Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Respect @hhibrownsbacker. I've lost a child....and not by my hands or my decisions......thankfully. It's seriously bad ju ju in any form....but the folks who hold the reigns who send their kids willingly and casually into this fire will enjoy a life of guilt AND grief as the realization of their stupid hits them full force. Nobody I know with kids is sending them back to school. I'd be right there with 'em if I was sent back 20 years and my kids were of school age.

Still staying out of the mix here. 4 months this week with about 6 trips out and about in that time frame. Not much open/reason to go anyway.....and the tourons are here....so masks are here/there now and a whole new round of germs (and stupid) is in town. For us it's grocery/hydro store/hardware store every 3 weeks or so. We are letting folks come and camp on the property w/the understanding that yer self sufficient in all needs. Nobody coming in the house/everybody stays outside and at least 6 ft apart.. Everybody is crazy from bein cooped up so long. (but me. I love the shit/hate dealing with people in general). So nice and quiet around here this year...

be safe (or be stupid...your choice)
I have not changed my lifestyle very much since all this began. Very few even wear a mask where I live. Only 1 death in the whole southern part of the state. Herd mentality is king here. Sure seems to be working, but I am in "rural" America. I wouldn't want to live in a big city.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I didnt read your numbers, as I dont care what they say. For every number you put up, I can find 10X that in 5 minutes saying the contrary. You need to make your own decisions and if you want to use stuff like driving deaths, lightening strikes or whatever, then use them. Im not saying that the world is gonna explode, and Im not saying you are wrong. I am saying I aint taking a chance with my family. I really do hope you are right, BUT it isnt worth the risk. Home school, on-line school, whatever we can find, is better than having my friends and families kids play russian roulet with this shit.
Are you serious? I posted links to my sources and the study was done by physicians who used CDC data. You are ignoring facts in the name of being safe and that’s just retarded. And the reason I used lightning strikes as a comparison is because it makes it easier to understand the risk factor of COVID.

Just in case you take my comment the wrong way, I'm not saying you are retarded...I'm saying that way of thinking is retarded ;)

Last edited:

hhibrownsbacker

Super Active Member
To put it in perspective, the chance of getting struck by lightning in the US, in any one year, is 1 in 700,000. This means that people in the US are 27.29 times more likely to get struck by lighting each year than they are likely to catch COVID-19 and die from it. They are also 1.28 times more likely to get struck by lightening than to catch COVID-19 and be sick enough to require hospitalization. Are you going ot start sending your kids to school in giant metal Faraday cages now?
So you want to put it into perspective .I promised myself I would quit wasting my time but WTF. OK For the last 5 YEARS according to the National Weather Service, exactly 105 people have died from lightening strikes in the US(40-2016, 16-2017, 21-2018, 20-2019, and 8 so far this year). The corona kills close to that or more each and every day. Put that into perspective.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
So you want to put it into perspective .I promised myself I would quit wasting my time but WTF. OK For the last 5 YEARS according to the National Weather Service, exactly 105 people have died from lightening strikes in the US(40-2016, 16-2017, 21-2018, 20-2019, and 8 so far this year). The corona kills close to that or more each and every day. Put that into perspective.
Read what I wrote again. I didn't compare it to deaths caused by lighting strikes, I compared it to getting struck by lighting. The chance of dying from a lighting strike is under 10%.

hhibrownsbacker

Super Active Member
Read what I wrote again. I didn't compare it to deaths caused by lighting strikes, I compared it to getting struck by lighting. The chance of dying from a lighting strike is under 10%.
I read what you said, I just added to it. "It made it easier to understand the risk factor of COVID". OK lets play some more with the numbers. You state that the death toll from a lightening strike is 10%, well then if my old high school math is right that would mean this year there would have been approximately 80 (8x10 ) strikes so far this year. Corona easily kills 80 a day even on a good day. Put that into perspective.

hhibrownsbacker

Super Active Member
As you can see, the numbers don't mean shit. Just because some doctor says something don't mean there isn't 10x as many doctors saying something different. Good luck and I hope you make the right decision for you and your family. C-ya

hhibrownsbacker

Super Active Member
One more thing, my family would have been smart enough to get out of a lightening storm and take cover if need be. But when little Johnny from down the street coughed on them at the playground at school, there's not much they could have done then.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I read what you said, I just added to it. "It made it easier to understand the risk factor of COVID". OK lets play some more with the numbers. You state that the death toll from a lightening strike is 10%, well then if my old high school math is right that would mean this year there would have been approximately 80 (8x10 ) strikes so far this year. Corona easily kills 80 a day even on a good day. Put that into perspective.
You really need to learn to comprehend what you are reading. I said "UNDER 10%" and you are going of data from the last 5 years, not an overall risk factor. You are also going off information from the national weather center, not the CDC. The numbers are all there for you to see if you would take the time to read through them and do the math like I did. If you had any idea of how many people die in each state on a daily basis these COVID death numbers, which have been admittedly and accidentally inflated by flagging COVID positive patients who died from other causes as COVID deaths, you would be thinking very differently about all of this. My sibling works for the state medical examiners office and assists with the autopsies. That sibling posted a picture the other day of them hugging my 75 year old aunt with no mask on. Do you think my sibling would risk the life of my aunt if this was as bad as you seem to think it is? Do what you want, man, but acting like those who know how to read statistics are crazy for believing them is just silly. I'll be hear enjoying life instead of cowering in a bunker while feeling like I need to don full MOPP gear to go outside and enjoy things. And, for the record, I do wear a mask when I go into stores... but not because I think they will do anything to protect me, or others. I wear one only so people like you won't cause a scene by having a meltdown.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
One more thing, my family would have been smart enough to get out of a lightening storm and take cover if need be. But when little Johnny from down the street coughed on them at the playground at school, there's not much they could have done then.
Again...learn how to read statistics. The risk of getting struck by lighting numbers I posted is an overall risk and that risk applies to that time when you are running inside to avoid the storm.

