Chocolate Edibles

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Wow thats crazy good.

1/2 cup of oil...i can cram 20 grams into that with the ardent...i have a method involving force and stabbings.

20 X 25% X.82 (coconut oil transrer)= 4050 mgs of THC :D

10 cubes of 400 mgs.... Gardening Style.

I just ordered 1kg of white and semi sweet chocolate
1 pound each of guar guar gum, and citric acid.
And 1 KG of the best quality food grade gelatin i could get. I do make a lot of gummies.
will be here Sunday. I am making candy on Sunday...i will get a bunch decarbed material ready.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Chocolate rocks! Seems more creative too
I am starting to lean towards chocolate too! I made a batch and it just seems to kick better than budder.

I also found out that if you put budder in a hot drink (coffee, cocoa etc) a few little squares of a Hershey bar makes it completely emulsify. Hit it with a stick blender for a bit and it froths up, but when it settles there's no budder-slick.

I wonder if that emulsification property (molecular binding of some sort) has something to do with the chocolate edibles working better? Better digestion?

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I am starting to lean towards chocolate too! I made a batch and it just seems to kick better than budder.

I also found out that if you put budder in a hot drink (coffee, cocoa etc) a few little squares of a Hershey bar makes it completely emulsify. Hit it with a stick blender for a bit and it froths up, but when it settles there's no budder-slick.

I wonder if that emulsification property (molecular binding of some sort) has something to do with the chocolate edibles working better? Better digestion?
I wonder the same thing. I'm clueless but am leaning toward better digestion or related. I get a better buzz on chocolate..........I think, lol.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Wow thats crazy good.

1/2 cup of oil...i can cram 20 grams into that with the ardent...i have a method involving force and stabbings.

20 X 25% X.82 (coconut oil transrer)= 4050 mgs of THC :D

10 cubes of 400 mgs.... Gardening Style.

I just ordered 1kg of white and semi sweet chocolate
1 pound each of guar guar gum, and citric acid.
And 1 KG of the best quality food grade gelatin i could get. I do make a lot of gummies.
will be here Sunday. I am making candy on Sunday...i will get a bunch decarbed material ready.
I'm happy with that mix :) Now I'm gonna kick my oil up to 1 oz per cup oil for the next batch.
Did you get real chocolate or the candy melters?

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
The price is too cheap to be fancy.
Probably melters. I will see when they get here

But we are not too fussy.

I am going to eat 4 grams of decarbbed topanga...no gummies just buds...MMMMM bitter like black coffee and ipa

But most can not stand it.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
That's good, the oil mixes better with the cheap stuff which is oil based. Real choc adds multiple steps to the process and risk of fucking it up, lol.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I got the merckens Coating/melting Wafers in dark cocoa off amazon. The price has been jacked from $31 to $43 since this thread started, but it's perfect for molding edibles.

Any of the silicone molds available out there should work. There is a really nice selection @ Michaels stores. They have the brand "Celebrate It" and those molds are top notch for about $5 each. There is a large selection of shapes.

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
I got the merckens Coating/melting Wafers in dark cocoa off amazon. The price has been jacked from $31 to $43 since this thread started, but it's perfect for molding edibles.

Any of the silicone molds available out there should work. There is a really nice selection @ Michaels stores. They have the brand "Celebrate It" and those molds are top notch for about $5 each. There is a large selection of shapes.
That’s prime! Thank you so much! I love Michaels :D

You mentioned you use oil? How would you go about infusing the oil with hash? This is my first time 😏🤪

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
That’s prime! Thank you so much! I love Michaels :D

You mentioned you use oil? How would you go about infusing the oil with hash? This is my first time 😏🤪
That's the trickier part, lol. Also........to strain or not to strain is a question that relates to potency. Anyway, I strain and use bud instead of hash . Here's what I do, probably everybody is a little different. My oil is 1 cup oil to 1 cup weed. Get some virgin unrefined cocnut oil if possible.
Take weed, break it up by hand, spread out in a pyrex casserole dish. Cover the dish with foil. Set (and check temp) your oven to 240...............put your weed filled covered pyrex in the oven for 40 minutes. Let cool, further bust up or grind the weed.
Then I melt my oil and pour over the top, mix good and sprinkle1 teaspoon sunflower lecithin over and mix well. Then cover and back in oven @ 220 for 45 minutes. Remove let cool....open and sprinkle another teaspoon lecithin.......mix again.
Cover and put back in @ 220 for another 45 minutes. Let cool. Open and strain. You definitely want those last few drips. After it s strained i put it in a container in the fridge. After it solidifies, I cut it in half.

