CBD? Who would have ever thought I would have wanted pot that doesn't get you stoned?

printer

Super Active Member
The only other plant that I’ve seen red like that was one or two by J. James.
I had some 2700k light bulbs without the bulb firing at the side of the plant, almost a vertical grow. I probably had too much leaf mass, some of the buds that were shielded from it still needs time to finish. But I did not know what to expect from the plant so I just let it do its thing.

I had a temporary line strung up to hang the tops I cut off. I had it clamped to a doorway and a cabinet. Was fine with the Dinamed, added the CW and watched a movie. Part way through I here something fall, the doorway molding was not flat and the weight of the CW pulled everything down. I was really pissed as I had bits of coco and stuff on the floor, pretty sure the sticky bud picked some of it up. Not a real big deal as I want to make concentrate or something with it. The lungs are not happy vaping all that much.

I really hope that I end up with some feminized seeds off of the big plants. I also pollinated the smaller plant but I think it is smaller because of its traits rather than for other reasons. Also hop not much thc in the big plants. But I have my 50 plant experiment going on and who knows what I will get out of it? I really need to build more lights.

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
I had some 2700k light bulbs without the bulb firing at the side of the plant, almost a vertical grow. I probably had too much leaf mass, some of the buds that were shielded from it still needs time to finish. But I did not know what to expect from the plant so I just let it do its thing.

I had a temporary line strung up to hang the tops I cut off. I had it clamped to a doorway and a cabinet. Was fine with the Dinamed, added the CW and watched a movie. Part way through I here something fall, the doorway molding was not flat and the weight of the CW pulled everything down. I was really pissed as I had bits of coco and stuff on the floor, pretty sure the sticky bud picked some of it up. Not a real big deal as I want to make concentrate or something with it. The lungs are not happy vaping all that much.

I really hope that I end up with some feminized seeds off of the big plants. I also pollinated the smaller plant but I think it is smaller because of its traits rather than for other reasons. Also hop not much thc in the big plants. But I have my 50 plant experiment going on and who knows what I will get out of it? I really need to build more lights.
i'll take notes!

printer

Super Active Member
Finished getting myself out of Trim Jail, I still have to do some of the lower portion of the plants I am giving more time under light rather than as they had been, hiding in the shadows. My sister said she went over to a woman's house who she worked on some projects, said there was branches of weed everywhere. Sort of looks like it here.

I took a couple of picture of the up and coming plants in soil. I was bad and was tardy at watering them. Not used to soil and misjudged the weight. They recovered though.

While watering a ladybug took flight. I brought it in a while ago and did not expect to be kicking around. Good for it. I still have to tie up some branches of the trimmed plants. Squeezed them and another couple of the vegging Dinamed, managed to turn off 500W. Should cool down the room for a while. That is until I get the above plants in there. The earlier planted plants in the picture above already has a male showing hie wares. I have a feeling things will get interesting after I repot all of there. Maybe in a couple of weeks. Maybe by that time I can get the rest of the house cleaned up.

Most of the plants look well, there are a few that are shorter and darker in color. Other than that I do not see any indication which I should prefer over the other.

printer

Super Active Member
Thought this would be an interesting picture. You never know what kind of thief in the night is around but from what I know, mommy and daddy were the same between the two. Should be the Dinamed x Cherry Wine cross. There is a range of variation in the bunch I am growing but not anywhere close to these two. Now if one will one a male and the other female that might explain some of it if the stretched one is a male. Need to re-pot the little one soon.

printer

Super Active Member
Time for me to shit or get off the pot (he, he, he) with these. Get some clones and put them in flower.

The foreground has a couple more females, the males are in the tent.

printer

Super Active Member
Managed to tidy up the flower overflow area and put the taller plants there. Going to have to reshuffle my wood I have stored there. Serious lack of space.

And my flower 'room' got the shorter ones.

The males are in the veg tent, going to have to collect the pollen and figure out what to do with them. Since they have no qualms of producing pollen under 24 hr light cycle I have no idea how people keep males going without the risk of them accidentally pollinating other plants. Can you re-veg them like females and keep them growing normally until needed again to provide their manly duties? Mind you, they have always been in veg, so not like they can be re-veg'd. Or is the pollen they produce any good since they have always been in veg?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Nice! Looks like lots of work. Once you ask about pollen I'm tapping out. A few people have mentioned that boys that toss pollen before you want them to are not the best to keep. Maybe that's the reason?

printer

Super Active Member
Nice! Looks like lots of work. Once you ask about pollen I'm tapping out. A few people have mentioned that boys that toss pollen before you want them to are not the best to keep. Maybe that's the reason?
I have read some of that, usually said by a guy who heard it from a guy and without a difinitive "why". But it usually is in a context of wanting to have higher THC. Id that valid for a cross of two CBD plants? Also the selection of a male also says a multitude of balls may give offspring that can have females with lots of flower. The one plant has balls in spades.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have read some of that, usually said by a guy who heard it from a guy and without a difinitive "why". But it usually is in a context of wanting to have higher THC. Id that valid for a cross of two CBD plants? Also the selection of a male also says a multitude of balls may give offspring that can have females with lots of flower. The one plant has balls in spades.
Like I said - no pollen in my tents on purpose. I have no clue about the finer points of breeding other than what I have read. I just meant that your observation about the male dropping pollen in veg might be the simple connection between the 'telephone game' of not keeping those males, and the actual science of "there's pollen when you don't want it" that makes sense.

I had always associated that with having two or three males in a tent if one popped early yank it - you want the others. I never connected it to keeping males.

printer

Super Active Member
Collected some pollen and trashed the early males. Took cuttings from the other plants and stuck them in Jiffy plugs. Pretty scrawny as I did not top the plants and get some branches going. I wanted to see what they would do on their own. Hope they take.

printer

Super Active Member
Mostly girls so far but still early.

One for sure boy. Was debating to keep this one because of this leaf. Might have been a good thing.

A male in the smaller plants.

The two on the left are Carl's Shoes x Meat Breath.

The Dinamed might not have liked the rise in temperature will all the lights on. Changed the airflow and it is cooler now. Had some of the last run this morning. Nothing for frost, reminds me of 70's weed. But it did reduce my symptoms to a certain extent. Trimmed some of the Cherry Wine this morning, going to have to keep the lighter going to keep it lit.

printer

Super Active Member
I thought just for kicks I would pollinate a branch on the early female plants and I found something on one branch that has me concerned. Will have to give it a little more time to see for sure if this is a male part.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I thought just for kicks I would pollinate a branch on the early female plants and I found something on one branch that has me concerned. Will have to give it a little more time to see for sure if this is a male part.

You don't have to do a thing - it'll pollenate itself ;)

printer

Super Active Member
About 24 females, three guys. Rather than guess at which male to use or grow the females to find out which one has CBD and low THC before pollinating it I marked off three branches on each and gave each a shot of the different male's love juice. Color coded, orange, yellow and blue for the corresponding male. I did not get a chance to do little shorty, in one of the pictures above, not ready to get splashed yet.