hhibrownsbacker

Super Active Member
Believe what you want but the numbers don't mean shit, like I have demonstrated they can be changed, added to, and found all over the internet. Anything you want to believe, you can find, just look at some of the shit you have already come up with. We were talking lightening strikes and I went to the National Weather Service which I feel comfortable with due to the subject matter. You went by the CDC though I dont see how they are a better authority on lightening than the NWS. Which one is right? You want to change the 10%, I can do that, its just simple math. You want to change the time period, got it, what time frame would make you happy, that might take a minute longer though. You tell me to learn how to read statistics, I prefer facts to statistics myself. Like the fact that the Corona Virus has killed over 130,000 people this year compared to 8 for lightening. I went to the dr this week and was talking to the PA about this shit and he says the ICU ward is full of patients with Covid right now, I can guarantee you not one is in there for a lightening strike.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Cancer, being fat, car accidents kill far more every single day.

Fun fact, when NY said they had someone dying every 2 minutes or whatever it was. In the year 2019 NY someone died every 2 1/4 minutes. The difference was minimal. I looked it up and had to laugh at their time frame claim.

Think 2.9m people died in 2019. We should ban death so it doesn’t happen.

I’ll be damned if Indiana isn’t trying to fuck up my figures. Killed 2 shit birds this week via death penalty. Awesome.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Something I want to get into here soon!
Do it. Network with other people doing the same, that helped me the most. I started the year with just the money from a home equity, at a point now I can borrow pretty much any amount of private money I could need. Refinance rates are great. Working on a 36 unit set of buildings now, under contract but weird stuff happens.

Whip Eurass

Super Active Member
We should ban death so it doesn’t happen.
I disagree.

1594937818252.png 1594937848299.png

1594938508940.png

1594939358738.png

Attachments

Punisher84

Just some asshole
I disagree.

View attachment 64579 View attachment 64580

View attachment 64581

View attachment 64583
Ok yeah there’s some folks that need a dose of it for sure.

D

Deleted member 60

I have not changed my lifestyle very much since all this began. Very few even wear a mask where I live. Only 1 death in the whole southern part of the state. Herd mentality is king here. Sure seems to be working, but I am in "rural" America. I wouldn't want to live in a big city.
It hasn't been a huge change here either overall. Longer stretches between trips to town but most everything else is the same as it ever was. (no job/no schedule/no income...LOL) Here the county is split politically...thus you won;t see many masked men on the Eastern side of the county. On the flip side, most folks wear em/most businesses require them (and their employees) to wear them on this end and the Eastern end of the next county where we do the majority of our shopping/etc. We do have the tourist factor here right now big time with the layoffs and the fat Gov't/unemployment checks comin in. Lotsa folks are camping out long term to escape the city on top of the regular # of tourists we see...so we see folks from all over the USA and all sorts of attitudes/behaviors in conjunction with those visits. There are less than 75K residents in both counties but we see half again that many out of towners on any given day. Definitely rural. 20 deaths in the county where we shop. The other county (mine)...um... won't say.

We can go on like this indefinitely... but can a lot of others who need to work? Shit is about to really get real for a lot of folks as the checks stop coming. Like you...I wouldn't want to live in a big city either ...... for more than one reason.

Whip Eurass

Super Active Member
I’ll be damned if Indiana isn’t trying to fuck up my figures. Killed 2 shit birds this week via death penalty. Awesome.
Just interested in your take:
If you were guilty, and knew you were going to be dead in about 10 minutes, would you confess?

1594940614262.png

"Lee was pronounced dead by the coroner at 8:07 a.m. ET in Terre Haute, Indiana. His last words were "I didn't do it. I've made a lot of mistakes in my life but I'm not a murderer. You're killing an innocent man," according to a pool report."

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Just interested in your take:
If you were guilty, and knew you were going to be dead in about 10 minutes, would you confess?

View attachment 64584

"Lee was pronounced dead by the coroner at 8:07 a.m. ET in Terre Haute, Indiana. His last words were "I didn't do it. I've made a lot of mistakes in my life but I'm not a murderer. You're killing an innocent man," according to a pool report."
No. How many appeals has the dude had? Don’t get me wrong there’s plenty of dudes in that are innocent. Don’t trust attorneys... Most politicians are attorneys.........

Whip Eurass

Super Active Member
No. How many appeals has the dude had? Don’t get me wrong there’s plenty of dudes in that are innocent. Don’t trust attorneys... Most politicians are attorneys.........
I didn't mean do you think he's innocent.

I just wonder why a guilty man would use his last moments to still proclaim his innocence. I smoke weed.

Status
Not open for further replies.