Eso's seeds and pollen chucks

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
c99 X grape sato....well now that might be 100% allright !

Lets go to the sativa side of things a bit....I do love the brain churning powers of sativa.

It takes my genius and puts it to the power of sativa!
Just looking at your "up next" tag and fuck that's gonna be a sick ass harvest! Them sato crosses are gonna have to pull their weight to keep up with the purple cake and skeleton cookies! The terps man! The terps!

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
I had some three to four old sato pollen left in the fridge I used last night to try and hit some lower buds on the c99s and then bracts on the sato that is in flower too. I doubt the pollen will still be viable but fuck it might as well try. I'd run some them mofos for sure.

Another reason I wanted to try the pollen was to see just how long I can fridge store some and still be viable. If some of it is viable I'll call it 3 months. If none is good I'll try again later with different pollen at a 2 month interval. If 3 month works that'd be super cool, but again I'm betting I won't get seeds.

Boybelue

Super Active Member
I had some three to four old sato pollen left in the fridge I used last night to try and hit some lower buds on the c99s and then bracts on the sato that is in flower too. I doubt the pollen will still be viable but fuck it might as well try. I'd run some them mofos for sure.

Another reason I wanted to try the pollen was to see just how long I can fridge store some and still be viable. If some of it is viable I'll call it 3 months. If none is good I'll try again later with different pollen at a 2 month interval. If 3 month works that'd be super cool, but again I'm betting I won't get seeds.
Just the fridge or freezer?

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Just the fridge or freezer?
Just the fridge, in a mason jar mixed with rice. When I pulled it out of the fridge I wrapped it in a blanket so itd warm up slowly. So folks say pollen will survive months under hid light etc.. and cross pollinate but I don't buy that, lol. Im pretty sure without freezing pollen it will only last weeks at the most but that is according to things Ive read. I havent tried stored pollen but 1 other time and that was the freezer, the goji pollen didnt work but the tangerine power did stored the same way at the same time. Couple weeks in freezer was my max.

Boybelue

Super Active Member
I had some pollen that was two yrs old in the freezer, stored in the little containers diabetic test strips come in with the desiccant in the lid with added water absorbing crystals. I never took it out of the freezer till I used it, and i was able to get a handful of seed but it was a lot of pollen. Was enough pollen for thousands so i dont think it would keep much longer. I make CS at 27v and it works fine. Is it a fact that the higher voltage makes larger particles? It does make it much faster but I haven't noticed a difference between 9v and 27v other than production time.

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
I had some pollen that was two yrs old in the freezer, stored in the little containers diabetic test strips come in with the desiccant in the lid with added water absorbing crystals. I never took it out of the freezer till I used it, and i was able to get a handful of seed but it was a lot of pollen. Was enough pollen for thousands so i dont think it would keep much longer. I make CS at 27v and it works fine. Is it a fact that the higher voltage makes larger particles? It does make it much faster but I haven't noticed a difference between 9v and 27v other than production time.
Not sure if it does make bigger particles other than taking the word of some write ups over on rollitup. The write up was from 2008 so I'm guessing it's outdated by now, lol. I'm actually using a multi setting dc universal chord so I can bump up the voltage to 12v so I just did. If it makes it quicker I'm cool with that and if it worked for you that's good enough for me. Thanks for the heads up, I did notice just bumping up to 9v was doubling the speed so I'll see what 12v can do.

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Went through all my beans from the last few rounds of pollen chucking with the grapes 13, goji and tangerine power males and I'll have some nice freeblies for the first 50 or so customers once I open shop.

There will be the following regulars given as a first come first served deal:

Oran jones, very limited, probably only 2-5 freebie packs

Goji og f2, from my 3 best females

tangerine power f2, from 2 females, 1 sativa with og style buds and 1orange creme indica pheno

grapes 13 f2, from 4 phenos, 1 stomper leaner, 1 berry pheno, 1 g13 leaner, 1 sativa leaner, all grapey

Miyagi, these are 6 yrs old now but still been popping for me so I suggest try popping more than you need, this cross will produce blueberry and nice orange phenos but they're from 3 different mom's so you gotta run a few to get a chance at eithe bb or orange but fruity terps all around.

Those regular freebies will be on top of the 1 free unreleased fem per pack ordered. Since I think I'm going to try and distribute my beans myself at first I will be able to offer them at a lower price point too.

Each pack will be 5 packs and I think I will do $30 free shipping (US and international but internationals will not get breeder's packs). Buy more than 1 pack and it is only $25 per pack free shipping. Once I get new dwellings and can expand the multipack price will come down a bit.

The price points may change but the freebies will stay the same. Just waiting to make sure these fems are worth the fuss first. Cheers and thinks for watching.

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Posted this question on the competition thread bit I wanna do it here as well. Should I/ we the testers continue to post on the competition thread or just bring it over here? I’m good with whatever @thenotsoesoteric prefers. Hope everyone had an excellent weekend 🍻✌🏻😎
We can update testers on the comp thread, or here, but prefer to do it on comp thread. Cheers

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Definitely can see the similarities in Mike J's (peakseeds) c99 and these female seed's c99. Very similar indeed, from serrations to fast flowering with whispy type hairy buds. #2 & #3 have sweet smells just starting, not getting much on #1 (taller less desirable of the 3). They are just starting to frost which at day 18 of 12/12 from seed that shouldn't be off but given how far the flowers are now it would be much frostier if it was gonna be a show'er in that regards.
20190819_190244.jpg20190819_190253.jpg20190819_190258.jpg

Here is the lvtk cut that is gonna get the spraying. I just topped her so she won't stretch too bad in 12/12.
20190819_185342.jpg

Then the grape bubba cut that won't reveg and then a clone off her that is seeming to go into veg like normal?
20190819_185355.jpg
20190819_185405.jpg

Attachments

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
What’s your lights like with this plant? On off hours type of light?

When I have a plant that doesn’t want to reveg I transplant it cut some roots when I do then stick it somewhere under a small flouro that stays on 24 hours and feed it a little veg nutes
Under a 4ft 4 bulb t5 and 19 hours on. The thing is the clone was cut in veg and never put in flower, it just started going into "reveg" from veg? She doesn't keep flowering but doesn't want to go into full veg. I was waiting for to kick out of it but I think I do need to just put it to 24/7 on.

Then it is also weird how the clone off the clone is looking more like a veg plant.

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
Under a 4ft 4 bulb t5 and 19 hours on. The thing is the clone was cut in veg and never put in flower, it just started going into "reveg" from veg? She doesn't keep flowering but doesn't want to go into full veg. I was waiting for to kick out of it but I think I do need to just put it to 24/7 on.

Then it is also weird how the clone off the clone is looking more like a veg plant.
Yea man I got nothing I’d just try repotting cutting the roots and 24 hours of light a day until I saw something and if I didn’t I’d try to clone it again and toss it that’s really weird never heard anything like that

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Yea man I got nothing I’d just try repotting cutting the roots and 24 hours of light a day until I saw something and if I didn’t I’d try to clone it again and toss it that’s really weird never heard anything like that
I've read about some indica strains doing this, but I think up potting and cutting the roots back would help. I'll give it a shot.