DK's FUNK FARM

Drkillawatt

Kill a "watt"
Alright I'm DK so after coming over here to Chuckers Paradise under the advice of one of my most senior roll models haha @Heisenbeans who has consistently put FIRE in my gardens. I am going to start posting random pics, thoughts, reviews and whatever else comes to mind here. You are all welcome to post reviews and add to topics if you like. I run a majority of GPS gear from Gu and Heisen and have had stellar results I've also added some Bodhi, Chucks gear(Gen's) and some crosses from a few fellow gromies. if yall wanna post any of your seed reviews and strains to try or stuff you like or whatever......think of this as a place to just chill. I'm by no means the best I might know a thing or 2 a out coaxing some fire out the ground but I'm always learning and trying new shit. I will be all ears when others talk, as you cant learn with your mouth running! So let the ideas and pics flow!

My setup has evolved from bails of promix soil outside to DWC drip to airpots to soil to a hybrid of coco, soil and octopot type deal. As of now I run airpots with a soil mix and a reservoir the roots that come out the bottom soak up as they wish. So its really like a few methods combined. I run 3 different types of Blurple LED's
This will be where I post 99% of my stuff if anyone has questions I can try an answer to the best of my ability. For what I cannot answer hopefully someone with a deeper knowledge of said topic will chime in.

I believe in Karma and helping spread the seed as it helps me daily with the normal stresses of life and this plant has been my goto vice for decades.

I really like the way "most" everyone on here has been extremely helpful and eager to share their grows, thoughts and progress and helps others to get desired results they are looking for.

Vee

Ancient Member
Alright I'm DK so after coming over here to Chuckers Paradise under the advice of one of my most senior roll models haha @Heisenbeans who has consistently put FIRE in my gardens. I am going to start posting random pics, thoughts, reviews and whatever else comes to mind here. You are all welcome to post reviews and add to topics if you like. I run a majority of GPS gear from Gu and Heisen and have had stellar results I've also added some Bodhi, Chucks gear(Gen's) and some crosses from a few fellow gromies. if yall wanna post any of your seed reviews and strains to try or stuff you like or whatever......think of this as a place to just chill. I'm by no means the best I might know a thing or 2 a out coaxing some fire out the ground but I'm always learning and trying new shit. I will be all ears when others talk, as you cant learn with your mouth running! So let the ideas and pics flow!

My setup has evolved from bails of promix soil outside to DWC drip to airpots to soil to a hybrid of coco, soil and octopot type deal. As of now I run airpots with a soil mix and a reservoir the roots that come out the bottom soak up as they wish. So its really like a few methods combined. I run 3 different types of Blurple LED's
This will be where I post 99% of my stuff if anyone has questions I can try an answer to the best of my ability. For what I cannot answer hopefully someone with a deeper knowledge of said topic will chime in.

I believe in Karma and helping spread the seed as it helps me daily with the normal stresses of life and this plant has been my goto vice for decades.

I really like the way "most" everyone on here has been extremely helpful and eager to share their grows, thoughts and progress and helps others to get desired results they are looking for.
Very interesting it is too:

I'm organics for years with 1 month veg in 3 usg pots ...on average
krat 4a.jpg
just now I'm wanting to germ in Kratky method for about a month
(taking advantage of the speed the DWC has for growing fast)
then complete the grow/ Flower in soils
..I cover her with kitchen foil to keep out light

This lil babe( Bliss from SubRosa ) about 4 days old and I'm fussing with her like a 2nd grow noob ...lol

Last edited:

Drkillawatt

Kill a "watt"
Very interesting it is too:

I'm organics for years with 1 month veg in 3 usg pots ...on average
View attachment 26573
just now I'm wanting to germ in Kratky method for about a month
(taking advantage of the speed the DWC has for growing fast)
then complete the grow/ Flower in soils
..I cover her with kitchen foil to keep out light

This lil babe( Bliss from SubRosa ) about 4 days old and I'm fussing with her like a 2nd grow noob ...lol
Nice man!

Yea I love DWC (especially the roots) but seriously like uncle H's video alot has to do with the water where I'm at.. I tend to be a nomad countrywide so I have found shitty water in alot of spots and had to run straight distilled which works but plants are really finicky on the ppm and finally having to travel for work and life I said eff it I'll try something different. It definitely feels slower in veg in soil/coco but its seems easier to put on cruise control and just give girls what they want an keep em happy I guess.

Edit: mine is kinda like kratky I dont add air or nothing, just extra regular water and check the ppm and EC basically of the runoff kinda deal and see what they doing down there ik like having access to the roots!! Really Really like it!! Tells me alot about how shes doing!!

Last edited:

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Nice man!

Yea I love DWC (especially the roots) but seriously like uncle H's video alot has to do with the water where I'm at.. I tend to be a nomad countrywide so I have found shitty water in alot of spots and had to run straight distilled which works but plants are really finicky on the ppm and finally having to travel for work and life I said eff it I'll try something different. It definitely feels slower in veg in soil/coco but its seems easier to put on cruise control and just give girls what they want an keep em happy I guess.

