Having issues and need help

Baron

Really Active Member
2nd grow, 1st autos, 3 plants all in ffof with nature’s living soil (auto blend). No nutes, only cal mag 5ml per gallon of rain water with 5 ml unsulfered molasses. PHEd 6.5, tested run off and it was 7.0. Temps running upper 70’s to low 80’s with lights on - mid 60’s with lights off. RH has remained pretty constant at 35-55 according to weather or not hvac has furnace running. All 3 popped week before Christmas.

Baron

Really Active Member
Just as a reference these 2 are white widow and alaskan purple, both popped Jan 1 in a 50/50 blend of ffof and ffhf with nature’s living soil original blend, up potted this AM. Both are photoperiod and all 5 on 18/6 light schedules.

Attachments

Highsince76

Super Active Member
Not sure what you have going on there bud. From your media mix, they should not be hungry. If anything, the opposite.
Unless they are experiencing a lockout, but you say ph is on.
Did you "cook" your soil? (Moisten, and let sit for a month before use)
What is your lighting and what's it set at?
Probably not the issue, but I don't think they need cal/mag yet.

Baron

Really Active Member
Not sure what you have going on there bud. From your media mix, they should not be hungry. If anything, the opposite.
Unless they are experiencing a lockout, but you say ph is on.
Did you "cook" your soil? (Moisten, and let sit for a month before use)
What is your lighting and what's it set at?
Probably not the issue, but I don't think they need cal/mag yet.
Soil sat 10-14 days after mix, hlg 100 v2 3000k, at 18”

Highsince76

Super Active Member
IDK. Hopefully somebody stops by that can tell you more.
Looks like Strawberry cheesecake and NL have the same problem though.
Zittles don't look to bad. Brown spots look like little bit of cal. deficiency, but no real biggie compared to the other two.
I know when they are young and sick, I won't crank my light wattage way up. It just stresses them more.

Your WW and AP look real nice.

Could of the soil got contaminated or to much of
Natures living soil mix?

Baron

Really Active Member
IDK. Hopefully somebody stops by that can tell you more.
Looks like Strawberry cheesecake and NL have the same problem though.
Zittles don't look to bad. Brown spots look like little bit of cal. deficiency, but no real biggie compared to the other two.
I know when they are young and sick, I won't crank my light wattage way up. It just stresses them more.

Your WW and AP look real nice.

Could of the soil got contaminated or to much of
Natures living soil mix?
They both have soil from same bag of ocean forest, mixEd amendments per their directions, even used kitchen scales measured to the gram, I did find a stick in that bag and a lot of bark, as you can see in the pictures. Think I be through with ocean forest, gonna be a expensive addition to the compost pile !

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I grow in soil and I'll try to help. I hate trying to decipher stuff from pics, just because the difference between lighting/camera/ etc. can be deceiving.

Here's an opinion, but be careful - I'm fucking high - ask for clarification if needed :)

I try to keep stuff simple. I see "light green leaves" I think low nitrogen.

For me if I see anything that resembles low N, P, or K (big 3) - I think hungry.

I feed at 25% of the recommended dosage of my nutes

Not random. I do this because I heard a tale that most feeding schedules are based on a lot of plants under 1000w of light (easy math). I have +/- 250w in each of my flower rooms. 25%.

If I saw this I would bump it to 50% for the next feed, and regardless of what I did last time using a feed-water-feed-water schedule, I would feed next.

Don't short the calmag.

I'm a control freak and I use RO water, then I put in what I want. I had plant issues doing this, until I realized I was reducing the cal-mag to 25% along with the feed stuff. Bad move.

Silica supplements are good.

I hope this buck-shot blast of nuggets helps :)

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
Best soil for Autos and for beginning growers is the promix, Hell I still use it it is so good. It doesn't have any added nutes, Sorghum , peat, vermiculite ,and Microzonezole Sp? Too many new growers have their soil too hot to start or get lock out because too much food. I like knowing exactly what and how much I am feeding , havnt had a lock it forever , only thing You watch for is heavy feeders and adjust on the fly from Your baseline feeding. I add 10ML of Hyd Peroxise with every water feeding thru life of plant to remove salts from roots . KISS method . With Promix I havnt had to really monitor PH too much either. Just a few thoughts.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Best soil for Autos and for beginning growers is the promix, Hell I still use it it is so good. It doesn't have any added nutes, Sorghum , peat, vermiculite ,and Microzonezole Sp? Too many new growers have their soil too hot to start or get lock out because too much food. I like knowing exactly what and how much I am feeding , havnt had a lock it forever , only thing You watch for is heavy feeders and adjust on the fly from Your baseline feeding. I add 10ML of Hyd Peroxise with every water feeding thru life of plant to remove salts from roots . KISS method . With Promix I havnt had to really monitor PH too much either. Just a few thoughts.
Yes!

Which is why I hate the internet diagnosis. It could be a lock-out thing - where it needs flushed and a new start - or it could just be underfed. Not knowing the whole story makes people hesitant to commit.