Having issues and need help

Highsince76

Super Active Member
@Highsince76 , what strain is that in the picture you have as your avatar?
It's a strain out of Oregon called Pinkleberry. Pistols are actually a bright pink in color.
I didn't grow it though. Last I checked they wouldn't even come off seeds.

I have used FFOF many times with no issues, but I have read about some people having problems. Some say it's not consistent like it once was and some say it can be to "hot" for seedlings in some strains.
I usually start them out in FF Happy Frog and after they outgrow there beer cup, they go in FFOF.
But last few grows I been making my own and re-using it with new amendments added each time.
I could see a bad batch getting out though.
But you have some going from same batch without problems; so I wouldn't think that's the problem.

I have a buddy growing some stardawg s1 right now with the exact same thing you have going (FFOF + NLS), right from seed with no issues. He's five weeks in flower with only adding cal/mag and em1 along the way. So it can be done without problems I know.

Last edited:

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
As mentioned, I wouldnt be led to believe it is the soil as your others from same bag are doing better.
Im not a soil guy so I wont try to advise on any of that, but from what I can see in pics is that they are feeding due to the darker color/lack of yellowing and the slightly burnt tips.
With all this evident, Id be on the side of pH issue causing lockouts. If it were a lack of P/K in early flower there would be signs of purpling in the petioles and center vein of the leaves accompanying the spotting on the leaves.
I know its not the absolute diagnosis you were looking for but I hope it can help you get on the right path of correction.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have some sledgehammer flush that came with the fox farms soil kit, should I flush and start over, if so, I have wondered, when you flush how do prevent symptoms from being over watered?
Wet soil is not a problem, as long as you let it dry between waterings. When you 'flush' and use more water than is necessary to just soak the plant, it doesn't get any more soaked. Just wait for the pot to get light/dry before watering again.

If you use the sledgehammer keep in mind that you won't be watering for 3-4 days, so I personally still adjust the pH of the water. In this instance especially where underfed might be the only issue, I would have a bucket of feed ready too and give each flushed plant a little feeding at the end. When you strip the soil with the sledgehammer you remove the good and the bad.

Baron

Really Active Member
Wet soil is not a problem, as long as you let it dry between waterings. When you 'flush' and use more water than is necessary to just soak the plant, it doesn't get any more soaked. Just wait for the pot to get light/dry before watering again.

If you use the sledgehammer keep in mind that you won't be watering for 3-4 days, so I personally still adjust the pH of the water. In this instance especially where underfed might be the only issue, I would have a bucket of feed ready too and give each flushed plant a little feeding at the end. When you strip the soil with the sledgehammer you remove the good and the bad.
Thanks, good info. Think I will flush and start over. The only one I actually paid for was the Zittles and she is doing the best, so basically all I have lost is time. 🤞

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Thanks, good info. Think I will flush and start over. The only one I actually paid for was the Zittles and she is doing the best, so basically all I have lost is time. 🤞
Don't give up on them. If you want to learn, play with them and nurse them to the finish. Weed is weed - free buds smoke the same as the ones you paid for. If you have two plants showing the exact same issue and don't know what to do, try 2 solutions and see which helped more. Flush one, feed the other, hide-n-watch.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
O no, not getting rid o the plants, gonna flush with the sledgehammer. As long as they are alive I won’t throw them out, sorry for the confusion. Thanks for the concern though, that’s why I like it so much here. 👍
I just mean that I can give you a possible solution (not having all the info you have) or any of the others can as well. There are several possibilities, and your plants aren't too far gone, so trying two separate ideas might be best for your future grows.

Unless this is your last grow, the trick isn't to nurse these plants to the finish - it's to make sure your future grows aren't a hassle as well. You could try several solutions and all might work relatively well. If you can determine for a relative certainty that "x" was the problem, you can avoid it in the future.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Flushing plants has served me well. If an issue I’ll just ph the water and let it rip, dump a bunch through the pot. Last bucket of water I’ll add some calmag and ph, nothing else. Day or two and things straighten themselves out. It’s a good place to start. I never feed more than 600ppm I’m ocean forest. usually in 400 range.

Baron

Really Active Member
I am open to any suggestions. That’s the reason I’m here to learn. Not legal here and 350 for an ounce , so I can afford to make mistakes. besides , when you buy black market, you never know where it came from or what might be on it, he’ll I have even found a rock in a bag. FYI I don’t sell and never will, not worth the risk.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
I am open to any suggestions. That’s the reason I’m here to learn. Not legal here and 350 for an ounce , so I can afford to make mistakes. besides , when you buy black market, you never know where it came from or what might be on it, he’ll I have even found a rock in a bag. FYI I don’t sell and never will, not worth the risk.
Lol I hear ya there. I got 11 zips my first grow. Figured I saved myself 3k my first go round. I’ve invested more now but it’s a great hobby. I’m still new so don’t have much advice.

the one with the brown on the lower leaf, wonder if they didn’t have nutes spilled on them?

Baron

Really Active Member
Flushing plants has served me well. If an issue I’ll just ph the water and let it rip, dump a bunch through the pot. Last bucket of water I’ll add some calmag and ph, nothing else. Day or two and things straighten themselves out. It’s a good place to start. I never feed more than 600ppm I’m ocean forest. usually in 400 range.
Thanks, good to know, is there a chart on here that shows how much ml per gallon to get the ppm that everyone one speaks about?

Baron

Really Active Member
I hear
Lol I hear ya there. I got 11 zips my first grow. Figured I saved myself 3k my first go round. I’ve invested more now but it’s a great hobby. I’m still new so don’t have much advice.

the one with the brown on the lower leaf, wonder if they didn’t have nutes spilled on them?
I hear ya man, I can see how growing as a hobby can quickly become an expensive habit, if I didn’t have 2 kids in college, I could see this really getting out of hand. I appreciate the input.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If you look at the FF feeding schedule, reduce it by a factor of whatever based on your lighting, you should be in the ballpark for ppm. I still use the Big Bloom part of the trio, and it is fairly harmless (organic). The other two are ones to watch out for. 25-50% is usually safe. Start low, then up it if needed,

If you have seen the water filter commercials where they check the purity of the water with the little device, it's the ppm they are checking.

Last edited: