Grow with Joe

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
So, I realized it has been a minute since I've posted a pic of the Black Widow tent. You guys are gonna love this...

I'm surprised this cultivar doesn't have Vietnamese sativa in it...just because it tends to grow into a jungle. :ROFLMAO:

IMG_20200307_202810.jpg

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
Had a rain day at work, so I did a bit in the garden...not much, just cleaning my cloner out and potting some rooted clones into coco.

I've decided that Black Widow #5 and #8 are my keeper candidates. #5 has a nice hybrid appearance, #8 is crazy sativa dominant with insane flowering stretch, she'll be a beast to tame.

IMG_20200318_160725.jpg

In the flowering tent...well, not much going on. The orgy has been ongoing with the Black Widows and I've got visible confirmation of seed production. Now it's just a waiting game.

#5 seeded up.

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200317194512305_COVER.jpg

That's all for now. I'll be taking some cuts of the Cowboy Lemonade today, getting them ready to hit the flowering tent when the seed run is over and cleaned up.

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
I had a rooted clone kicking around and no plans for it, so I threw it outside in a Kratky bucket. For those unfamiliar, Kratky is essentially dwc with no aeration.

I'm seeing a couple roots popped out of the rockwool cube and into the water.

IMG_20200321_180516.jpgIMG_20200321_180505.jpg

Last edited:

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
Those cowboy lemonade plants seem to be growing fast as hell man. That black widow looks like it is going to be a hell of a harvest job. My sympathies for your hands in advance 😂
Yeah, the CL were blowing up, I have cuts in the cloner right now to reset them.

Good to see you, I've been a bit scarce lately, but haven't seen you around for a bit. 👍 Got those pepper seeds ready to go for you anytime, just say the word.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
Yeah, the CL were blowing up, I have cuts in the cloner right now to reset them.

Good to see you, I've been a bit scarce lately, but haven't seen you around for a bit. 👍 Got those pepper seeds ready to go for you anytime, just say the word.
I'm ready for them man. Sorry i have definitely been scarce but I'm back on now. Had too swing by and see how the plants were in their new setup you made.

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
Is this journal even still active? :ROFLMAO:

Been busy with work during the week.

But I have an update...my Cowboy Lemonade seed plants. Well, I had planned on chucking them as soon as the clones rooted, but they looked so good I didn't have the heart. So I tossed them into bigger pots and put them outdoors. They should be able to run a full flower cycle before daylight hours get too long.

IMG_20200402_173620_01.jpg

IMG_20200402_173607_01.jpg

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
Bit of housekeeping today. I transplanted some rooted clones of my Rainbow Driver to be my new moms, took a round of cuttings off the old moms and trashed them.

I also potted up a rooted cutting of IHG Banana Cake that I received in a trade. Below is a picture of the original clone that I topped, the newly potted clone was what I cut off...waste not, want not. I think the structure of this plant is beautiful, and I need to get her in a bigger pot...this weekend for sure.

IMG_20200409_185207.jpg

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
And here we are, the final update on the BWPP (Black Widow Preservation Project).

The updates didn't come as frequently, or even at all, as I'd intended when I set out to do this project. Nevertheless, I've seen it through and harvested what I can only describe as somewhere between a shit-load and a fuck-ton of seeds, forgive me for mixing metric and imperial measures.

So without further ado, here are some pictures from the sorting/sifting process.

IMG_20200426_135229.jpg

IMG_20200426_141059.jpg

IMG_20200426_141740.jpg

IMG_20200426_144241.jpg

IMG_20200426_150217.jpg

So if you've followed along and gotten this far...

Anyone who would like some of my open pollinated f2 Black Widow seeds just needs to send me a pm and let me know. Give me your address if you're comfortable doing in via pm, if not let me know and I'll give you my email.

One itty bitty caveat: the offer is only open to current members of Chuckers Paradise who have posted at least once...so join date of 4/25/20 at the latest and at least a post or two.

Last edited:

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
And we're back in action. Got the 2x4 reset and tossed some clones on n for some 10/14 action.

In this picture we have, in no particular order, Rainbow Driver #1&#2, Inkognyto Banana Peel, InHouse Genetics Banana Cake. The BP and BC came to me from a generous person who shall not be named...he knows who he is and can take credit if he likes. Many thanks for the clones.

0502202217.jpg

And the reason for separate pics...the Cowboy Lemonade clones are not happy with me at all. They look to be coming out of it, but they had a rough time.

0502202217a.jpg

Flood and Drain. Nutes are Dyna Gro Protekt and Foliage Pro with sulfuric acid to balance pH.

So that's what I've got for y'all today.

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
My cowboy lemonade is the strangest plant, it is only about 20 inches tall and simply won't stretch. The limbs are so stout that I hang a 1 oz weight to pull it down and it will grow back up straight by morning. It is now as wide as it is tall, this is not a complaint and while I like a bit more stretch it is putting a show on. The buds look to be full length by time it is don'e as it is so tightly wound. Now the moonjuice it is a stunner, wide tall and open.

I bet you will like that banana peel, it will about double in size but stay open and sag just enough to get the buds on the bottom ripe. Nice looking plants