Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 60

Last i saw......Denver was closing liquor stores and recreational dispensaries. Med will remain open.

Damn. Didn't see this one coming. I'm guessing bags will be in real high demand in about a week....or folks will DRIVE to other jurisdictions to purchase buds. Stupid is as stupid does.....

Gonna be a tell tale few weeks comin' up. It's gonna blow the fuck up....but how much? Time....and how we address it all as a nation... will certainly tell the story.

best of luck folks..........

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
I'm gonna start running my Ozone machine.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I decided to really go nuts with veg this year...this is on the way. Lumber is almost ordered for the raised beds. I am adding some totes for F&Ds and such.

I will use a tent to start things when they arrive. What a great idea. So many varieties of fruit and veg and they are all pretty much fantastic for my climate (good yield, good tasting and decent finish times).

I am build 2 raised beds that are 4 x 8 outside. And i will put runners along the fence line and do some squash.

This is a pretty cool hobby anyway and this is years of food...for a pretty small price when you think about it (And no brain overload choosing varieties).

prep.jpg

1. Araugula, Slow Bolt ˜ 500 Seeds
  1. Asparagus, Mary Washington ˜ 12 Seeds
  2. Bean, Blue Lake Bush ˜ 12 Seeds
  3. Beet, Detroit Dark Red ˜ 105 Seeds
  4. Broccoli, Calabrese ˜ 445 Seeds
  5. Brussels Sprouts, Long Island ˜ 315 Seeds
  6. Cabbage, Red Acre ˜ 315 Seeds
  7. Cantaloupe, Hale's Best Jumbo ˜ 40 Seeds
  8. Carrot, Scarlet Nantes ˜ 2,200 Seeds
  9. Cauliflower, Snowball Y ˜ 450 Seeds
  10. Celery, Utah ˜ 3500 Seeds
  11. Collards, Georgia Southern ˜ 315 Seeds
  12. Corn, Bilicious ˜ 10 Seeds
  13. Cucumber, Boston Pickling ˜ 40 Seeds
  14. Eggplant, Black Beauty ˜ 165 Seeds
  15. Honeydew, Green Flesh ˜ 40 Seeds
  16. Kale, Blue Scotch Curled ˜ 315 Seeds
  17. Lettuce, Buttercrunch ˜ 1,600 Seeds
  18. Lettuce, Iceberg ˜ 1,600 Seeds
  19. Lettuce, Parris Island ˜ 1,600 Seeds
  20. Lettuce, Red Romaine ˜ 1,600 Seeds
  21. Okra, Spineless ˜ 25 Seeds
  22. Onion, Yellow Spanish ˜ 50 Seeds
  23. Pea, Green Arrow ˜ 24 Seeds
  24. Pumpkin, Big Max ˜ 4 Seeds
  25. Radish, Cherry Belle ˜ 100 Seeds
  26. Rutabaga, American Purple Top ˜
  27. Spinach, Giant Nobel ˜ 100 Seeds
  28. Sunflower, Peredovik ˜ 12 Seeds
  29. Squash, Black Beauty ˜ 8 Seeds
  30. Swiss Chard, Large White Rib ˜ 40 Seeds
  31. Tomato, Beefsteak ˜ 60 Seeds
  32. Tomato, Red Cherry ˜ 175 Seeds
  33. Turnip, Purple Top ˜ 400 Seeds
  34. Pepper, Sweet Yolo ˜ 70 Seeds
  35. Pepper, Cayenne ˜ 45 Seeds
  36. Pepper, Jalapeno ˜ 90 Seeds
  37. Pepper, Sweet Banana ˜ 65 Seeds
  38. Victoria Rhubarb ˜ 25 Seeds
  39. Watermelon, Crimson Sweet ˜ 12 Seeds
Holy shit i need a new seed holder !. lol

most businesses closed here except for liquor and weed and beer grocery and home improvement stores. I am going to get my shit delivered on the driveway and throw it in the garage for a few days.

This will change me. I am going to see how much shit i can produce for myself from now on even when the coronvirus is over. I will be a frugal retired dude and i have realized that tv and movies get really boring after a while. The sun will get stronger and i want to be outside. I miss it.

Having your hands in soil and growing things (coco and water systems work too :D)....it helps take your mind off of this shit. That is mostly beyond our ability to control.

We can control ourselves...social distancing...try and get shit delivered...work from home if possible etc. But beyond that we cant do much.

some stuff we can do is turn off the news....take a break from it....get your hands in some dirt and grow some shit....read a book.

I am going to do that today because it is getting me nutty worrying about stupid shit.

I will grow my beard longer...a mission i can do something about.

