Chief’s Den

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
That pic looks much better. Was the pic in the beginning of this thread at lights on maybe? I agree they look more perky and hungry! I still think enough feed to get them by 24 hours is a good idea. Once they look lush and green again go back to feeding with runoff. I would think about adding another qb when you can too and you'll be rocking out over there.

Chiefer888

That pic looks much better. Was the pic in the beginning of this thread at lights on maybe? I agree they look more perky and hungry! I still think enough feed to get them by 24 hours is a good idea. Once they look lush and green again go back to feeding with runoff. I would think about adding another qb when you can too and you'll be rocking out over there.
Just after lights on and a light watering with cal mag and root ruckus water for a couple of plants that were dry on top

Chiefer888

They are looking much better. The Mac1 is a bit like that . The leaves never pray. What are your thoughts @Chiefer888 as to what you think might have been wrong? Not sure with the lighting but it looks like what @H.A.F. said about feeding might be right. They look to me like they need some nitrogen.When posting with any issues try to give as much detail as possible and will try and help solve any potential problems. After you achieve the proper amount of run off make sure you vacuum up the run off or however you dispose of it. Also until they are very healthy looking go ahead and go thru some wet and dry cycles. Lift the pot after watering so you can tell when it needs water by lifting the pot and checking the weight. Also maybe back that light off some like @macsnax said. Even cheaper LED lights can shock a plant being to close.
I think I am trying to work through a few things. I suspect that I might have been keeping my light a little close at 12-13”, going to try to maintain 15-16. With the lower temps I’m working in, I think I have a little slower transpiration. As a noob I think I am having a little trouble accounting for this when I water. I am still trying to figure out how to get the right amount of water while not letting salts buildup in my media.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I think I am trying to work through a few things. I suspect that I might have been keeping my light a little close at 12-13”, going to try to maintain 15-16. With the lower temps I’m working in, I think I have a little slower transpiration. As a noob I think I am having a little trouble accounting for this when I water. I am still trying to figure out how to get the right amount of water while not letting salts buildup in my media.
If it was the light you are lucky. I have probably killed more plants with light shock than anything else. Always get a decent runoff and you will not have to worry about salt build up. IMO in coco there is no such thing as a lite watering also if you want to be sure you do not have any salt build up every third feeding just use plan water should prevent any salt build up. If you were in soil growing organically you can do the lite irrigations. I am thinking that type of irrigating is what is causing the problem. It is very hard to over water in coco and once good roots are established almost impossible to over water.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
If it was the light you are lucky. I have probably killed more plants with light shock than anything else. Always get a decent runoff and you will not have to worry about salt build up. IMO in coco there is no such thing as a lite watering also if you want to be sure you do not have any salt build up every third feeding just use plan water should prevent any salt build up. If you were in soil growing organically you can do the lite irrigations. I am thinking that type of irrigating is what is causing the problem. It is very hard to over water in coco and once good roots are established almost impossible to over water.
Good stuff Capt, I think he's headed in the direction now.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone

What are your lights on temp and RH?

Chiefer888

So you're at 71f during lights off now? That's great, see about getting your lights on temp closer to 80. That will make a difference as well buddy. BTW running same day night/temps will significantly reduce flower stretch too.
Nope, 71-72 is lights on. I am at 60 at lights off. I am thinking of adding more light, I have a 100w vipar burple. I have a buddy with a 100w MH that he would loan me. If I add that and some more thermal mass do you think that might help??

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Nope, 71-72 is lights on. I am at 60 at lights off. I am thinking of adding more light, I have a 100w vipar burple. I have a buddy with a 100w MH that he would loan me. If I add that and some more thermal mass do you think that might help??
You'll get more heat and mixed spectrum off the MH. But I would use either just to add more light and heat.

Last edited: