Grow Yer Own Stone with Old Stoner

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
There was a thread where we were discussing how much weight freshly cut plants need to lose, in terms of percentage of wet weight, before they are ready for jarring.

Today, the Topanga was reading 73% relative humidity. I had weighed each branch, freshly cut and wet trimmed, before begging to dry. The weigh in says that these plants lost 65% of their original weight before getting down to the 73%.

somebody had mentioned that 25% of wet weight is a final end weight, and that may be after the curing process and getting the buds down to 60% Relative Humidity.

If I can find that other thread, I’ll post the results there as well

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
There was a thread where we were discussing how much weight freshly cut plants need to lose, in terms of percentage of wet weight, before they are ready for jarring.

Today, the Topanga was reading 73% relative humidity. I had weighed each branch, freshly cut and wet trimmed, before begging to dry. The weigh in says that these plants lost 65% of their original weight before getting down to the 73%.

somebody had mentioned that 25% of wet weight is a final end weight, and that may be after the curing process and getting the buds down to 60% Relative Humidity.

If I can find that other thread, I’ll post the results there as well
I have found that the 25% weight is what takes it to that initial high 60's low 70's rH. That counts stems and everythig. After trimming and jarring it is closer to the 20% range. Here's my last few harvests to better explain what I mean. The 25 and 20 percent is from the wet weight, the "dry" number was what actually got jarred.
1618231501606.png

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I have found that the 25% weight is what takes it to that initial high 60's low 70's rH. That counts stems and everythig. After trimming and jarring it is closer to the 20% range. Here's my last few harvests to better explain what I mean. The 25 and 20 percent is from the wet weight, the "dry" number was what actually got jarred.
View attachment 88321
After removing the buds from the stems and having sit in the jars for about 12 hours, the relative humidity crept up to 79%, so my 35% of wet weight may be a little high.

I hate getting anything in the jar that isn’t very near 70%RH, so I’d tend to go early, rather than late because “they say” you can’t cure buds which have been dried too much.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
After removing the buds from the stems and having sit in the jars for about 12 hours, the relative humidity crept up to 79%, so my 35% of wet weight may be a little high.

I hate getting anything in the jar that isn’t very near 70%RH, so I’d tend to go early, rather than late because “they say” you can’t cure buds which have been dried too much.
The "acceptable variance" on a hygrometer is up to 5% either way - that's why I go by weight. But if your drying area rH is close to right, when they stop losing weight rapidlt they are close. I start checking after about 3 days for smaller stuff. the chunky stuff after 5

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Hahaha! So there’s this girl at work who is always saying she smokes and she helped me out with something at work, so returning the favor, I gave her a few selections of my Heisen weed and some of Eso’s Orangeberry smoothie.

This morning she asked me “where did I get that stuff? It knocked me on my ass!”

That was really nice to hear. I thought it was all in my head that this stuff is potent.

Kudos to Heisen and Eso!

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Hahaha! So there’s this girl at work who is always saying she smokes and she helped me out with something at work, so returning the favor, I gave her a few selections of my Heisen weed and some of Eso’s Orangeberry smoothie.

This morning she asked me “where did I get that stuff? It knocked me on my ass!”

That was really nice to hear. I thought it was all in my head that this stuff is potent.

Kudos to Heisen and Eso!
This woman who I give some of mine to, from time to time, was telling me the other day that the grass she gets from me is the only grass she's unwilling to share with her friends. She said she has no problem sharing the dispensary weed she buys but the shit she gets from me hits so much harder and she keeps it all for herself :ROFLMAO:

I always laugh when I see people on Reddit talk shit about homegrown weed. They have obviously never tried it...or, if they have, it was grown by someone who doesn't know what they are doing.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
This woman who I give some of mine to, from time to time, was telling me the other day that the grass she gets from me is the only grass she's unwilling to share with her friends. She said she has no problem sharing the dispensary weed she buys but the shit she gets from me hits so much harder and she keeps it all for herself :ROFLMAO:

I always laugh when I see people on Reddit talk shit about homegrown weed. They have obviously never tried it...or, if they have, it was grown by someone who doesn't know what they are doing.
I’ll tell ya, I haven’t grown anything that was shit, even on my first grow.

And the genetics we’re accessing are outstanding!