Grow Yer Own Stone with Old Stoner

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I grew two seeds from my baggie. Could barely get a buzz off of it. Wish I knew about photo period plants back then.
Agreed, outdoor only, I didn't get Mel Frank's grow guide until early 1980s, there were way to much stoner myths, a few landrace plants with airy buds but a lot of unknown bag seeds that barely started to flower, rolling leaves was not uncommon lol

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Agreed, outdoor only, I didn't get Mel Frank's grow guide until early 1980s, there were way to much stoner myths, a few landrace plants with airy buds but a lot of unknown bag seeds that barely started to flower, rolling leaves was not uncommon lol
Yeah, nobody new anything back then, not like now anyways. I didn’t even know they would flower. Man, smoking all that green leaf. Haha.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Yeah, nobody new anything back then, not like now anyways. I didn’t even know they would flower. Man, smoking all that green leaf. Haha.
Right! None of the photos or drawings showed plants with flowers, just a plat with leaf, not until I got Mel Frank's book did I start to clue in... Further north I lived the less we all knew...

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
We knew the difference betweens 'buds' and 'shake' but had no clue what a trichome was. I think one dude knew the chemical compound diagram for THC... Far as I knew the hairs got you high - and they were on buds - so it kept me pointed in the right direction ;)
Hahaha! One time, I spent a couple of hours tweezing just hairs off the buds - enough to roll a pinner. Looked like saffron. And did fuck all for getting us high!

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
We knew the difference betweens 'buds' and 'shake' but had no clue what a trichome was. I think one dude knew the chemical compound diagram for THC... Far as I knew the hairs got you high - and they were on buds - so it kept me pointed in the right direction ;)
A buddy brought a 1/4 pound of Maui wowie back from Hawaii it was the first time I seen a bud, then we got some Columbian gold and wow! It was a game changer before that we only got bales of Mexican lol

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
A buddy brought a 1/4 pound of Maui wowie back from Hawaii it was the first time I seen a bud, then we got some Columbian gold and wow! It was a game changer before that we only got bales of Mexican lol
Even before we were completely clued in, looking for the hairs had us looking for buds. More buds, more hairs - especially back then because they were usually compressed at some point so none fell off - they were all glued to the buds. :ROFLMAO:

That's what I meant by thinking the pistils did the trick at least kept me looking for the right thing.

It
All
Got
Smoked :cool:

So it didn't matter if it was them or not

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Even before we were completely clued in, looking for the hairs had us looking for buds. More buds, more hairs - especially back then because they were usually compressed at some point so none fell off - they were all glued to the buds. :ROFLMAO:

That's what I meant by thinking the pistils did the trick at least kept me looking for the right thing.

It
All
Got
Smoked :cool:

So it didn't matter if it was them or not
Agreed, Mexican was so pressed together and always had plenty of seeds and stems we carded out the seeds and the rest was smoked,,,

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Agreed, Mexican was so pressed together and always had plenty of seeds and stems we carded out the seeds and the rest was smoked,,,
Before I figured out you could buy a QP then sell 3oz to pay for your oz, my stash was a ziplock bag of stems that started out as buds, and was replenished as you could, but nothing was wasted because you never knew when the next would be available.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I was the cool dude when I pulled out a fat bud to roll a zig-zag 1.5 full, then left the stem on the pizza box not picked through so they could hit bowls later LOL.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think we tried making tea with them at some point.

Who knows - might have been decarbed after being stored in a sandwich-bag in the waistband of your jeans most of the day :unsure:

Last edited: