Grow Tent and Light Shopping

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
@High kev I have a friend who just ordered a couple qb260 from alibaba. I'll let u know if he gets them and how long it took and if he got coronavirus or not lol. If all goes well for him I may end up gettin some myself.
I might be leaning towards this. But I don’t know shit about lights. Are these the good diodes? Is the driver good? Not even sure what the diodes and driver are lol. But this seems like it has an awesome par rating and good reviews. Price seems awesome 😎 but would hate to waste money on crap. I need quantity of quality 😉84CDCC06-D20E-43E5-A2C8-D5F653A7B345.png

smokieokie

Insanely Active Member
I might be leaning towards this. But I don’t know shit about lights. Are these the good diodes? Is the driver good? Not even sure what the diodes and driver are lol. But this seems like it has an awesome par rating and good reviews. Price seems awesome 😎 but would hate to waste money on crap. I need quantity of quality 😉View attachment 49356
I have no personal experience with that light, but what I can telll you is this. It will grow weed, it may get a little warmer compared to a true splin open heatsink. Mars also has a reputation of bad customer service, again no personal experience, just what I have read. There is a few post here about it, may ask @TheSadVeryBadMadGrower I think he ran one similar. His plants looked good under it.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
I have no personal experience with that light, but what I can telll you is this. It will grow weed, it may get a little warmer compared to a true splin open heatsink. Mars also has a reputation of bad customer service, again no personal experience, just what I have read. There is a few post here about it, may ask @TheSadVeryBadMadGrower I think he ran one similar. His plants looked good under it.
Awesome thanks for the info I will check out his grow

I would never promote or tell someone to buy Mars. They grow weed, but are not a good investment. I would go so many other routes before them, even if cost and DIY were an issue. They get shit on by literally everyone in the industry.

smokieokie

Insanely Active Member
If I bought this mars how long u think it will last?
It's hard to say since they haven't been out long so longevity is yet to be seen. I would say it should last you a good couple years. As where an hlg from a trusted manufacturer should last 5+ years. I saw years and years ago everyone bashed blurple and I still see them growing good smoke. So I'm sure you'll be happy with it as long as it lasts. And I would assume the first thing to go out would be a diode, so you replace a board for 50 bucks sometime down the road. Hope that helps. And definitely not promoting mars in any way. I own a couple hlg fixtures myself.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
I would never promote or tell someone to buy Mars. They grow weed, but are not a good investment. I would go so many other routes before them, even if cost and DIY were an issue. They get shit on by literally everyone in the industry.
So I guess I should bite the bullet and pay the few extra bucks for a better product. Thank you for responding and helping me get my grow room where it needs to be🙏🙏

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
It's hard to say since they haven't been out long so longevity is yet to be seen. I would say it should last you a good couple years. As where an hlg from a trusted manufacturer should last 5+ years. I saw years and years ago everyone bashed blurple and I still see them growing good smoke. So I'm sure you'll be happy with it as long as it lasts. And I would assume the first thing to go out would be a diode, so you replace a board for 50 bucks sometime down the road. Hope that helps. And definitely not promoting mars in any way. I own a couple hlg fixtures myself.
Seems like hlg is where it’s at. Thanks for the response. I guess I can figure out a way to spend a little more for the more durable proven product. 🙏🙏. The expensive blurples I bought that are side by side with the deal hlg that I got seem to be producing bigger buds but I had the hlg hung higher so maybe that’s why. These are my lights I’m working with now. My other spot I’m looking to get the new lights for4A6386E0-6432-40CE-849A-5573D26C51EC.png2436E1DD-F14F-437F-97CF-3E86D8004E13.png

Last edited:
Yea I run a bunch of different Mars Hydro lights. Ill be running the SP-250 on Wednesday. I have the TS-1000 and a couple TSL-2000's. I run them every day and have yet to have any problems with any of their lights. I cant speak for Mars's past but I know they are very helpful now. They are also releasing new lights this year as well. I also have the TS-3000 coming in a couple days too. Waiting on a tracking number for the TS-3000 and TSW-2000.