Chocolate Edibles

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I worked as a pastry cook, then someone needed help with edibles.
I don't know what wafers anyone is talking about, I'm just assuming it's either like chocolate chips, for cookies/baking chips. Or any other chocolates that don't have cocoa butter, or at least enough. Or they have syrup or veg oils etc. Cocoa butter is what we actually temper, not chocolate
They have "almond bark" by the chocolate stuff. It is mostly partially hydrogenated something or other. I think the wafers are similar. "melts" is what they are called. I think both are scientifically engineered to be easier, shinier, etc. Like velveta LOL

I looked at the chips and the contents look good. There is "milk fat" up near the top in the ingredients along with the cocoa butter. Might help stabilize it or something. I know there ain't a damn thing wrong with a chocolate chip that's been cooked in a 350 degree cookie! :)

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I made 6 cups of strong coconut oil. I forgot that giant magical butter machine and did 3 oz and all my residual oil soaked buds I freeze.

I can fortify it with decarbed Kiev.

I will make infused chocolatewafers and see if I can get it to stick to gummies

The wafers taste great . Green rebel farms put nerds in a bar mold and chocolate on top

I'm too high to try it tonight, the new oil might be ok

F series

Insanely Active Member
They have "almond bark" by the chocolate stuff. It is mostly partially hydrogenated something or other. I think the wafers are similar. "melts" is what they are called. I think both are scientifically engineered to be easier, shinier, etc. Like velveta LOL

I looked at the chips and the contents look good. There is "milk fat" up near the top in the ingredients along with the cocoa butter. Might help stabilize it or something. I know there ain't a damn thing wrong with a chocolate chip that's been cooked in a 350 degree cookie! :)
I wonder if anyone knows the point of tampering honestly lol

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Tampering is usually done to witnesses...to make them shut up.

:D

Its doob oclock get the hell up.

I googled it. So thats why its glossy and shiny and doesnt melt in my fingers. I just thought it was shitty hersheys chocolate that didnt melt...wait a minute.

The wafers work for making stoner bars...

As long as it sets and doesnt come out looking like coconut oil stuck to the side of a chocoate bar...we are golden. And with the wafers its 15 minutes easier than gummies...but i am working on gummies today to perfect texture.

F series

Insanely Active Member
Temper* haha
But yeah, so it looks good, and most importantly, so it's solid at room and body temp. If incorrectly tempered and left in fridge, it will still melt at body temp. Even if solidified. So if you're either selling bars, or leaving in a stash, it will need to be tempered

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Temper* haha
But yeah, so it looks good, and most importantly, so it's solid at room and body temp. If incorrectly tempered and left in fridge, it will still melt at body temp. Even if solidified. So if you're either selling bars, or leaving in a stash, it will need to be tempered
I keep mine in the fridge - only need to solidify enough for me to get them out of the mold - but they are solid at room temp - again, probably by accident.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Guess I need to clarify. Baking chocolate will melt. But can't be solidified by tempering. You can absolutely fridge solidify, but it will melt outside of refrigeration.
Baking chocolate comes tempered so it can also be re-tempered. How many of those edibles were you eating on that job?? lol........you got it wrong again. :)

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Coconut oil is solid below 76 degrees. Higher and it's liquid. Seeing as how that oil is about half the recipe, I'd keep them refrigerated. I'd imagine if you were selling edibles you wouldn't be using oil. Probably a tincture but not sure.........but I intend on figuring that out after I make a successful tincture or two. :)