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
It is alleged that at this point Falcone leaned towards the woman and deliberately coughed on her and laughed, telling her he had coronavirus.

So in actual fact he was arrested for being STUPID...

In these strange times maybe douchebaggery is an arrest-able offence!

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I decided to really go nuts with veg this year...this is on the way. Lumber is almost ordered for the raised beds. I am adding some totes for F&Ds and such.

I will use a tent to start things when they arrive. What a great idea. So many varieties of fruit and veg and they are all pretty much fantastic for my climate (good yield, good tasting and decent finish times).

I am build 2 raised beds that are 4 x 8 outside. And i will put runners along the fence line and do some squash.

This is a pretty cool hobby anyway and this is years of food...for a pretty small price when you think about it (And no brain overload choosing varieties).

View attachment 54133

most businesses closed here except for liquor and weed and beer grocery and home improvement stores. I am going to get my shit delivered on the driveway and throw it in the garage for a few days.

This will change me. I am going to see how much shit i can produce for myself from now on even when the coronvirus is over. I will be a frugal retired dude and i have realized that tv and movies get really boring after a while. The sun will get stronger and i want to be outside. I miss it.

Having your hands in soil and growing things (coco and water systems work too :D)....it helps take your mind off of this shit. That is mostly beyond our ability to control.

We can control ourselves...social distancing...try and get shit delivered...work from home if possible etc. But beyond that we cant do much.

some stuff we can do is turn off the news....take a break from it....get your hands in some dirt and grow some shit....read a book.

I am going to do that today because it is getting me nutty worrying about stupid shit.

Cool! Those peas can go in as soon as the ground can be worked. I just planted out another 300 pea palnts (Emerald Archer) In the cold frame, I also planted another 100 snap peas (Blizzard Queen) I started 12 Waltham Broccoli, 24 lettuces ( 6 flavors), 8 Swiss Chard (Perpetual Spinach) Just ordered 100 sweet potato slips. I only need 50 but 50 or 100 are the same $$.

Heirloom or open pollinated seeds, produce veggies from which the seeds can be saved. Can't do it with Hybrids.
"You have to plant Swiss Chard" that little ditty coming from my favorite WWll vet (who is sorely missed) has proven to be some of the best advice I ever got. You can harvest it bi-weekly all season and it keeps growing. Just leave a few small leaves for it to regenerate.

Those archer peas in your stash, are shell peas. They can make 10 peas in a pod and you can dry some for next year. Put them along the fence asap, every 2" by 3/4" deep.

I highly advise people to load up on seeds now, when everyone else gets it they will be gone. Food item, barter item in shtf scenario.

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Thanks @BigBallzWillie that is some great advice. We are too frost centric yet but the seeds should arrive in 1 week or so...time to get that lumber delivered...then the soil.

With this corona shit i went full retired...no consulting G is hibernating. Well im preparing like a y2k nut but its famliar :D

The food growing...well it is kind of like weed. IT is good for barter and such but when all this shit levels out its going to make some awesome harvest gifts.

I am really tired of gift card giving. I think what would be great is giving someone a basket of veg with a recipe (and the olive oil and balsamic or whatever). They will remember that a lot longer.

Not related to coronavirus but.....i have been pondering.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Cool! Those peas can go in as soon as the ground can be worked. I just planted out another 300 pea palnts (Emerald Archer) In the cold frame, I also planted another 100 snap peas (Blizzard Queen) I started 12 Waltham Broccoli, 24 lettuces ( 6 flavors), 8 Swiss Chard (Perpetual Spinach) Just ordered 100 sweet potato slips. I only need 50 but 50 or 100 are the same $$.

Heirloom or open pollinated seeds, produce veggies from which the seeds can be saved. Can't do it with Hybrids.
"You have to plant Swiss Chard" that little ditty coming from my favorite WWll vet (who is sorely missed) has proven to be some of the best advice I ever got. You can harvest it bi-weekly all season and it keeps growing. Just leave a few small leaves for it to regenerate.

Those archer peas in your stash, are shell peas. They can make 10 peas in a pod and you can dry some for next year. Put them along the fence asap, every 2" by 3/4" deep.

I highly advise people to load up on seeds now, when everyone else gets it they will be gone. Food item, barter item in shtf scenario.
Swiss chard is an italian staple. Pasta fagioili , greens and beans, Italian greens and peppers. Very vigorous indeed.
Zucchini are another. The flowers come early.

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister

View attachment 54133

@gwheels that's an awesome kit. How long did it take for that to be shipped/delivered? Amazon says usually ships in 2-3 weeks.

Edit: Went ahead and ordered the "limited" edition. Hopefully it arrives quickly so I can get these things in the dirt soon. We're already flirting with 80 degree weather where I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.