Greenpoint Seeds

Hogbackmagic

Super Active Member
got an email from GU and I guess them beans was from a old order and sending out replacement

fucking post office I did notice it had a label from 7/25 on it I need a job for post office fuckin slackers
thanks GU for getting back to me so soon

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Do any of you Canadians know how a fellow Canadian would obtain a money order for US dollars? I'm asking for a friend. Or is cash the better route for sending in payment to a US retailer?

Thanks guys
I just saw a sign at the post office today that said USPS no longer cashes/makes Canadian to US MO's any more as of August 1st. Possible its just my location? I'd imagine it would be the same for them up north if its not though.
As mentioned cash is king.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
I just saw a sign at the post office today that said USPS no longer cashes/makes Canadian to US MO's any more as of August 1st. Possible its just my location? I'd imagine it would be the same for them up north if its not though.
As mentioned cash is king.
looks like it was a mutual thing on money orders, for whatever reason, to me, I could be wrong.
As of August 30, 2019, The Postal Service® no longer sells international postal money orders destined for Canada and no longer cashes international postal money orders issued by Canada Post. Also, as of August 30, 2019, Canada Post no longer sells international postal money orders destined for the U.S. and no longer cashes international postal money orders issued by The Postal Service.
Next Steps

• If you have a USPS® issued international postal money order destined for Canada, you can redeem it at a U.S. Post Office™ facility at face value.
  • If you received and have not yet cashed a Canada Post issued money order, it is advised that you return the money order to the sender.

......https://www.ecommercebytes.com/2019/08/29/warning-cash-any-canada-post-money-orders-asap/

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
looks like it was a mutual thing on money orders, for whatever reason, to me, I could be wrong.
As of August 30, 2019, The Postal Service® no longer sells international postal money orders destined for Canada and no longer cashes international postal money orders issued by Canada Post. Also, as of August 30, 2019, Canada Post no longer sells international postal money orders destined for the U.S. and no longer cashes international postal money orders issued by The Postal Service.
Next Steps

• If you have a USPS® issued international postal money order destined for Canada, you can redeem it at a U.S. Post Office™ facility at face value.
  • If you received and have not yet cashed a Canada Post issued money order, it is advised that you return the money order to the sender.

......https://www.ecommercebytes.com/2019/08/29/warning-cash-any-canada-post-money-orders-asap/

I had the date wrong lol, but Im suprised my stoned ass even remembered what I read haha. Good find.

Cobzilla

Super Active Member
My package said it was shipped out Sept 6..Periwinkle and wedding night.. Never had to wait this long from the shipping date for something to arrive... I am beginning to wonder wtf is going on myself..

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
I
I thought You were a Limey, a Canucker huh, who knew
Naw, I'm a natural born hillbilly from the united states. Grew up as a young kid in Arkansas and then most of my life in Illinois. Now I'm out in Oregon. Just a buddy was asking about money orders, he is in canada wanting to send payment here. I wasn't sure how it worked up north so I figured I'd ask here cuz I know a lot of our Canadian friends come here often.

Cheers Heathen

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Do any of you Canadians know how a fellow Canadian would obtain a money order for US dollars? I'm asking for a friend. Or is cash the better route for sending in payment to a US retailer?

Thanks guys
Cash. US money orders are a pain in the ass to cash unless maybe Western Union is easier.
But any money market or bank sells USD. You just might have to round things to the 20 or 100. The place by me rarely has anything smaller than a 20 so i just round it and try to be selective to make it finish right under 100 or 120 lol.

I have used a bubble mailer and regular mail. I like to send the cash in a card (use an old birthday card and fold it in half and you can fit that in a regular envelope and its light proof). Or in a piece of paper folded around the cash with an order number on the paper.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
The Bounty Hunter that got a case of balls...was plucked and moved outside. No balls have reappeared so far.
This tent, the former veg tent now 12/12, has 2 sky wardens (mom&baby), 1 dubstep, 1 Bounty Hunter, 1 Jack shit
The big plant is the mom Sky warden @ 24 days, clockwise, dubstep clone @ 28 days, Bounty Hunter, Sky warden clone and Jack Shit just went in.Sky24.jpg

Sky Warden makes yellow hairs, the top is super cropped as it was exceeding everything else by a long shot.

sky24b.jpg

Sky Warden started out rough and spindly. Was repotted much deeper.

SKYWARDEN.jpg

The Bounty HunterBountyHunter day3.jpg

I'm in the same boat, have unfortunately had some issues lately. My order of 9 was missing 3 packs and I'm also waiting on 3 other single packs that were all marked shipped a long time ago. Also waiting for word on a replacement for my Periwinkle Pie preorder I bought awhile ago that they ran out of. I just emailed again and I'm hanging tight but the lack of response so far is a bit frustrating. Oh well, I've been pretty happy with the customer service from Gu so far so I'm gonna stay patient while they sort it out.
Meant to follow up earlier on my missing orders but for anyone that may be interested; I spoke with Gu this afternoon and got it all figured out. I was stressing since I had multiple orders floating around with issues, but we worked through it all in like 5 minutes and I've been assured that I'll get everything I'm missing soon. Will definitely update when it comes in. Gu is a very reasonable dude and if you just talk through what the problem is he'll make sure you're taken care of.

The awesome customer service of course pushed me to make yet another order during the flash sale tonight also (and I probably need professional help for this addiction lol)

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
The Bounty Hunter that got a case of balls...was plucked and moved outside. No balls have reappeared so far.
This tent, the former veg tent now 12/12, has 2 sky wardens (mom&baby), 1 dubstep, 1 Bounty Hunter, 1 Jack shit
The big plant is the mom Sky warden @ 24 days, clockwise, dubstep clone @ 28 days, Bounty Hunter, Sky warden clone and Jack Shit just went in.View attachment 22582

Sky Warden makes yellow hairs, the top is super cropped as it was exceeding everything else by a long shot.

View attachment 22583

Sky Warden started out rough and spindly. Was repotted much deeper.

View attachment 22585

The Bounty HunterView attachment 22584
When you repotted that SW, how close to the top of the soil were the cotyledons after the re-pot?

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
One finger thickness...approx 3/4"
And it did alright? I have a few Heisenbeans on the go which are are almost ready to be up-potted. I started them under only 25O watts of MH, and they got all tall and stretchy on me. I’d like to keep them as short as possible, but I’m unsure of the consequences of planting them deeper than where they naturally grew.

And it did alright? I have a few Heisenbeans on the go which are are almost ready to be up-potted. I started them under only 25O watts of MH, and they got all tall and stretchy on me. I’d like to keep them as short as possible, but I’m unsure of the consequences of planting them deeper than where they naturally grew.
Don’t worry about them. As long you don’t snap the tap or stem they won’t skip a beat. Bury those stretching legs...

Mr Blamo

Old Timer
I am smoking on close to 15 GPS strains at the moment. Copper Chem is not one of them sadly. It got stolen.
Man that really sucks I really hate thieves myself to. Ive lost lots of plants over the years gorilla growing. Since I stopped doing that because of age mostly I don't lose nothing now...well I do have a single plant outside but on my block there is another med user and he has a few 13 footers in his backyard. His property though is like fort Knox lol