Eso's seeds and pollen chucks

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
I seen AJ had to jump in for JJ the other day per that piff, lmfao, all the young clowns were trying to tell JJ he had no clue, etc. and AJ lol politely let them know they had been up to their ears in piff back in the day and they knew the plant well, lol, and the punks still tried to mouth. No respect for the ole cats that paved the way back when people got more respect for working lines instead of quick mashups. I’m guilty too tho a lil, I got some of hybs and mendo20Twenty fem juice to use, haven’t done it yet

D

Deleted member 60

The pot community has always been fragmented....but it's only recently that it became uneducated. There were certainly hacks back in the day....but the standards were tighter and slip ups or a general lack of care about your own pissin' in the pool wasn't tolerated like it is today. Overall...the guys back then who were breeding were actually looking through plants and THEN making seed. As we all know that isn't the way it goes today with most guys. Oh that ego (dick swing) thing....

I have to say I'm not seeing so much 'average" these days as I am "samey". Most shit is muy frosty...which hits a home run for a hash makin/lovin' guy like me...but the whole gig is becoming seriously homogenized. Everything is 8-10 weeks. Tastes are good but it's rare to non-existent that you'll find anything truly off the charts because..again...everybody is swimmin in the same pool and nobody is huntin' outside the fence anymore. IF there is something special out there...well..once again personality enters the pic and things go south. A few folks still know how to play....but it is far more rare these days that folks give freely and greed doesn't rule the day. Thankfully none of us are dependent on that kinda shit like we were in the old days when you had to know someone to get "the kind". While some things have certainly slipped...many things have become so much easier for all of us.

Like buying seed that should be shared freely...LOL. Round and round we go....(cues circus music)

TigerTanks

Insanely Active Member
The pot community has always been fragmented....but it's only recently that it became uneducated. There were certainly hacks back in the day....but the standards were tighter and slip ups or a general lack of care about your own pissin' in the pool wasn't tolerated like it is today. Overall...the guys back then who were breeding were actually looking through plants and THEN making seed. As we all know that isn't the way it goes today with most guys. Oh that ego (dick swing) thing....

I have to say I'm not seeing so much 'average" these days as I am "samey". Most shit is muy frosty...which hits a home run for a hash makin/lovin' guy like me...but the whole gig is becoming seriously homogenized. Everything is 8-10 weeks. Tastes are good but it's rare to non-existent that you'll find anything truly off the charts because..again...everybody is swimmin in the same pool and nobody is huntin' outside the fence anymore. IF there is something special out there...well..once again personality enters the pic and things go south. A few folks still know how to play....but it is far more rare these days that folks give freely and greed doesn't rule the day. Thankfully none of us are dependent on that kinda shit like we were in the old days when you had to know someone to get "the kind". While some things have certainly slipped...many things have become so much easier for all of us.

Like buying seed that should be shared freely...LOL. Round and round we go....(cues circus music)
I second that.... everything is coming from the same pool. That’s why I’ve started doing landraces.

Running out of elites to breed with. I now see people breeding with Eskobars chocolate rain and charging 200 a pack.... I remember back in the day those seeds bringing really unique flavor but one knock was potency. He was super cool about his projects and the genetics he was working with and you could buy his seeds for $25.00 on Sannies and dig for gold or just enjoy what one pack had to offer with little invested. Just sick of IG and hype all together.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Like what my friend? At some point someone will venture into the unknown again and return with something special. Until then....we wait.
With all the breeders and crazy stuff available everywhere, from landrace IBL's to super-poly-hybrids we seem to forget that a large portion of those "something special" strains came from bagseeds.

But the difference now is that we know what is in the tent, what may have hermed or tossed a late nanner, so "bagseed" doesn't mean what it used to from a growing standpoint.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If you buy a pack of beans and grow them, you will likely get something that resembles one of the two things already grown and known and sold on the market. Also something that was likely test run and the best pheno's isolated or whatever. Not much mystery there.

D

Deleted member 60

Starting my grow passion in 1990....I fully understand the way it all works.

The "something special" hermie-borne poly-poly-poly-poly of today is far removed from what I was speaking to (true landrace)....if it even exists anymore.

We've all heard how modern day genetics have been introduced in places where the same seeds were grown for centuries...changing the face of things there (wherever that may be)..as it has here in the USA. (where "landrace" means "hemp"...LOL) When I first started buying seeds in the late 90's...there were tons of landraces or straight up/true F-1 hybrids available for sale. Talk about special plants. Lotsa differing structures...and highs. If you've ever seen a SSSC catalog you may know what I'm speaking to.....vs. today.... where the plants all look similar...leaves all look similar....structues all look fairly similar.

Back then things were closer to the source and the source could still be defined by country/etc. Basically....most offerings early on were a true landrace or F-1 of two true landrace varietals. (Indica x Sativa vs. Gelato x GG4....LOL) Every component within had been grown out for centuries (not sourced/sprayed/sold within moths with no real realtionship w/the plant)...LOL)....albeit by different folks/different regions. I doubt very much the folks with true, historical landrace varietals were sending out their seeds for "testing". They were growing the plant they knew would perform for the purpose they intended....as it always had.

