones and aerocloners...spoiled by my mentor lol...100% clones everytime...now I'm cupping it lol I'm at like 80% success rate only because like you I put them somewhere and forget or forget to swap water or fill the water lol...you should definitely build a cloner with neoprene collars and the rapids are really nice I'm glad I jumped on that wagon...I've used gels, powders, straight water, and peroxide and I feel like tap is just fine just take a lil longer lol. Got a cloner sitting collecting dust 16 site is useless when you have 48 clones...I agree everyone always finds their own way which another reason I love this shit

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
I will take suggestions for next chuck based on what I have going, 4 Hammer regs , 4 Mac x AAW REGS, 3 CNC regs , 1 SBS clone, 1 God Bud clone , 1 Heisen BOD fem , 4 Heisen Nana Basterd clones , 3 GrapeStomper F4 Candy Pheno regs . 1 Helms Deep 15 reg ( MB15 X LBF ) . that's what is in veg. What kind of stuff would You guys want ?