Having issues and need help

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
So just my 2 cents and I'm still flowering out my first grow but we have a similar mix. I'm using FFOF for a few of my plants and i use the trio for nutes. The leaf that is brown, is it touching the soil?

So thanks to @H.A.F. helping walk me through it time and again, he is a great source of info. Cut the nutes to 25% if you use them. I've also gotten in the habit of dosing Cal-mag every water. Hard to OD them it seems. I turned my first plants into an experiment and I learned loads. 1 is in full flower and the other decided it wanted to be a dude after beginning flower. Try to fix them in separate ways then use them for practice. Try different training techniques and feed levels. Mind you, each strain reacts differently. The first seeds I ordered were seedsman as well. I'm in an illegal state so I know that feeling too. Lots of amazing people here willing to let you pick their brains if you listen.

Please remember however that I am still a pure rookie and don't know shit compared to these people. Just know what it is like to be in your shoes.

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
Just my 2 cents... I'd try removing a top layer of the FFOF and replacing with an EWC/Perlite mix.

Don't overwater.

In soil, you should be watering once a week, max. In my 5gal pot, I want to be able to get elbow deep because it's loose and dry.

5gal pot = 1 gal water. Size down accordingly.

Give them a week or two of only water.

Then try adding 1/4 Cup of Kelp Meal to 1 gallon of water and throw in a handful of EWC. (Yes, it should look like mud). Shake it up real good every day for a few days, or if you can throw an airstone in there even better. Anyway, the stuff will be foaming, and beautiful, and your plants will love you for it.

Last edited:

Baron

Really Active Member
Update on my troubled plants, I flushed the Zittles with sledgehammer, flushed strawberry cheesecake with only ph’ed water, gave the northern lights cal mag. The only one that showed improvement was the Zittles, so I flushed the other 2 with sledgehammer followed up with ff big bloom and cal mag both at half strength. Pictures taken tonight at lights out, all opinions and suggestions are welcome.

Attachments

Baron

Really Active Member
The Zittles is still showing burned ends, though not nearly at the rate as before, strawberry cheesecake showing burned ends and crazy knotted up leaves, again not nearly as bad as before, the northern lights is still showing all symptoms as before, l cut out the blotchy leaves and when they came back, I isolated it in my tent as a precaution.

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
Another my 2 cents input incoming, fair warning it may be worth only 1 cent 😂😂😂
Are you running any kind of beneficial bacteria in your soil and or waterings, if you did have a PH issue/nute lockout getting the life in the soil rocking could help get your rootzone back in balance, along with good flushing to help reset what's going on in there

Baron

Really Active Member
Another my 2 cents input incoming, fair warning it may be worth only 1 cent 😂😂😂
Are you running any kind of beneficial bacteria in your soil and or waterings, if you did have a PH issue/nute lockout getting the life in the soil rocking could help get your rootzone back in balance, along with good flushing to help reset what's going on in there
I have nature’s living soil in my mix. I still have several pound left, would you recommend that I top dress or make a tea for my next watering, would either way be to hot for them, does the sledgehammer kill the bacteria and fungi that is in the soil ?

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Best soil for Autos and for beginning growers is the promix, Hell I still use it it is so good. It doesn't have any added nutes, Sorghum , peat, vermiculite ,and Microzonezole Sp? Too many new growers have their soil too hot to start or get lock out because too much food. I like knowing exactly what and how much I am feeding , havnt had a lock it forever , only thing You watch for is heavy feeders and adjust on the fly from Your baseline feeding. I add 10ML of Hyd Peroxise with every water feeding thru life of plant to remove salts from roots . KISS method . With Promix I havnt had to really monitor PH too much either. Just a few thoughts.
Diddo what he said.
I used Pro-Mix back in the 80's and I still use it today. And under 30 bucks a bale. I'll add course perlite along with my recipe just for ample drainage.
How much water are you giving them?
What runoff 1/2 gal or 1/2 oz? This is where growers run into problems, they water, but don;t water enough and the plant uptakes more water and less nutes. So they build up and build up, Then you water really well, then all of a sudden, everything starts going haywire. 1st this deficiency look, that triggers another and another, when all you needed was to soak with a good amount of plain water, allowing the water to loosen the salt buildup, then come back a little later and water again till you have a good bit of run off. I'd PH test what comes out with the 1st and then PH test your second and you'll notice a change. Now you have a base line to understanding how all this works and what is going on with your plant.
I'm sorry a head of time if any part of this comment is wrong or doesn't make sense,
cause
I'm comfortably numb.
Good luck

Last edited:

Baron

Really Active Member
@NoWaistedSpace , thanks much, I generally water just till it runs out the bottom, this time while doing the flush, ran more than a gallon thru each 3 gallon pot, sat them in the tub on milk crates and it had run off like the faucet was on , now just waiting and watching till next watering to see how things go

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
@NoWaistedSpace , thanks much, I generally water just till it runs out the bottom, this time while doing the flush, ran more than a gallon thru each 3 gallon pot, sat them in the tub on milk crates and it had run off like the faucet was on , now just waiting and watching till next watering to see how things go
Soil/Pro-Mix etc.,
When you first notice something is happening to your plant, it will likely be about a week ahead of you trying to heal itself. In the next few days, it will likely tell you whether it is beginning to recover, or, it will progressively get worse. Don't freak out and start adding stuff, you could make it worse.
As Heathen said, K.I.S.S.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
1st time with both and they were freebies
Just a note, for this forum at least, "freebie" has little or nothing to do with the quality of the seeds. I have read at least half a dozen reasons people decided one strain hit the market and another was a "go-with".

If they put their name on it and let you grow it, there's a good chance they are proud of at east some aspect of it or it would never see any kind of publicity.

Baron

Really Active Member
Just a note, for this forum at least, "freebie" has little or nothing to do with the quality of the seeds. I have read at least half a dozen reasons people decided one strain hit the market and another was a "go-with".

If they put their name on it and let you grow it, there's a good chance they are proud of at east some aspect of it or it would never see any kind of publicity.
I concede your point, just for the record I did not mean freebies as a derogatory term, it was merrily a statement of fact. Hell I love freebies, the favorite seeds I have in my small but growing collection are freebies I got from @HydroRed, and I couldn’t be more proud and appreciative for having them. I will however, be more attentive in how I use the term and I apologize for any offense that I have caused.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I concede your point, just for the record I did not mean freebies as a derogatory term, it was merrily a statement of fact. Hell I love freebies, the favorite seeds I have in my small but growing collection are freebies I got from @HydroRed, and I couldn’t be more proud and appreciative for having them. I will however, be more attentive in how I use the term and I apologize for any offense that I have caused.
I don't even make seeds - no worries.

You're newish here I think, and I see free seeds offered on here all the time. I'd hate to see you pass something up because "freebie" not knowing. If Hydrored hooked you up I guess that ship has sailed ;)