D.R.G.L. - Mila’s Mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
Hey, Hust how are your plant that you treated for PM doing?
Stripped em down after their double spray days and they seem to be recovering alright. I will try to throw up a photo of them later today once their lights come on :)

I’ve got my dehuey at 40 now and it’s working hard! Got all my extra fans running and going to invest in a couple more very soon.

Did you keep any of yours that were affected?

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
Um no, it’s 99.9% you’ll get at least one male.

Desired outcome/Total outcomes

11 plants each with 50% chance of being male, and we want *at least one male*

is generalized as:

(2^p - 1)/2^p

where
p = number of trials (plants), 11 in our case

plug in our numbers and we get:
2047/2048 = 99.9%

This assumes plant sexing is *fair* and is always a 50/50 chance of male/female. I don’t know that to be 100% true lol

Last edited:

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
Um no, it’s 99.9% you’ll get at least one male.

Desired outcome/Total outcomes

11 plants each with 50% chance of being male, and we want *at least one male*

is generalized as:

(2^p - 1)/2^p

where
p = number of trials (plants), 11 in our case

plug in our numbers and we get:
2047/2048 = 99.9%

This assumes plant sexing is *fair* and is always a 50/50 chance of male/female. I don’t know that to be 100% true lol
That’s how my math went as well 🤷‍♀️ No worries either way, the odds are very high and I just know we will get a fire one ;)

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Stripped em down after their double spray days and they seem to be recovering alright. I will try to throw up a photo of them later today once their lights come on :)

I’ve got my dehuey at 40 now and it’s working hard! Got all my extra fans running and going to invest in a couple more very soon.

Did you keep any of yours that were affected?
I kept ‘em all! Gave them a milk spray last week, and have had to remove a few leaves here and there. This morning they all got an H202 spray. I’ve also re-done my ventilation and circulation, as well as turning up the heat to combat the humidity.

Crash32097

Veteran Grower
@Hust17 What size fabric do you use? My heisenbeans are getting rootbound in my 2 gallon fabric pots, leaving me to chase phantom deficiencies. Definitely going with the 3 gallons next time, I wasn't prepared for the stretch, I never am. I'm just jealous of everyone's beautiful babies, mine always look nice, but now they look bad enough that I kind of wanna scrap the grow and start fresh with the 3 gallons. DAMN STRETCH.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
@Hust17 What size fabric do you use? My heisenbeans are getting rootbound in my 2 gallon fabric pots, leaving me to chase phantom deficiencies. Definitely going with the 3 gallons next time, I wasn't prepared for the stretch, I never am. I'm just jealous of everyone's beautiful babies, mine always look nice, but now they look bad enough that I kind of wanna scrap the grow and start fresh with the 3 gallons. DAMN STRETCH.
Fabric pots are equal to one half their volume vs. plastic or solid pots........

Status
Not open for further replies.