D.R.G.L. - Mila’s Mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
@Hust17 What size fabric do you use? My heisenbeans are getting rootbound in my 2 gallon fabric pots, leaving me to chase phantom deficiencies. Definitely going with the 3 gallons next time, I wasn't prepared for the stretch, I never am. I'm just jealous of everyone's beautiful babies, mine always look nice, but now they look bad enough that I kind of wanna scrap the grow and start fresh with the 3 gallons. DAMN STRETCH.
Thanks for Popping in! Hmmm that’s interesting. I’ve kept my girls in tiny fabric pots pretty long and never seen a rootbound issue except when I packed my fresh coco too tight. I am using 1G in veg, then my big girls get 3G’s and I’m just trying out new sizes of pots for the 2x4. I’m thinking 8x 2G will be fine.

Do you have any photos you can share of your girls? :D

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
That’s good! Yup I also increased my temps a bit as well as lowered the humidity further. How did the milk work?
The milk made the leaves all shiny! I’d say it was semi-successful. About 4 days after the spray, I was finding spots of PM here and there (I would remove the leaves with spots). About a week after the milk spray, I did an H2O2 spray. That was just yesterday. I’ll be keeping a close eye on them.

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
The milk made the leaves all shiny! I’d say it was semi-successful. About 4 days after the spray, I was finding spots of PM here and there (I would remove the leaves with spots). About a week after the milk spray, I did an H2O2 spray. That was just yesterday. I’ll be keeping a close eye on them.
Please keep me updated! That sounds promising :) I shouldve tried the milk first instead of scorching my plants with baking soda and peroxide...

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
Are they bad? You should post pics so we can learn.
Well, I don’t know what to call them. I stripped them to the bone basically and they are recovering making new white hairs. They looked bad last week with all dead leaves and red pistils after I sprayed them but slowly making a come back. I will throw up a photo here in 30 minutes sorry I said I would the other day but I will today haha!

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Fabric pots are equal to one half their volume vs. plastic or solid pots........
I agree.

I've grown in fabric pots solely for more than a year. I admit I bought into the hype. What I have found is that my plants grow better in the same size plastic pots. Without exception.........and I grow the same cuts mostly, so I can tell. My next pot purchase will be black plastic nursery pots in 3 gallon.

And what's wrong with the roots circling the pot? I get that it could be a problem, but I have had some real nice plants, with roots a circling and in plastic pots, and never a problem.
I'll back that up with my entry into the past 2 liter grow contest, grown in a pepsi bottle, made~80g's approx. That was an eye opener on this issue. Root bound as all fuck, and produced admirably.

The smoke is the same regardless which pot........but you'll have more with a same size plastic pot. I have a large glass jar dispensary, and when using fabric exclusively, I was noticing that I am always low, even tho I am growing more. That 2 liter rootball made me switch to give it a test and sure as shit, I'm getting MORE from a basic nursery pot. Jars are filling MORE.

I'm sure there will be "internet grow guru's" who think what I am saying is not true, but they are the same stoopid fuckers I listened to in the first place. YMMV :)

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
Whitebreads were culled. I was very sad about it but I found some worse PM spots on some lowers :(

I am pumping my tents with a few minutes of UV every few hours during lights out. I also got some spray that I’m going to use more as a wipe I think. My environment is dialled, right in the middle of the green of my VPD chart..

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Whitebreads were culled. I was very sad about it but I found some worse PM spots on some lowers :(

I am pumping my tents with a few minutes of UV every few hours during lights out. I also got some spray that I’m going to use more as a wipe I think. My environment is dialled, right in the middle of the green of my VPD chart..
Oh no! Sorry to hear that.

What is RH and tTemos for lights on and off?

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Thanks dude, ya it really stung. Now I need to figure out how to resolve this!

28 degrees and 50%RH lights on and 26 degrees 48%RH lights off just checked. I have the UV set to run 4 times for 3 minutes each during lights off.
I think RH of 50 is prolly too high and is allowing the PM “germinate”.

I’ve done only a little research on PM, but it would seem that PM spores are everywhere all the time. I’m not sure you can “clean them away” and the only defense is to adjust your environment so it won’t allow the PM to bloom.

Dont take my word for it though, it’s just where my heads at with it now. Reducing the RH to below 40 with temps in the 21 - 28 range (along with milk and H202 sprays) has worked to stop the appearance of PM for me, so far.

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
I think RH of 50 is prolly too high and is allowing the PM “germinate”.

I’ve done only a little research on PM, but it would seem that PM spores are everywhere all the time. I’m not sure you can “clean them away” and the only defense is to adjust your environment so it won’t allow the PM to bloom.

Dont take my word for it though, it’s just where my heads at with it now. Reducing the RH to below 40 with temps in the 21 - 28 range (along with milk and H202 sprays) has worked to stop the appearance of PM for me, so far.
That’s really good to hear. Ok I will try to get it down even further!! :D Thanks man

Status
Not open for further replies.