Having issues and need help

Baron

Really Active Member
I have been looking into promix , several different types and a wide range in prices, if I could have a more direct description of which one is recommended, I would greatly appreciate it.

Baron

Really Active Member
I don't even make seeds - no worries.

You're newish here I think, and I see free seeds offered on here all the time. I'd hate to see you pass something up because "freebie" not knowing. If Hydrored hooked you up I guess that ship has sailed ;)
Your Cool dude 👍

Baron

Really Active Member
On an unrelated topic ( wasn’t sure were to post this question ), if you take a cutting from a plant in flower, will the resulting clone also be in the flower stage when it takes root or do you have to make it reveg ?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
On an unrelated topic ( wasn’t sure were to post this question ), if you take a cutting from a plant in flower, will the resulting clone also be in the flower stage when it takes root or do you have to make it reveg ?
Depends on lighting. If you are wanting to try monster-cropping (flower clones) and make them re-veg, you can get some killer plants but it takes patience. You would prep them and put them back in 18/6, and after a month or so shoots will start to pop out at the original flower sites.

If you keep them in 12/12, they would continue to flower like the rest of the plant? But there would be a pause for them to re-root? Don't see a purpose in that, but I might be stoned. :)

Baron

Really Active Member
Depends on lighting. If you are wanting to try monster-cropping (flower clones) and make them re-veg, you can get some killer plants but it takes patience. You would prep them and put them back in 18/6, and after a month or so shoots will start to pop out at the original flower sites.

If you keep them in 12/12, they would continue to flower like the rest of the plant? But there would be a pause for them to re-root? Don't see a purpose in that, but I might be stoned. :)
Thanks for the input. 👍

Jewels

Bon~Fire
A 'freebie" in this context is random seed that was included with your shipment when you purposefully selected other products from seedsman.

Meaningful property, exchanged between comrades, is typically refered to as a 'gift'.

@Seed of Memory of also growing the Widow. Mine is just a week into flower.
I F'd one of those Alaskan's -right in the A
The other is trying to make a name for herself.

Do you have photo's up of the other plants, Baron ?

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
A 'freebie" in this context is random seed that was included with your shipment when you purposefully selected other products from seedsman.

Meaningful property, exchanged between comrades, is typically refered to as a 'gift'.

That i am and she is, as I've said a million times, a finicky bitch but I got her as a freebie along with a few more with my seed purchase. She germed, she is growing, and she just showed her first pistils today. Can't ask for much more from something free. Except for nice, fat buds. While we are on the subject though, is it still free if you technically had to spend X amount of $ in order to receive them? It is like the $100 tattoos the shop used to offer. Any tattoo priced over $100 we would take $20 off. Problem was, the artists would up the price by $20. Therefore there was no true discount. But i digress. I received a gift from SCJedi and freebies from Seedsman.

Baron

Really Active Member

No pic up, but will get one after lights out, running lights out during the middle of the day because temperatures were getting to low with them off during the night

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Cold can really throw an anchor on growth, I was having issues until I bought a thermometer that showed daily highs and lows.
I was loathe to invest the electricity to run the space-heater at lights off. I justified it by telling myself that I would be wasting my time (yield), if I didn't provide optimal conditions---at all times.

I would say that the younger a plant is the easier it is to clone. It is possible to clone a plant at any stage in its life cycle, it just becomes more difficult and may take longer -the more mature the donor.
They will revert to a veg cycle, and figure it out eventually.

Baron

Really Active Member
Cold can really throw an anchor on growth, I was having issues until I bought a thermometer that showed daily highs and lows.
I was loathe to invest the electricity to run the space-heater at lights off. I justified it by telling myself that I would be wasting my time (yield), if I didn't provide optimal conditions---at all times.

I would say that the younger a plant is the easier it is to clone. It is possible to clone a plant at any stage in its life cycle, it just becomes more difficult and may take longer -the more mature the donor.
Thanks for your input, the pics that you asked about are in a new grow journal “Grow 2.5” any ideas or advice will be greatly appreciated.

mjw42

I have been looking into promix , several different types and a wide range in prices, if I could have a more direct description of which one is recommended, I would greatly appreciate it.
Just browsing thru this thread. My 2cents...

Not sure if you mentioned if you are using straight FFOF? Also, have you determined if you are (bad)bug free?

I'd recommend looking up Moonshine's Mix recipe as a general guide. Add Bokashi and Insect Frass. I've used this recipe loosely for years. This recipe waters down the FF soil in a sense. The FF soil straight is pretty hot and needs no feeding for at least a month. It's great soil I think. Sounds like you are using the FF nutes as well? Stuff is also very strong. Once you begin feeding with salts it's very hard to reverse the negy effects which are usually burn then lockout. Flushing is necessary to fix this issue. You will need to flush heavily at the end too. Last 2 weeks. Most say only a week but you will find your final product will not burn to white ash.

I've gotten away in general from bottled nutes. Build a nice soil and feed it with myco's(recharge) and teas. Way easier and impossible to screw-up. I still cheat at weeks 4-7 using Green Planet Massive Bloom. That stuff is the bomb. By then my soil is very inoculated. To the point that my top soil has a sheen of mycoplasma growing across the surface. Throw in a little cover crop too. Bloom City Organic Earthworm Tea, Silica and CalMag is pretty much all I use. They make great products that go a long way.

I'm doing a run where half are using the Miracle Grow Performance Organics soil and I'm pretty sold on this stuff. I have a hard time getting FFOF and it's $$. Its also can be very buggy.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk

Growth hormones etc. are more vigarist at an early stage of growth.
I will take advantage of cold.
If you can keep a plants roots warm(55->), they can withstand very low temps and Chlorophyll production seems to drop and the plant will produce extreme colors and a lot more resin and maybe even different types of "cannabinoids".
What I have noticed over the years.

Baron

Really Active Member
@Jewels , @NoWaistedSpace , @mjw42 , thanks so much for the input, keep it coming, I’ll take all the help I can get. as far as bugs go, I have started Couple beans, last night checked on them the one that was up had laid down and when I tried to stand it up it broke off, checked the other one, tap root was turning brown, opened the shell up and it full of tiny white bugs, dug around and it was teaming with them, found it in three others, disposed of all 4 to prevent full on infestation, as near as I can tell, they are some sort of mites.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
@Jewels , @NoWaistedSpace , @mjw42 , thanks so much for the input, keep it coming, I’ll take all the help I can get. as far as bugs go, I have started Couple beans, last night checked on them the one that was up had laid down and when I tried to stand it up it broke off, checked the other one, tap root was turning brown, opened the shell up and it full of tiny white bugs, dug around and it was teaming with them, found it in three others, disposed of all 4 to prevent full on infestation, as near as I can tell, they are some sort of mites.
Inside the shell? Interesting to see a picture of that. Everyone needs a computer microscope.
Look at the trichs and leaves and see what is actually going on with development.

Baron

Really Active Member
Here are pics of the NL fans, 3 days ago, I cut out every leaf that had any damage, this is what they look like, and this is how much I removed tonight with damage, and just for giggles, I found a stink bug in with her. New growth is pretty, otherwise I’d cut her ass and off to the burn pile she goes, to be honest, I’m about half way there as it is.AB16B14F-0B51-4D38-9D72-D82B66347ADC.jpegCDFB6142-C789-42A3-9876-E74920F04219.jpegBA87E9C0-6C20-4F15-B875-09B6910C4C1D.jpeg