Chocolate Edibles

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
In all honesty, I have no experience infusing hash so can't help there.

re bunny molds..........pretty sure there is a decent selection of easter molds @ Michaels...........got to be some rabbits there.
Sunday.. probably not the best day to go out but I’ll go this week for sure! Thanks dude, I’m sure I’ll crush it! :D

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Where do you guys get your chocolate and molds? I want to get into this I think :D
Go to the baking aisle of the grocery store. They should have an assortment of "Wiltons" cake decorating stuff. Molds, melts, etc. The chocolate melts should be no more than a bag of chocolate chips. For molds, the ones they have are the clear plastic ones. I prefer the silicone ones you can get on Amazon. I got the Magic Butter silicone molds and they are very sturdy. I also got some brown silicone "Hershey bar molds" that work great for strong stuff with small size doses.

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
Go to the baking aisle of the grocery store. They should have an assortment of "Wiltons" cake decorating stuff. Molds, melts, etc. The chocolate melts should be no more than a bag of chocolate chips. For molds, the ones they have are the clear plastic ones. I prefer the silicone ones you can get on Amazon. I got the Magic Butter silicone molds and they are very sturdy. I also got some brown silicone "Hershey bar molds" that work great for strong stuff with small size doses.
Okie dokie, thank you! I’ll take a look there as well but Michaels is always a chill trip ;)

I hear you about the melts, I will probably end up just ordering stuff from amazon. Is semi-sweet the same the dark? Lol edit: Googled it, yup same.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Okie dokie, thank you! I’ll take a look there as well but Michaels is always a chill trip ;)

I hear you about the melts, I will probably end up just ordering stuff from amazon. Is semi-sweet the same the dark? Lol edit: Googled it, yup same.
If you want the easiest version. Use real chocolate, and decarbed keif. melt it, mix it, mold it. No infusing oils and stuff.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL

Get the dark if you can.................it will move toward lighter when you mix it up.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
If you want the easiest version. Use real chocolate, and decarbed keif. melt it, mix it, mold it. No infusing oils and stuff.
You have to temper real chocolate.........and that's a process in and of itself. And if you get it wrong you'll have chocolate rubber, lol.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think using chocolate chips (the Girardelli dark chocolate) is better than "baking chocolate" which is a hard crumbly brick?

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Do those chips have cocoa butter listed as an ingredient? Most are not real chocolate. It is possible to avoid the tempering process in real chocolate if you never exceed a certain temp when heating and I think that temp is 90 degrees.

Real chocolate will have a rubbery, non- set texture if not tempered. Might work in a candy bar shape, but it won't come out of the mold for shit and..well, ..it's rubbery.

But to temper.......Melt 3/4 of the real chocolate in the double boiler, take it off the heat and put the remaining 25% in there and let that melt into the heated chocolate. Then you need a candy thermometer, beacaus you are going to pour when it reaches the correct temp........which again I think is 90. Number may be off but that's the process. Melting removed the crystalline structure, tempering puts it back and lets the chocolate finish hard and smooth.

F series

Insanely Active Member
Don't get wafers or melties, unless they have cocoa butter1st or 2nd ingredient. Baking chocolate doesn't temper. I'm pretty sure I went into detail about how to temper chocolates, Ive done it for a living

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I used to make edible for a dude commercial, if you want a legit no fuss dosing blah blah blah, use honey oil, or activated thc oil.

Also, if you get that "melty" chocolate stuff, or chocochips for cookies, or baking chocolates. You won't be able to temper your chocolates
Won't be able to temper...........huh? There is no need to temper wafers.

Don't get wafers or melties, unless they have cocoa butter1st or 2nd ingredient. Baking chocolate doesn't temper. I'm pretty sure I went into detail about how to temper chocolates, Ive done it for a living
What was your job at the commercial op? Did you personally do anything with the chocolate. The reason I ask is that your warnings about tempering make no sense at all. Does your baking chocolate come as a soft bar??? Choco chips...are they soft?? Of course not.
Don't take offense but you got it backwards. The advantage to the wafers is that they don't need tempering not that they can't be tempered.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Most chocolate (real) comes tempered and the temper is lost during the melting process.
Cool. I think I may have just hit the temp right on accident then.

For what it's worth, I tossed the dry decarbed keif and chocolate chips into a metal bowl over a pot.
On high just until the water started boiling, then set the bowl on top and turned the heat down to low.
I whisked it together just until it was smooth and all melted, then turned the heat off while I got it into molds - but left it over the hot water.
They all solidified and popped out of the molds (Magic butter silicone ones) just fine.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Oh, I also added maybe a teaspoon of infused oil (EVOO) to make it smoother.

If you look at the Ardent data showing which oils infuse the best % of THC, butter was tops, EVOO second. Coconut, MCT, and other stuff was still above 90% though.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Cool. I think I may have just hit the temp right on accident then.

For what it's worth, I tossed the dry decarbed keif and chocolate chips into a metal bowl over a pot.
On high just until the water started boiling, then set the bowl on top and turned the heat down to low.
I whisked it together just until it was smooth and all melted, then turned the heat off while I got it into molds - but left it over the hot water.
They all solidified and popped out of the molds (Magic butter silicone ones) just fine.
If you didn't exceed 90 degrees you don't lose the temper and don't then need to re-temper. @95 degrees it's no longer tempered.

How to temper chocolate in the microwave
To keep your chocolate in temper you MUST pay attention to the temperature of the chocolate. Semi-sweet chocolate should never go above 88F-90F. Milk chocolate should never go above 84F-86F. White or colored chocolate should never go above 82F-84F. The chocolate must contain cocoa butter for this to work.

1. Place 12 oz of semi-sweet chocolate into your plastic or silicone bowl and microwave for 30 seconds on high, then stir.
  2. Microwave one more time for 30 seconds, then 15 seconds, then 10 seconds. Stirring in between each heating. DO NOT RUSH THIS!
  3. Always check your thermometer to make sure your temperature is not going above 90ºF.
  4. Once your chocolate is melted, it’s ready to use!

F series

Insanely Active Member
Won't be able to temper...........huh? There is no need to temper wafers.

What was your job at the commercial op? Did you personally do anything with the chocolate. The reason I ask is that your warnings about tempering make no sense at all. Does your baking chocolate come as a soft bar??? Choco chips...are they soft?? Of course not.
Don't take offense but you got it backwards. The advantage to the wafers is that they don't need tempering not that they can't be tempered.
I worked as a pastry cook, then someone needed help with edibles.
I don't know what wafers anyone is talking about, I'm just assuming it's either like chocolate chips, for cookies/baking chips. Or any other chocolates that don't have cocoa butter, or at least enough. Or they have syrup or veg oils etc. Cocoa butter is what we actually temper, not chocolate