Grow Journal (novice) first grow

PokerJay1983

Really Active Member
I can see phat stems hiding back there. What ever you are doing - keep doin' it.

I had trouble taking sharps to plants. It felt wrong. It felt like waste,,,I hate waste.
After seeing the results of pruning, I feel differently.
Now I see it simply as unwanted material, that I need to remove in order to grow the buds I want.
Lately, I have been jamming the needlenose snips right into the crotches. I do not want my plant wasting time growing something that I am only going to cut off eventually.
That is waste 😁

I suggest going through the motions of cloning your tops. However likely they are to take ,,,you will be gaining first-hand knowledge of their needs.
That is how I started. If nothing else you will begin to recognize what they look like, as they die. Not being an ass here. It IS knowledge to have.
Your plants are just too pretty. Try a clone or two,,, that will put tears on your cherry!
One day - Zap!
You have a free plant.
Is it getting close to flip time? I have seen 6-8 white hairs on my 2nd plant on the right. Looks to be another female. The two plants stand about about 26 inches above soil and are about 6.5 weeks.
if I flip what happens to my straggler who is only in week 3??

57A47313-05DF-4D70-9511-258FB4AAA6D7.jpeg620CE4BD-FF16-4BA4-83BB-4C267AD91628.jpeg954273B6-6E63-4095-A0F3-1B774B207BC2.jpeg

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Confirmed female?

Break out the cigars

what happens to my straggler who is only in week 3??
It will continue growing and begin to flower.

With a single light source; the bottom buds will become insignificant, as they get less light down in the shadows.
Your premiere buds will be on the top canopy.

Keep her on the step stool for now, she will catch up.

By the way ,,, picture perfect garden.
You are kill'n it P'Jay

PokerJay1983

Really Active Member

Break out the cigars

It will continue growing and begin to flower.

With a single light source; the bottom buds will become insignificant, as they get less light down in the shadows.
Your premiere buds will be on the top canopy.

Keep her on the step stool for now, she will catch up.

By the way ,,, picture perfect garden.
You are kill'n it P'Jay
thanks, any ideas on when to flip? On week 6.5 now.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
What is the advantage to a tent?
When you are flowering, complete (or close to) darkness is good.

Having a small "micro-environment" it s easier to control fluctuations in temp/humidity and manage to overall environment.

If you are in the middle of nowhere, and that room is dark when the lights are out - and no light comes in any windows, etc. that should be OK. I have mine in closets and just use a tent for baby plants until they're big enough for the real world.

As far as the light goes, even partitions around the plant that are either white or reflective will give you a boost in how much of your light the plants get to enjoy. I have used windshield-sunshades (the shiny ones), or the cheap "space blankets" to line walls.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
In the winter if the exterior room is colder, the light can warm the tent all you need. depending on ventilation etc. In the summer this might be more of a problem, or just require more ventilation to remove light-heat.

And I'm fairly new at this. No hurt feelings if smarter people chime in :)

Jay, Ilooking good! I would also recommend the tent. They offer so much in terms of control. You can get total lights out during flower, have the tent outfitted with a vent fan (exhausting) with a carbon air filter inside - it will keep a slight negative pressure and pull out any heat from the lights as well as using the carbon air filter will remove any smell that you don't wont floating through the air. When you harvest, you can take soft wire ties (I use vigoro soft wire ties to do my training/LST) in conjunction with clothes pins (run wire through the pins, attach wires to the top sides of your tent so they go across, pinch and grab a bud) to hang your bud inside the tent for drying - that way you can control the drying environment as well.

If you are considering getting a new light, send me a PM, have some info on what you could do with quantum boards - really easy, not super cheap but not super expensive, real wattage output, white light (no more blurple) - all from HLG (horticulture lighting group).

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Another thing about the tent idea . Those plants will most likely stink up the entire house. Not sure if that is a concern or not. Also like mentioned before easier to control a small environment than a big room @PokerJay1983 can you take a shot with the lights off. I see something going on on your leaves but hard to tell with the light on.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I've heard of the brand, not the light so I don't know what to tell you.

As far as equipment goes, I'll just say this - I have 2 blurple lights (300w, and a 600/1200w veg/bloom) that are collecting dust since I found good lights.

A light that size from other vendors is usually pushing 100-160w per board, but if that is roughly a 2-foot square light, those are smaller boards. So I don't see 3000w there - which is probably a good thing since 3000w would probably fry your plants. Don't know about whatever those SMD LED's are so maybe that's the difference.

A great thing I have found about these forums is that there are lots of people that have been down the same path, and are willing to help others before they dive into a major purchase. Don't hesitate to run things by the group for input. Still buy whatever the hell you want, but you won't be going by the description of the people trying to make a profit off their equipment.

PokerJay1983

Really Active Member
Another thing about the tent idea . Those plants will most likely stink up the entire house. Not sure if that is a concern or not. Also like mentioned before easier to control a small environment than a big room @PokerJay1983 can you take a shot with the lights off. I see something going on on your leaves but hard to tell with the light on.
I’ll be honest, I don’t like the tents. If it’s an issue of lack of light penetrating than I’d rather find another way to add small lights on the side from various angles ect. Being my first grow I didn’t start training early on like I should have, but my plans for next cycle is to have one big light like the one I just purchased on 4 plants, and have one giant scrog. It may say 3000w, but I think it’s only pushing 680 watts.

The room has a seal all around the door, remains locked; and is locked and is in an obscure spot in the house. Nobody ever goes up there. But what else would you recommend w/ smell?

I like the way accessibility of not having them in tents. Even thinking about designing a swivel sort of like a reclining chair for the plants to rotate on the base + maybe try to attach it to scrog for next grow. Right now humidity is good and I have a dark tarp over the window (no light is getting in).

PokerJay1983

Really Active Member
I do know that Mars Hydro made my 300w blurple...

But that was a few years ago, and … technology and stuff? Who knows. Grow plants and let us know.

I've heard of the brand, not the light so I don't know what to tell you.

As far as equipment goes, I'll just say this - I have 2 blurple lights (300w, and a 600/1200w veg/bloom) that are collecting dust since I found good lights.

A light that size from other vendors is usually pushing 100-160w per board, but if that is roughly a 2-foot square light, those are smaller boards. So I don't see 3000w there - which is probably a good thing since 3000w would probably fry your plants. Don't know about whatever those SMD LED's are so maybe that's the difference.

A great thing I have found about these forums is that there are lots of people that have been down the same path, and are willing to help others before they dive into a major purchase. Don't hesitate to run things by the group for input. Still buy whatever the hell you want, but you won't be going by the description of the people trying to make a profit off their equipment.
I think this “3000w” is actually mushing 680w max from what I can gather. Hoping that it can accommodate 4 plants.