Edit: mine is kinda like kratky I dont add air or nothing, just extra regular water and check the ppm and EC basically of the runoff kinda deal and see what they doing down there ik like having access to the roots!! Really Really like it!! Tells me alot about how shes doing!!
I am interested in this method as well. I am,always looking for a new wagon with a band to jump on!
I have a bro in my co op that uses a similar bottome feed in soil methid. No roots though. This could be the middle road to satisfy his mediocre bud problem.
The dudes got potential, I gave him more than a few heisen cuts so no excuse now. Hes got what I got. Now lets see what your method can do.

WELCOME TO PARADISE!!
dude seriosuly though this place doewnt have the traffic of the other places but man ....i was bored on Sunday nighta and remided myself of the hijacking threads on endless rants about someones method not working.
Like you and heisen we dont have rovky mountain water here and unless I run it through an ro machine. It aint going in my rez! I am new to the hydro. My experience is in the coco/perlite/and a sprinkle of soil, to keep her a lil moist , so no salt build-up with gh nutes at almost full strength.
I'm still a newb and experimenting with alot of different methods, lights, nutrients, clones, autos.

Drkillawatt

Kill a "watt"
I am interested in this method as well. I am,always looking for a new wagon with a band to jump on!
I have a bro in my co op that uses a similar bottome feed in soil methid. No roots though. This could be the middle road to satisfy his mediocre bud problem.
The dudes got potential, I gave him more than a few heisen cuts so no excuse now. Hes got what I got. Now lets see what your method can do.

WELCOME TO PARADISE!!
dude seriosuly though this place doewnt have the traffic of the other places but man ....i was bored on Sunday nighta and remided myself of the hijacking threads on endless rants about someones method not working.
Like you and heisen we dont have rovky mountain water here and unless I run it through an ro machine. It aint going in my rez! I am new to the hydro. My experience is in the coco/perlite/and a sprinkle of soil, to keep her a lil moist , so no salt build-up with gh nutes at almost full strength.
I'm still a newb and experimenting with alot of different methods, lights, nutrients, clones, autos.
Hell yea man! I been trying a bunch of different nutes fox farm, Emerald Harvest and just got some organic test nutes (Elevation Organics) and another unknown-ish brand (Sierra Natural Science) to try out and add to the concoction!!

Attachments

Drkillawatt

Kill a "watt"
This is one of the girls in 1 gal airpot with like 1/2 filled up with soil perlite mix and bottom rez of a about an inch of water. In essence it's like a 1/2 galon of soil and a rez. Lol

She in little more than a solo cup!! haha

Attachments

Vee

Ancient Member
Nice man!

Why on Earth(pun?) would you grow in water knowing the water local and afar is crap...thats your biz ya
a lot of extra work, for me a water distiller would be essential

Here in eastern Europe I'm blessed with great water, thanks to the snows with many little springs? around
with average ph of 6.5..I did grow DWC for 1 year back in 1989 with all the noobie mistakes..that year was a serious loss..but to beat the serious cold here.. soil is a must..as any blackout will mean the soil holds the heat somewhat longer
then theirs my experience with steam or air hydro steam lading nutes is applied
if the nozzles don't keep blocking on me..I used the bits from a face steamer a beauty aid

you guys use perlite and coco/soil for me that dammmm perlite just keeps floating to the top of the pot
so the perlite is not doing its job? ...100% perlight, even coco or Hydroton is great but expensive

I do like the one method like the Kratky but forget it name
you just fill to the little hole on the side of the pot?

cheers/

Drkillawatt

Kill a "watt"
Why on Earth(pun?) would you grow in water knowing the water local and afar is crap...thats your biz ya
a lot of extra work, for me a water distiller would be essential

Here in eastern Europe I'm blessed with great water, thanks to the snows with many little springs? around
with average ph of 6.5..I did grow DWC for 1 year back in 1989 with all the noobie mistakes..that year was a serious loss..but to beat the serious cold here.. soil is a must..as any blackout will mean the soil holds the heat somewhat longer
then theirs my experience with steam or air hydro steam lading nutes is applied
if the nozzles don't keep blocking on me..I used the bits from a face steamer a beauty aid

you guys use perlite and coco/soil for me that dammmm perlite just keeps floating to the top of the pot
so the perlite is not doing its job? ...100% perlight, even coco or Hydroton is great but expensive

I do like the one method like the Kratky but forget it name
you just fill to the little hole on the side of the pot?

cheers/
I've found good water in places(Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts, NH but like Texas has some spots in west TX that have less than ideal water ph is always ok 6.5ish but it's all the other extra stuff chlorine and some pathogens I'm sure because its basically all waste water from a treatment plant in the south. I found good water in Abilene TX out the tap was perfect and the loved the dwc. I just got sick of working so hard to get it dialed in I went to soil mix and airpots.