So if ya wanna talk about "not much mystery there"...... LOFL.....you'd be correctomundo.

I do love the fare today though....don't get me wrong. It's easy-peasy....and for all of the lore and shit of old...I can say for sure that while the highs varied more/were more defined back then...you'd be really hard pressed to run the bottom 1/2 of a 6 x 4 plant and capture almost 3z's of killer hash like I just did with ESO'S "Twinkle Tarts". (a.k.a.....the last person to touch these...now...fully unknown/untraceable genetics)

It's all good though. It's the same plant....but it's all different at the same time. We izzz where we izzz....

Puff...pass.......um.....yeah......whatever.... heehee.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So if ya wanna talk about "not much mystery there"...... LOFL.....you'd be correctomundo.

I do love the fare today though....don't get me wrong. It's easy-peasy....and for all of the lore and shit of old...I can say for sure that while the highs varied more/were more defined back then...you'd be really hard pressed to run the bottom 1/2 of a 6 x 4 plant and capture almost 3z's of killer hash like I just did with ESO'S "Twinkle Tarts". (a.k.a.....the last person to touch these...now...fully unknown/untraceable genetics)

It's all good though. It's the same plant....but it's all different at the same time. We izzz where we izzz....

Puff...pass.......um.....yeah......whatever.... heehee.
My point was that with the all-around fire that is available and that most of us are growing, the "bagseed" you find is gonna have a lot better potential than the bagseed from Mexican brickweed where every plant was fully seeded.

I am also talking about growers like myself that have an assortment of cultivars going constantly. I am convinced that having a bean or three show up in a plant is not necessarilty due to light leaks, or grower error - or breeder error. It's a plant whose job is to reproduce.

I personally grow with less intensity than some and my plants tend to go longer. Higher lights, dimmed a little, not hitting them with any major nutes, etc. Lots of things that some plants could take as stressors to try and make their own beans late. So for me finding a few beans in a jar of weed is fine, and I'll hang on to them. If I find more than a few then they're trash.

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
I’m on other forums, too, but I kinda like how this place isn’t flooded with posts everyday. There are a lot of good people over at “the place that shall not be mentioned here” so that’s really the only other forum I post to. Just for shits and giggles I went to RIU yesterday and that place just gets worse and worse. It seems like every posts turns into some asshole stirring up drama.
the reason i fell out and came here.

D

Deleted member 60

I gave up on saving the few seeds I find in my outdoor pounds. I have enough seeds.....

Agreed...the bagseed of today is likely to offer up something better than the old Mexi bagseed......but yet again...those plants were all "just grown"....no care.....no seperating out the boys...no nothing but growing it...choppin it...and brickin' it...stems/boys and all. Those cats were goin for WEIGHT at any/all costs. Nobody was breeding with those seeds @ the time. That was a good thing...LOL. Far too hit/miss with the fare we all got. There was good pot down there...but it only made it stateside every-so-often.

"Just grown".....like many offerings today that are slammed out there without any look-see/care. Such is why....IMO..... you'd be a fool to bank on anything coming from a hermie these days. I know the "Jungle Boys" do it/did it...and "Berner" did it/does it...but those cats are THE reason the gene pool of today has a thick layer of scum on top of it. They found good tastin' plants with tons of frost....and ignored the impact that the hermie gene would bring to the mix. Now.....well.....while it isn't a constant...the threat of hermies from anything containing "Cookies" (or GG4...or...or...or...) is always there.....and the more folks use those genes....the more intertwined it all becomes IN THE NORM. The norm has changed.

Basically.....Folks bein' lazy (OK...greedy) and not workin' lines is the reason. "Bagseed" is OK for personal fun....but past that...yer a fuckin' hack if you use such unstability to make more seeds with. Sadly...a buncha folks never got that memo....and now we all get tagged with the Fabled "grower error" when shit goes south. LOL. Sure thing. YOUR grower error....LOL.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I believe Sticky’s point is that if breeders were doing their job correctly, you wouldn’t be finding nanners in “legitimate” seeds. Too many jumping on the bandwagon to make a buck off the latest trending strain.
But some aren't and the beans are out there. I got a few auction packs on here years ago that were lots of 5+ assorted breeders, and they were all donations from people, so either extras or stuff they were never moved to pop. Stuff from people on that 'other' site was the bulk of it.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
There are also some strains that will have a tendency, but are worth it. Chemdog for example. I think most crosses the selection process takes care of that issue but it's still in the genes. S1's are gonna have that tendency. A few other prominent strains as well.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Any good lines left that are solid and don’t herm if u sneeze on them?
Skunk #1 off the top of my head. Something in the genetics keeps it under control.
It's kinda like that "rare" blood type thing.
GHS thinned the landrace population on the whole planet @stiickygreen, plus inserted their genetics in their place.
What you tell these members is pretty much the way it was before everyone became seed professionals. lol
It's the greed of $$$ that is ruining this plant.
Better find and hold on to those "before cookies" generations of seed out there.