Chocolate Edibles

Sparrowhawk420

Insanely Active Member
Anybody infusing chocolate with weed here? Any working recipes? I am slowly amassing a collection of various chocolates, to infuse and then cast. Just got a 10 lb sack of melters and many bricks, powder, bark and chips.
View attachment 55950
I stopped when I put my mates wife in hospital tripping her head off and screaming my name across the emergency room saying it was all my fault, LMFAO

Primo bozo

Big veiny dick
Chocolate is bad, m,Kay. I had a fat girl once, couldn't get rid of her. So I got the idea that, since fat girls love chocolate, I took a big bag of Hershey kisses and made me a trail out the front door and kept going for about 12 blocks away, went back home and went to bed pleased with the fact that she would be gone in the morning, you know, follow the trail out and keep on going. Well surprise, surprise! Woke up the next morning, and now I have 2 fat girls, one followed the candy trail back to my house.
Chocolate is bad, m,Kay.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think you can melt it and infuse a certain amount of oil - and it will still harden like it should. If you have strong oil it should be simple.

If you have to add more oil to get the dosage right you'll have to add something to thicken it back up.

Hope that helps.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I think you can melt it and infuse a certain amount of oil - and it will still harden like it should. If you have strong oil it should be simple.

If you have to add more oil to get the dosage right you'll have to add something to thicken it back up.

Hope that helps.
Probably will be some trial and error finding that correct formula. :) Hopefully I got enough material to get it figured out. I'm going to try casting into silicone molds. Strong oil will help because they are small. I will make some strong ones, but I mostly like weaker ones to maintain my stone all day, with less smoking. Too heavy an edible stone puts me to sleep. I also find the lighter meds are less cyclic, no big highs and lows through out the day.
And, I do smoke much less when high on edibles.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I got tired of eating all that jello so its been just decarbbed buds....i think chocolate will taste better.

A ganosh would work if you infused butter to make it. And maybe add something to offset the taste a bit like cinaman and hot peppers (which do go great in chocolate ganosh).

I just make brownies with them if i have a chocolate craving. The recipe i use takes 1 cup of oil per batch.

32 brownies can be pretty strong so you can use your sub par coconut oil for this. Or base butter without re fortification.

Base butter is the first pass of infusion. I use my hash trim (the water logged stuff) in a slow cooker for 24 hours...
That is then infused again with buds. It gets stronger until saturation and i am not sure where that is. I usually get way too baked to have any empirical evidence.

But its fun experimenting..What year is this?

F series

Insanely Active Member
I used to make edible for a dude commercial, if you want a legit no fuss dosing blah blah blah, use honey oil, or activated thc oil.

Also, if you get that "melty" chocolate stuff, or chocochips for cookies, or baking chocolates. You won't be able to temper your chocolates

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I used to make edible for a dude commercial, if you want a legit no fuss dosing blah blah blah, use honey oil, or activated thc oil.

Also, if you get that "melty" chocolate stuff, or chocochips for cookies, or baking chocolates. You won't be able to temper your chocolates
The best bet would be to make those andes candys with layers. Plain chocolate, a layer of THC whatever, then top it with chocolate. Wouldn't matter as much if the middle stuff got as solid.

For that matter, you could melt the damn chocolate and mix in dry herb - NO problem with how much you add except taste.

F series

Insanely Active Member
The best bet would be to make those andes candys with layers. Plain chocolate, a layer of THC whatever, then top it with chocolate. Wouldn't matter as much if the middle stuff got as solid.

For that matter, you could melt the damn chocolate and mix in dry herb - NO problem with how much you add except taste.
I don't understand

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I don't understand
If you are worried about dosage, or making them stroooooong, too much oil and chocolate won't set.

If you add ground up decarbed bud, you can add as much as you want to get the dosage you want - and it'll still solidify.

For the andes candies thing, it was an idea to keep that thc-bomb encapsulated.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL

Actually, I got the melters because they supposedly, don't need tempering. 🍫That was google's number 1 recommendation for molded chocolate, hopefully it works. If not, strawberry season is coming, they'll be getting dipped.
But I do have some bars of higher end chocolates.

Did the guy doing it commercial sell to dispensaries or directly? I am curious to know what and how an edible is priced retail wise, if you happen to know ;)

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
If you are worried about dosage, or making them stroooooong, too much oil and chocolate won't set.

If you add ground up decarbed bud, you can add as much as you want to get the dosage you want - and it'll still solidify.

For the andes candies thing, it was an idea to keep that thc-bomb encapsulated.
It's a good idea. Might be able to flavor that middle layer too, Andes......💡

F series

Insanely Active Member
Actually, I got the melters because they supposedly, don't need tempering. 🍫That was google's number 1 recommendation for molded chocolate, hopefully it works. If not, strawberry season is coming, they'll be getting dipped.
But I do have some bars of higher end chocolates.

Did the guy doing it commercial sell to dispensaries or directly? I am curious to know what and how an edible is priced retail wise, if you happen to know ;)
Black and dispo, but say you're using a oil rated at 90% thc, using 1 gram in say 1000 grams of chocolates.

1000 grams chocolates now equals 900mg thc.
100 grams chocolates equals 90mg thc
Now I would do like 300-500 grams of chocolates, cookies, gummys whatever, for every 1 gram of oil

You don't want to eat 100 grams (almost a quarter pound) of fuckin chocolate for a 90mg thc bump ROFL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Black and dispo, but say you're using a oil rated at 90% thc, using 1 gram in say 1000 grams of chocolates.

1000 grams chocolates now equals 900mg thc.
100 grams chocolates equals 90mg thc
Now I would do like 300-500 grams of chocolates, cookies, gummys whatever, for every 1 gram of oil

You don't want to eat 100 grams (almost a quarter pound) of fuckin chocolate for a 90mg thc bump ROFL
I try to do the math so my edible stuff is small, but also only about 25-50mg THC. Enough to keep you rollin' and if you want to get bashed you can eat more.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
FWIW I use decarbed flowers only for eating as is or added to a meal like parsley ;)

Decarbed keif is much better for getting a large amount of THC in a small dose. And usually infusion into something else isn't necessary unless you are going for bag-appeal. It's just for me though, so I don't care if I can see the keif-dust in whatever I make.

for THC-math I count the keif as 50% THC by weight