Having issues and need help

Baron

Really Active Member
Can you magnify? Have you inspected the undersides for webbing or blackdung ?

I am no expertmologist; yet I believe that, root problems can be visible in the canopy, and , an insect may lifecycle through the soil, and migrate to foliage.
Already thrown out, searched removed fans with my loop, no dung or signs of spider mites, did find what looked like a tiny light green egg sacks hang on the edge of a fan leaf right at the point of a saw closest to the stem

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
1580435222197.png
Did it resemble this?
Adults head straight for the tops (fresh shoots, very tender, yum!)spreading eggs the whole way.
You are looking where they have been and moved on. Took me 2 weeks to find an actually living adult broad mite with a computer microscope one time. Not saying you have them. Were the leaves shiny?

Last edited:

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Is that from russet mites? Just guessing.
Broad Mites, but you're not gonna see them with a loupe scope. You might see the egg trail and bite marks on the stem and veins of leaf. Will turn purplish mark later will turn brown. they bite and suck the nutrients from the undersides of leaves. Look for tracks up each side of the leaf stem and veins. If you see tiny balls in line up the leaf, they done been there. Those will hatch and off they go doing the same thing. you start seeing the damage 4th or 5th week of flower. Looks like nute deficiency, so you feed and you feed the bugs.
They explode!
Sorry
Yea, Broad mites. lol
Baron,
You can go here and should find an answer. There is other info besides Broad Mites.

Last edited:

Baron

Really Active Member
No to shiny leaves, just the opposite, this thing is an auto with maybe 3 weeks left to go. I have neem, insecticidal soap, and a wide variety of harsh chemicals I would never spray on something that I would smoke. I doubt at this point, that I will get much if any useable bud from this plant. So I am open to experimenting on her with anything and everything, so if anyone has any ideas, shoot-em my way. I’ll try about anything to stop this from spreading and for prevention in the future.

Last edited:

Baron

Really Active Member
Awhile back I had some coco had some little white wormy things in it. Found them in the soil when checking on some beans for tap roots.
Had a few beans fail that were in it.
We're the bugs you saw wormlike? Or roundish
Not worm like, not fungus knats if that’s what you’re thinking, tiny little things roundish, would have never seen them with my old eyes, except there were so many and moving.

mjw42

There are soil drenches that have essential oils like rosemary, mint, etc. SNS 209 is a pretty good late stage agitate. I feel like it disrupts them enough to give your plant a chance to catch its breath and make a good run for the finish. Not going to kill the bugs unless you go toxic...no bueno.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Well the leaf damage etc matches nothing I've ever experienced. So I'm only going off the bug theory from what you posted on.

So I'd approach it as such if all else seems good to go.

Up to you, but could mix up a quantity of the insecticidal soap or other such killer, and do a soil drench, and spray, hand wash all the leaves with the same, literally hose the whole plant soil and all down. Dunk the whole sucker if you can. Lol.
Rinse and repeat as necessary.
That's all I got buddy. Good luck with it for sure.
Most of your "evil" insects hang out on the undersides of the leaves, fighting, feasting, and ff....procreating.
They like to be in a lower light, hidden area, that normally isn't disturbed. Building their army slowly staying hidden in the shadows and sending "sex scouts" mapping and "procreating" the whole way. lol

They make both, a soil drench, and a plant treatment.
I can't think of the name of the company at the moment.

My point above was concentrate on the undersides of leaves, the buds are pretty protected, so not as much spray will get on the flower if you are careful.
Turn the plant almost upside down if you can.
This when it would be nice to have a friend to help.
Sorry, I'm still stoned from 2012. lol

mjw42

^^^
Yep. They are either camped under the leaves or in the soil....or both at various stages.

I use air pots sometimes. They are very susceptible to fungus gnats due to the amount of surface area soil sites. It's like the Death Star. Fukers flying out from all of those holes like TIE fighters. My new solution is cover in panty hose and top with Growstone Natnix. Works superbly. No mess like the D-Earth. Less random dirt flying out too. Let your babies get pretty dry and it's game over for those assholes.

The other two bugs I've dealt with are Thrips and Whiteflies. I'm finding Whiteflies to be the most challenging thus far. Tough bastards.

I've had WAY less problems since going 99% organic soil grow. Once you establish a healthy soil culture they really seem to be able to suppress the onslaught. Hormonal response?

These are just my observations. I'm no green guru. I still like to hit Popeyes from time to time ;)

Baron

Really Active Member
@mjw42 , @NoWaistedSpace , thanks much, my plan is to soil drench my NL tomorrow in the sun light so that I can see what all is going on with it. While it is out of the tent, I’m going to clean the tent with a mild bleach and soap solution, also going to follow @Jesselikes2Grow suggestion and examine the roots to see what is going on with them. I can’t see how it would matter, but I have only found pest in the plants that I sprouted in my incubator.

Baron

Really Active Member
^^^
Yep. They are either camped under the leaves or in the soil....or both at various stages.

I use air pots sometimes. They are very susceptible to fungus gnats due to the amount of surface area soil sites. It's like the Death Star. Fukers flying out from all of those holes like TIE fighters. My new solution is cover in panty hose and top with Growstone Natnix. Works superbly. No mess like the D-Earth. Less random dirt flying out too. Let your babies get pretty dry and it's game over for those assholes.

The other two bugs I've dealt with are Thrips and Whiteflies. I'm finding Whiteflies to be the most challenging thus far. Tough bastards.

I've had WAY less problems since going 99% organic soil grow. Once you establish a healthy soil culture they really seem to be able to suppress the onslaught. Hormonal response?

These are just my observations. I'm no green guru. I still like to hit Popeyes from time to time ;)
Dude, I live in south, Popeyes is a food group.🤓

Big Perm

Budtender
2nd grow, 1st autos, 3 plants all in ffof with nature’s living soil (auto blend). No nutes, only cal mag 5ml per gallon of rain water with 5 ml unsulfered molasses. PHEd 6.5, tested run off and it was 7.0. Temps running upper 70’s to low 80’s with lights on - mid 60’s with lights off. RH has remained pretty constant at 35-55 according to weather or not hvac has furnace running. All 3 popped week before Christmas.
Imo, your temps and humidity are too low. I didn't read all of the thread, but the first page. I see you are running led, 2nd grow, you might not know that you need your temps to be up into the mid 80's, and humidity about 60%. If you haven't heard of VPD, check it out.