Grow Tent and Light Shopping

I like to go simple. simple 4 x 4 tent. simple hood and bulb. simple fan and filter. simple ballast. simple duct.

Here is a complete veg tent with plants. I have also added side lighting..........but not how you would think. I run 48 watts on the side for 4 hours a day. Two hours before main light ignition and two hours after main light goes off. I run a 600 watt Hortilux blue in between those hours with 5 minutes of overlap when main light goes on and off.

If you remember I used to run a 12 on, 5 1/2 off, 1 on and 5 1/2 off cycle. This way the two tents in the same room didn't have to run 600 watts at the same time. Now I give my plants 16 hours a day of light with mornings and afternoons and the main lights never overlap. My root mass has tripled in size since the change. Both veg tents are now working at maximum efficiency.

Here is the tent. Get any tent you want to save a few bux. I like the Gorilla Lite but they are one of the most expensive.
tent 001.JPG

Here is the hood and side lighting. 6 inch duct pulls air out of room and cools bulb at the same time.
tent 002.JPG

Two small 6 inch fans face downwards and circulate air around my tent.
tent 003.JPG

Very quiet.........................and I mean quiet as fuck Panasonic Whisperquiet 340 CFM fan sitting on top of a 400 CFM Phresh filter with a Nanolux 600 watt electronic ballast.
tent 004.JPG

Let's price this stuff out.

4 x 4 tent $120
Hood on ebay $50
600 watt bulb $75
I like the 6 inch duct from AC Infinity. $25
Circulation fans 6" 2 for $35
My fan is $200 bux but if noise not an issue other fans for $120
Phresh filter 400 cfm $120
Any good 600 watt ballast $100

For a total of $645. Spend a little more and get a little better. If you want to know more about the side lighting let me know.

Good luck bro :alien:

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
I like to go simple. simple 4 x 4 tent. simple hood and bulb. simple fan and filter. simple ballast. simple duct.

Here is a complete veg tent with plants. I have also added side lighting..........but not how you would think. I run 48 watts on the side for 4 hours a day. Two hours before main light ignition and two hours after main light goes off. I run a 600 watt Hortilux blue in between those hours with 5 minutes of overlap when main light goes on and off.

If you remember I used to run a 12 on, 5 1/2 off, 1 on and 5 1/2 off cycle. This way the two tents in the same room didn't have to run 600 watts at the same time. Now I give my plants 16 hours a day of light with mornings and afternoons and the main lights never overlap. My root mass has tripled in size since the change. Both veg tents are now working at maximum efficiency.

Here is the tent. Get any tent you want to save a few bux. I like the Gorilla Lite but they are one of the most expensive.
View attachment 49671

Here is the hood and side lighting. 6 inch duct pulls air out of room and cools bulb at the same time.
View attachment 49672

Two small 6 inch fans face downwards and circulate air around my tent.
View attachment 49673

Very quiet.........................and I mean quiet as fuck Panasonic Whisperquiet 340 CFM fan sitting on top of a 400 CFM Phresh filter with a Nanolux 600 watt electronic ballast.
View attachment 49674

Let's price this stuff out.

4 x 4 tent $120
Hood on ebay $50
600 watt bulb $75
I like the 6 inch duct from AC Infinity. $25
Circulation fans 6" 2 for $35
My fan is $200 bux but if noise not an issue other fans for $120
Phresh filter 400 cfm $120
Any good 600 watt ballast $100

For a total of $645. Spend a little more and get a little better. If you want to know more about the side lighting let me know.

Good luck bro :alien:
ty very detailed. well written. And what beautiful clean floors