Chief’s Den

Chiefer888

I figured it’s about time that I create a spot to capture my grows. I am currently working with a 20x36 inch tent and a Mars Hydro sp150 (132 watt, QB style) light. I have an extraction fan running continuously. My temps are 72 with lights on and 61 with lights off. I am working on upping my lights out temperatures with basic approaches. I added 1 cu/ft of river stone to the base of my tent and may add some water jugs to increase thermal mass. I am also trying to slightly increase the air temperatures outside of the tent during lights out. Humidity is currently around 70 when watered dropping to the 55ish when they are ready for a drink. I am using 1 gallon fabric pots with coco, and GH trio nutes with bloom city cal mag, and occasion root riot (humic, fulvic, kelp).

I am a relative newbie and am open to feedback, especially when it offers constructive opportunities for me to improve on my grow or betters my understanding of the physiology of caring for plants. I have to thank @macsnax and @SSGrower as well as others for their guidance thus far.

Currently I have @THT ‘s blood orange x sour Tangie (x2), and a revegged sour Tangie f2, @SSGrower ‘s Oregon Huckleberry x cnc (x2), and a revegged Cindy Haze Cream, as well as two of Bodhi’s Heavenly Hashplants. B12DD6B8-30C0-408B-8463-81B5F8AF1348.jpeg

Last edited:

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I figured it’s about time that I create a spot to capture my grows. I am currently working with a 20x36 inch tent and a Mars Hydro sp150 (132 watt, QB style) light. I have an extraction fan running continuously. My temps are 72 with lights on and 61 with lights off. I am working on upping my lights out temperatures with basic approaches. I added 1 cu/ft of river stone to the base of my tent and may add some water jugs to increase thermal mass. I am also trying to slightly increase the air temperatures outside of the tent during lights out. Humidity is currently around 70 when watered dropping to the 55ish when they are ready for a drink. I am using 1 gallon fabric pots with coco, and GH trio nutes with bloom city cal mag, and occasion root riot (humic, fulvic, kelp).

I am a relative newbie and am open to feedback, especially when it offers constructive opportunities for me to improve on my grow or betters my understanding of the physiology of caring for plants. I have to thank @macsnax and @SSGrower as well as others for their guidance thus far.

Currently I have @THT ‘s blood orange x sour Tangie (x2), and a revegged sour Tangie f2, @SSGrower ‘s Oregon Huckleberry x cnc (x2), and a revegged Cindy Haze Cream, as well as two of Bodhi’s Heavenly Hashplants. View attachment 36908
Hello @Chiefer888 , Not sure why but those girls look unhappy. First glance says to much water or not enough water. Also might have something else surfacing with the light colored edges on some of the leaves. That is going to be a tent full of goodness it looks like.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Hello @Chiefer888 , Not sure why but those girls look unhappy. First glance says to much water or not enough water. Also might have something else surfacing with the light colored edges on some of the leaves. That is going to be a tent full of goodness it looks like.
I agree. Something not quite right.

@Chiefer888, welcome! Are you pH’ing your water after the nutrients have been added?

Chiefer888

I’ve had that going on for a bit, it seems to be improving. I am trying to get my watering routine dialed in a little better. I think that one issue I have had is that I don’t water until runoff frequently enough. With the fabric pots I was seeing the felt material start to saturate before I was seeing runoff. I have popped a couple of holes in the bottom of the containers (at the suggestion of @SSGrower).

Chiefer888

I agree. Something not quite right.

@Chiefer888, welcome! Are you pH’ing your water after the nutrients have been added?
I do check my pH frequently after adding nutrients. I rarely have to make any adjustments with RO water it seems to land in the 6.1 to 5.9 range mostly. That being said I do need to recalibrate. I tried the other night and got an error, not sure why that happened.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
We

I have about 20%-25% perlite in there. I think I could benefit from maybe having more perlite in the mix. It doesn’t seem like my drainage is as good as I’d like it to be.
Ya I went to straight coco this run and have noticed a big dif, at least until planned get some feet under them. Try to focus on giving your plants just enough feed to get through to the next day and ditch the runoff thing until they get more thirsty.

Chiefer888

I started watching your thread when i posted earlier but i did not get any notice on the new posts for some reason . I did want to ask you what size pots you are using and how often are you irrigating? Your in good hands with the Macsnax.
1 gallon fabric pots, irrigating every 2-3 days. I am going to try to feed smaller volumes more frequently according to Mac’s suggestion. One question I do have is if I need to be concerned about salt buildup with this strategy? On a side note I am thinking of covering the top my media with something to reduce the tent humidity. I have river stone that I could use otherwise I might make shrouds out of fabric or plastic.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
I started watching your thread when i posted earlier but i did not get any notice on the new posts for some reason . I did want to ask you what size pots you are using and how often are you irrigating? Your in good hands with the Macsnax.
Dude I was just typing an @ post for you. Because I know you know coco pretty damn good. I talked to chiefer a couple weeks ago about his plants. And while they look better there's still something off. See the p def on the lowers? What do you see here?

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
Just a rookie theory based off some reading but if your in coco perlite mix and watering every 2 to 3 days in 1 gallon pots id guess your coco is way high on salts, if feeding and then getting a good dry out then not watering till you get good runoff could be concentrating nutes in the medium, especially if the ladies are drinking a lot and not eating much. I was under the impression it is really hard to overwater in good coco, but hell im still a rookie too, may try a good flush then start watering more to keep your ec more stable in the rootzone, again just an educated guess lol

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Just a rookie theory based off some reading but if your in coco perlite mix and watering every 2 to 3 days in 1 gallon pots id guess your coco is way high on salts, if feeding and then getting a good dry out then not watering till you get good runoff could be concentrating nutes in the medium, especially if the ladies are drinking a lot and not eating much. I was under the impression it is really hard to overwater in good coco, but hell im still a rookie too, may try a good flush then start watering more to keep your ec more stable in the rootzone, again just an educated guess lol
I’m a rookie too but best I’ve found reading is a big flush and go from there

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
1 gallon fabric pots, irrigating every 2-3 days. I am going to try to feed smaller volumes more frequently according to Mac’s suggestion. One question I do have is if I need to be concerned about salt buildup with this strategy? On a side note I am thinking of covering the top my media with something to reduce the tent humidity. I have river stone that I could use otherwise I might make shrouds out of fabric or plastic.
Man those cloth pots look bigger than 1 gallon but i will take your word on it. You really need to get a good 20% runoff with that mix or you are asking for a build up and lock out. It is really hard to over water in coco but those plants sure look over watered not just by the droopy look to the plant the leaves seem to have raised ripples on the leaf surface. Any chance this could be light shock? Have they recently been introduced to a new light?