Chief’s Den

Chiefer888

I gotta read into it a bit more and see.
But me thinks so far it's a mg and zinc def for sure, prob something else as well, lights too close and nutes too low do that to mine.
Too much light not enough fuel to use it will cause defs.
Also had the reverse.
Not enough light so too much fuel. Lol.
Was the ph of the coco ever checked?
I was totally going to check my runoff numbers last night, but I spilled the damned container!

Chiefer888

Not sure about the PH. I could not help but think lights as well. I have seen mine do that same thing when i got the lights to close several times. Also they do appear a bit light in color as well. What is really strange is they looked like they were getting better then Bam droopy again. @Chiefer888 if it were me i would give then a GOOD flush ( at least 3 gallons of RO for the 1 gallon pots ) . Back the lights off to like 25" or so. After flushing follow with a good dose of nutrients. Then monitor and see how they do.
I am planning to just go back to the 135 watt quantum light. No supplemental led, and see if that helps.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Have you tested your runoff? That’s going to tell you quite a bit.

Is your coco quality? Cheep can have salts that haven’t been rinsed. Check runoff.

Coco needs extra calmag, don’t rinse with str8 RO. I would flush with reduced nutes say 150calmag+ nutes 400ppm total. Your plants are pretty good size they should handle 400 easy. At least add the calmag and do a final fertigate.
If your coco has dried and is repelling water and it’s running out the side, go slow let it soak in and run out the bottom. On that note you shouldn’t let it get that dry.

Root rot can be an issue. I have had some problems in the past. I have been using RO all along and I believe an RO system can get pathogens living downstream of the membrane. UV as a final zap can help.
Get back with ppm and PH runoff.

Last edited:

Chiefer888

Have you tested your runoff? That’s going to tell you quite a bit.

Is your coco quality? Cheep can have salts that haven’t been rinsed. Check runoff.

Coco needs extra calmag, don’t rinse with str8 RO. I would flush with reduced nutes say 150calmag+ nutes 400ppm total. Your plants are pretty good size they should handle 400 easy. At least add the calmag and do a final fertigate.
If your coco has dried and is repelling water and it’s running out the side, go slow let it soak in and run out the bottom. On that note you shouldn’t let it get that dry.

Root rot can be an issue. I have had some problems in the past. I have been using RO all along and I believe an RO system can get pathogens living downstream of the membrane. UV as a final zap can help.
Get back with ppm and PH runoff.
TBH my coco is cheap stuff, but I rinsed it and soaked it in 300 ppm cal mag for hours before using

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Greetings Chief,
I see you are lucky enough to have THT gear. I also am a fortunate one, as I am growing out some of THT's 2Stroke Tangie (Sour Tangie X Tangie).
I do not have all of the skills and experience that appear in this thread already, although I can say, my plants get crinkly like that when they are cold at night.

Best of luck. I will be checking in regularly. I loves my Tangie.

Chiefer888

3C4E02B8-70FA-4619-8765-12C54EE954EB.jpegC1D439E6-83FF-47EE-8405-CDC1BDA2903D.jpeg
9D3796E0-CA00-4DA8-9373-37A96231EF0A.jpeg
Well @SSGrower the other Oregon Huckleberry x CNC was also a dude. He got the ax tonight. All plants are sexed I am down to 5 ladies in the tent. I have @SSGrower ’s Cindy Haze Cream (reveg) and a plant I miss labeled when I dropped the beans that I believe to be Red Headed Stranger x CNC (there is an outside shot that it’s Heavenly Hashplant), I have @THT Sour Tangie F2 reveg, a Blood Orange x Sour Tangie, and Bodhi’s Heavenly Hashplant.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
View attachment 39287View attachment 39288
View attachment 39289
Well @SSGrower the other Oregon Huckleberry x CNC was also a dude. He got the ax tonight. All plants are sexed I am down to 5 ladies in the tent. I have @SSGrower ’s Cindy Haze Cream (reveg) and a plant I miss labeled when I dropped the beans that I believe to be Red Headed Stranger x CNC (there is an outside shot that it’s Heavenly Hashplant), I have @THT Sour Tangie F2 reveg, a Blood Orange x Sour Tangie, and Bodhi’s Heavenly Hashplant.
I agree with @SSGrower the plants are looking better. It might be a good idea to remove some of the lower damaged leafs that way it will be easier to monitor for future damage if it occurs. Glad to see your plants are responding well to your treatment.