Chief’s Den

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I love coco coir. You get the hang of it after a while. It usually becomes harder to keep them from drying out :)

Looking a lot better now. :) They are turning around flowering nice..

1 or 3 gallon pots will rock that size of tent. Something nice and short (for future pots). I have a pair of those tents and use one for growing and 1 as a dryer.

Chiefer888

76129B37-D5DB-460C-9FCB-CF23109F0C4B.jpegB78DE3F6-C20B-4C8E-BEBB-A755DBF9EFD8.jpeg

back row: Heavenly Hashplant by Bodhi, Cindy Haze Cream and Red Headded Stranger x CNC by @SSGrower
Front: Blood Orange x Sour Tangie and Sour Tangie F2 by @THT
It seems I am still having some salt building up on a couple of plants. It seems like the tangies might be sort of light feeders and during my last feed the hashplant runoff came out pretty high as well. The CNCs seem to be taking what I give them.

Chiefer888

D7620EDE-2BC7-4B07-805F-CC424FCC258E.jpeg
Flower development is coming along. I have been feeding until I get good runoff and checking effluent ppm. I’m using my runoff PPM to guide the strength of feeding for each plant, with a median PPM value that I would guess to be around 550. The two in front have been getting the lightest feeding 450ish and my runoff was around 50ppm higher than the input. The plant on the right has slowly been developing more chlorosis on the fan leaves. I am wondering if I’m on the right track with my lower strength feedings for this plant. Otherwise, I have a bit of yellowing on the lowers that I suspect is due to lower N in my my feedings. Thoughts??

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
View attachment 45759
Flower development is coming along. I have been feeding until I get good runoff and checking effluent ppm. I’m using my runoff PPM to guide the strength of feeding for each plant, with a median PPM value that I would guess to be around 550. The two in front have been getting the lightest feeding 450ish and my runoff was around 50ppm higher than the input. The plant on the right has slowly been developing more chlorosis on the fan leaves. I am wondering if I’m on the right track with my lower strength feedings for this plant. Otherwise, I have a bit of yellowing on the lowers that I suspect is due to lower N in my my feedings. Thoughts??
The ppm numbers are ok the plants in the front must have a lockout of some sort ( probably from not having a good runoff when feeding). You need to flush the media 3x the pot volume with plane PHed water should take care of the lock out. That plant will continue to worsen if not corrected. I would go ahead and do a GOOD flush on all of the plants and retry those ppm numbers which sound a little light for the stage they are in but a lot of that depends on your light source.

Chiefer888

The ppm numbers are ok the plants in the front must have a lockout of some sort ( probably from not having a good runoff when feeding). You need to flush the media 3x the pot volume with plane PHed water should take care of the lock out. That plant will continue to worsen if not corrected. I would go ahead and do a GOOD flush on all of the plants and retry those ppm numbers which sound a little light for the stage they are in but a lot of that depends on your light source.
Thanks for the advice, do you think I’d be better off using ph’d tap or ro with cal mag added to 150-200 ppm??

Chiefer888

12DD7446-BAD9-4B21-9477-12A73827E5E9.jpeg
found this on the Sour Tangie reveg. I snipped it off and inspected the plant. I thinned out a bit of lower new growth and a few fan levels to make it easier to keep an eye on. This plant has been stressed a lot so I am not too surprised.

Chiefer888

D5FB23AB-27AD-49A1-ADDA-3D8DFF52D0B8.jpeg
Well the two plants up front are still struggling. I flushed them last week (Tuesday I think) and followed up with a light feeding. They got a full strength feeding the other day, and are continuing to show deficiency or lockout symptoms. The one on the right has started throwing balls, I have done some lower growth pruning twice now to get rid of those that were there as well as some newer growth that I thought my potentially develop male bits. What do you guys think I should do for my next step?
@Capt C @macsnax @SSGrower @gwheels

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
View attachment 48103
Well the two plants up front are still struggling. I flushed them last week (Tuesday I think) and followed up with a light feeding. They got a full strength feeding the other day, and are continuing to show deficiency or lockout symptoms. The one on the right has started throwing balls, I have done some lower growth pruning twice now to get rid of those that were there as well as some newer growth that I thought my potentially develop male bits. What do you guys think I should do for my next step?
I’m certainly no expert, but I would try giving the bottom right plant a good dose of potassium.

SSGrower

Average Grower
View attachment 48103
Is the one on the left the reveg? Are you feeding any iron? Looks like the heavenly hash plant (the purple one?) might be slightly impacted.

Chiefer888

I’m certainly no expert, but I would try giving the bottom right plant a good dose of potassium.
I might up my amount of bloom nutes a bit if that will help I think I hit that plant with feed water at 575 ppm total last time. What range would you suggest?

Chiefer888

Is the one on the left the reveg? Are you feeding any iron? Looks like the heavenly hash plant (the purple one?) might be slightly impacted.
The one on the front right is the reveg, I have not added any additional iron other than what might be available in the bottle nutes. Should I be adding extra iron?

Last edited:

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
View attachment 48103
Looks like pH fluctuations to me. Almost everytime you see the saw blade tips sticking up like that, it's a pH issue. Check your runoff pH.

Chiefer888

Looks like pH fluctuations to me. Almost everytime you see the saw blade tips sticking up like that, it's a pH issue. Check your runoff pH.
I’ve been keeping my water around 6.1 for the most part but haven’t been checking runoff ph. I’ll give it a look when I water.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
I’ve been keeping my water around 6.1 for the most part but haven’t been checking runoff ph. I’ll give it a look when I water.
I would check just to make it isn't too far out of range. If runoff is out of range I would adjust your feed accordingly to get the runoff numbers in range as well. Too high/low and you're missing elements.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I might up my amount of bloom nutes a bit if that will help I think I hit that plant with feed water at 575 ppm total last time. What range would you suggest?
I don’t know jack about PPM, although in my reading I think guys are up around 1000 PPM for Flower? I would try a full strength flower feed at your products’ recommendation.