Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
I skimmed an article published at the Lew Rockwell website yesterday that provides some insight into death probabilities etc.

The two paragraphs (below) are excerpts from the article and a good take away. Consider reading the entire article to see how the author arrived at his conclusion.

My conclusion is the Covidiot Panicdemic is real in the sense that it presents some concern for older people, but it's intentionally WAAAAAAAAAY over hyped for most people. Yes, WAAAAAAAAY over hyped and intentional.

Exposing Deception: Minimal Risk to the Healthy from COVID-19
By Vasko Kohlmayer

To see just how small these chances are in the context of real life, it will help to juxtapose this probability with the probability of death from other rare causes. Below are our one-year odds of dying from various mishaps:

An injury of any kind: 1 in 1,334 (75 out 100,000)
Accidental poisoning: 1 in 5,243 (19 out of 100,000)
A motor vehicle accident: 1 in 8,303 (12 out of 100,000)
Shot by a firearm: 1 in 23,439 (4 out of 100,000)
Struck by a motor vehicle while walking: 1 in 42,600 (2 out of 100,000)

What all this shows is that for healthy individuals under the age of sixty the SARS-CoV-2 virus poses no greater risk than from other relatively rare threats. The low risk demographics encompassed by this age boundary include school children, young adults, college students and most people of a productive age. For healthy children, young adults and college students the risk is so low as to be practically irrelevant. For healthy adults of productive age, the danger is below the average risk of death from the annual flu.
The only thing about that is none of them deaths are biological or contagious. While I agree with the misinformation and capitalization of the virus (literally with everything know to man) I do think at the leastt not having massive block parties, and people throwing a fit about a mask would be pretty chill.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Tested positive for antibodies. So I’ve had it at some point. Been feeling good lately. I work out daily and been working my ass off as well. Not had a down day at all. 🤷‍♂️
Aside from wearing a mask where people want one worn I’ve not done anything different in the last 4 months...
Wow. You really have covid??

Punisher84

Just some asshole
I pretty much question anything I hear on the news, but I think they get it right most of the time. On the other hand we will never know whats up with Covid again. Every idea, every theory, every discovery, infestation #s, death #s, virtually everything, will be twisted to help Trump's re-election chances. He needs locked up.
News is nothing but propaganda, think communist countries. Shit the best news I watched when I did watch it was Al Jazeera.. ha.

hhibrownsbacker

Super Active Member
I look at it a little different. News is information to me, it can be slanted toward the right and it can be slanted towards the left. But you had the opportunity to view both sides and make your own decision on which is right. Now with covid info going straight to the trump administration, it is now just propaganda because its only going to be presented one way just like it is in a communist country. No checks and balances.

Last edited:

Punisher84

Just some asshole
I look at it a little different. News is information to me, it can be slanted toward the right and it can be slanted towards the left. But you had the opportunity to view both sides and make your own decision on which is right. Now with covid info going straight to the trump administration, it is now just propaganda because its only going to be presented one way just like it is in a communist country. No checks and balances.
Problem is it’s been presented in a hundred different ways. Look at the Florida lab. Claiming 100% positive results when the actual number was 9.4%. How many more have been doing that?

hhibrownsbacker

Super Active Member
Problem is it’s been presented in a hundred different ways. Look at the Florida lab. Claiming 100% positive results when the actual number was 9.4%. How many more have been doing that?
How many more bogus lab reports? I have no idea, maybe none. But you can bet the house that ALL info supplied from here on out will be tainted towards his re-election.

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
The only thing about that is none of them deaths are biological or contagious. While I agree with the misinformation and capitalization of the virus (literally with everything know to man) I do think at the leastt not having massive block parties, and people throwing a fit about a mask would be pretty chill.
Fear is contagious and helps to suppress immune systems, which are biological. :)

I'm not opposed to people running their business as they see fit. Hardware store A says, "must wear a mask here" Hardware store B says "no mask required". Consumer makes his choice based on his preferences.

I am opposed to government mandates shutting down business and threatening force against people for not obeying orders. I am annoyed by the 24/7 media "covid virus we're all gonna die" amplifying, which I think is intentional.

While I think it's a significant medical concern for people over 80 and people with a compromised immune system, if the media hadn't hyped this, most people would not be aware of anything going on. For most people, especially those under 50, this isn't anywhere near worthy of being called a pandemic.

Proud420

Just remember that when you stop at the red light, you blindly follow orders...
We do so everyday... We are not free , we follow the gubmint

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
How many more bogus lab reports? I have no idea, maybe none. But you can bet the house that ALL info supplied from here on out will be tainted towards his re-election.
That's why he's burning books doing it. NOW all the info we'll get will be filtered through Trump and HE and ONLY HE decides what information the public gets to see. That's scary, the man is a non-stop liar to start out with

Status
Not open for further replies.