Grow Journal (novice) first grow

curious2garden

Really Active Member
thank you so much. I needed to hear that. I appreciate it. There’s so much I want to say but you know exactly how I’m feeling right now. Anticipation. the final transplant will most likely go down within the next 48 hours. Just waiting on my bag of happy frog which amazon says will arrive today. I really hope to get atleast one female, but part of the reason I didn’t have backup germination was my friend is in a similar cycle as me (about to flip) and said he would just give me one of his females. Three different strains between us. Hoping to get a female in all 3... but lesson learned.
Hi! You may want to consider making a few seeds if you get a male.

PokerJay1983

Really Active Member
Slow down Tiger ! I dig the enthusiasm.
View attachment 28386
Maybe let him sprout a few pubes before we get him drunk and turn him loose on every whore in town ?
Big man came out today for a sesh. Confirmed the pot in closeups was most likely a male, but it was too early to tell on others. I’m going to move the two unknowns into 10 gallon canvases tomorrow. Also have a 25 gallon canvas bag in event only one female. I haven’t been training because waiting to transplant, but will start tomorrow. If I get zero females he says he will give me one of his. Also have one backup plant standing at about 6 inches high. This is the latest pic.

D0C9B74E-FEBD-4B46-8130-D54A23EE353D.jpeg

Jewels

Bon~Fire
I can see phat stems hiding back there. What ever you are doing - keep doin' it.

I had trouble taking sharps to plants. It felt wrong. It felt like waste,,,I hate waste.
After seeing the results of pruning, I feel differently.
Now I see it simply as unwanted material, that I need to remove in order to grow the buds I want.
Lately, I have been jamming the needlenose snips right into the crotches. I do not want my plant wasting time growing something that I am only going to cut off eventually.
That is waste 😁

I suggest going through the motions of cloning your tops. However likely they are to take ,,,you will be gaining first-hand knowledge of their needs.
That is how I started. If nothing else you will begin to recognize what they look like, as they die. Not being an ass here. It IS knowledge to have.
Your plants are just too pretty. Try a clone or two,,, that will put tears on your cherry!
One day - Zap!
You have a free plant.

Jewels

Bon~Fire
What is the ideal height?
I would say you have found it.
If the fixture was too far away you would not have the compact, tight, bushy internode spacing, that your plants are displaying.

,,,If they stretch out like awkward teenagers =
Too far
,,,If they leather up, shy away, or wilt down =
Too close

Those went into foxfarm product ?
I have never used it, although I hear that some mixes arrive 'hot' Meaning non-inert.

Did the purple pot get the same soil, @ the same time ? If so , that little guy could be your indicator gauge ( like the canary in the mineshaft).
At the moment the smallest plant looks like it would appreciate a healthy breakfast.
Use the smaller plant as your Goldilocks tester.

On a smaller plant like that -if the soil is too hot, you will see burn from the leaf edge, inward.
"This one is to hot"

If the small plant stays pale, or displays new growth (even) lighter in colour -
"This one is too cold !"

If it greens up, and kicks ass.
"This one is just right"

She will be in your bed in no time !

Congrats on the baby girl, who is now an adolescent and hitting puberty fast! Loooking good Jay! Your space is huge! Something to think about it putting a couple tents up there, maybe do 1 for now and then you could add another and have a dedicated veg area and dedicated bloom area, both in tents would allow better control over the environment (lights out, temp control etc.).

I have the same light you do but in 450w. Used that in a 3x3 with some supplemental LEDs as well in same spectrum. The lights work great, but be cautious and watch those leaves. I kept mine at least 18" away until stretching pushed them about 12" away. They didn't get bleached or burned really, but something that looks like radiation damage occured to my top foliage, didn't hurt the buds. Those lights do get hot, as long as the height you have doesnt burn your hand or make it feel warm, the distance to the ladies should be OK.

I think you are waiting to get your transplants done before you do any LST. I think this is OK and that is how I did my last LST, final pot then trained. I may do one this round and try some LST before it gets in the final pot. Sounds strange, but for the most part once the plant starts taking shape, it should hold that shape even if you remove your soft wire ties used for training. Keep up the great work Jay!

PokerJay1983

Really Active Member
Congrats on the baby girl, who is now an adolescent and hitting puberty fast! Loooking good Jay! Your space is huge! Something to think about it putting a couple tents up there, maybe do 1 for now and then you could add another and have a dedicated veg area and dedicated bloom area, both in tents would allow better control over the environment (lights out, temp control etc.).

I have the same light you do but in 450w. Used that in a 3x3 with some supplemental LEDs as well in same spectrum. The lights work great, but be cautious and watch those leaves. I kept mine at least 18" away until stretching pushed them about 12" away. They didn't get bleached or burned really, but something that looks like radiation damage occured to my top foliage, didn't hurt the buds. Those lights do get hot, as long as the height you have doesnt burn your hand or make it feel warm, the distance to the ladies should be OK.

I think you are waiting to get your transplants done before you do any LST. I think this is OK and that is how I did my last LST, final pot then trained. I may do one this round and try some LST before it gets in the final pot. Sounds strange, but for the most part once the plant starts taking shape, it should hold that shape even if you remove your soft wire ties used for training. Keep up the great work Jay!
Ty. Been doing some light LST, and trimmed below the ceiling to about 6 inches up. Thinking about doing one more toping but I’m not sure as I’d have to wait another 10 days or so before flip? Is that correct.

Not sure on the topping and then waiting for flip, but 10-14 days would be my guess as well. I haven't experimented with topping, I just stick to LST. Any event I do with my plants that could have an impact I wait before flip. On my last transplant, I wait 2 weeks before flip to acclimate the plants in their new soil.