To make the chocolate I take that half cup of oil melt it in a double boiler......add in 6 oz's of the wafers. Melt all together, use enough heat to keep it liquid but don't boil. Then I take a turkey baster....suck up the chocolate mix and pour into molds....right to the top. It will shrink a bit. Then put those in the fridge. I put the molds on a plastic cutting board to keep them rigid.....then put that whole cutting board with molds on top in the fridge. They will release easily in about a half hour.

YMMV

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
That’s the best write up one could hope for!! Thank you so much my man I can’t wait to get these supplies collected!! :D

I do have a bunch of hash right now because I just bought bubble bags and went crazy hahaha! If possible, how would you tweak your method to use hash instead? @BigBallzWillie

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
The chocolate wafers are cheap and they work. I get 2.2 pounds of wafers for 11 dollars Canadian. And when you mix it you think there is no way this will hold together and it turns into chocolate.

Slightly coconut flavored chocolate.

They are great. I just have to hide the wafers from my kid. OMG i said dont eat those they are for my weed candy...and his eyes were the size of dinner plates. I havet made them yet but always ask.

I thought i was out...but i made 2 big choclate bars i forgot in the freezer. lol.

7 hours of sleep...wow did i eat a few buds.

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
The chocolate wafers are cheap and they work. I get 2.2 pounds of wafers for 11 dollars Canadian. And when you mix it you think there is no way this will hold together and it turns into chocolate.

Slightly coconut flavored chocolate.

They are great. I just have to hide the wafers from my kid. OMG i said dont eat those they are for my weed candy...and his eyes were the size of dinner plates. I havet made them yet but always ask.

I thought i was out...but i made 2 big choclate bars i forgot in the freezer. lol.

7 hours of sleep...wow did i eat a few buds.
May I ask where you source your wafers here in Canada please? :)

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
That's the trickier part, lol. Also........to strain or not to strain is a question that relates to potency. Anyway, I strain and use bud instead of hash . Here's what I do, probably everybody is a little different. My oil is 1 cup oil to 1 cup weed. Get some virgin unrefined cocnut oil if possible.
Take weed, break it up by hand, spread out in a pyrex casserole dish. Cover the dish with foil. Set (and check temp) your oven to 240...............put your weed filled covered pyrex in the oven for 40 minutes. Let cool, further bust up or grind the weed.
Then I melt my oil and pour over the top, mix good and sprinkle1 teaspoon sunflower lecithin over and mix well. Then cover and back in oven @ 220 for 45 minutes. Remove let cool....open and sprinkle another teaspoon lecithin.......mix again.
Cover and put back in @ 220 for another 45 minutes. Let cool. Open and strain. You definitely want those last few drips. After it s strained i put it in a container in the fridge. After it solidifies, I cut it in half.

To make the chocolate I take that half cup of oil melt it in a double boiler......add in 6 oz's of the wafers. Melt all together, use enough heat to keep it liquid but don't boil. Then I take a turkey baster....suck up the chocolate mix and pour into molds....right to the top. It will shrink a bit. Then put those in the fridge. I put the molds on a plastic cutting board to keep them rigid.....then put that whole cutting board with molds on top in the fridge. They will release easily in about a half hour.

YMMV
ooops..........that should read 1 cup oil to 1 ounce weed.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
That’s the best write up one could hope for!! Thank you so much my man I can’t wait to get these supplies collected!! :D

I do have a bunch of hash right now because I just bought bubble bags and went crazy hahaha! If possible, how would you tweak your method to use hash instead? @BigBallzWillie
In all honesty, I have no experience infusing hash so can't help there.

re bunny molds..........pretty sure there is a decent selection of easter molds @ Michaels...........got to be some rabbits there.