CBD? Who would have ever thought I would have wanted pot that doesn't get you stoned?

printer

Super Active Member
Oh it pains me how much I have fallen. The bug extermination wiped out all but three of my plants, the ones left were not doing to much. As long as I got some seeds off them it would be ok. I had three different CBD types and a THC plant (that I didn't go after the bugs as they did not seem to like it much), ended up with two seeds from the CBD plant and the THC plant gave me 60 so far. I pollenatred it with the CBD pollen from the three strains on different branches, figured it could not hurt to see what it gives me. I only harvested from one branch of the THC one, good thing as I might have thought the pollen was no good. Maybe do the rest today.

The CBD ones are pretty much toast but they do have a touch of new growth on the ends of some branches. I may bother with repollenating the one and hoping it pulls through enough to spit our a seed. I do have a clone that managed to live of one of the other strains, this one when it is gone that is it. I did get some cherry Wine seeds in last week and I am hoping they will be more productive than these were. I am teetering on tossing this one and chalking it up as a learning experience. Hate to see half a year go down the drain. Maybe smear some more pollen one more time on it for old time sake.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Oh it pains me how much I have fallen. The bug extermination wiped out all but three of my plants, the ones left were not doing to much. As long as I got some seeds off them it would be ok. I had three different CBD types and a THC plant (that I didn't go after the bugs as they did not seem to like it much), ended up with two seeds from the CBD plant and the THC plant gave me 60 so far. I pollenatred it with the CBD pollen from the three strains on different branches, figured it could not hurt to see what it gives me. I only harvested from one branch of the THC one, good thing as I might have thought the pollen was no good. Maybe do the rest today.

The CBD ones are pretty much toast but they do have a touch of new growth on the ends of some branches. I may bother with repollenating the one and hoping it pulls through enough to spit our a seed. I do have a clone that managed to live of one of the other strains, this one when it is gone that is it. I did get some cherry Wine seeds in last week and I am hoping they will be more productive than these were. I am teetering on tossing this one and chalking it up as a learning experience. Hate to see half a year go down the drain. Maybe smear some more pollen one more time on it for old time sake.

I’d say they’re too far gone. Don’t waste your pollen.

save it for your next grow.

printer

Super Active Member
I’d say they’re too far gone. Don’t waste your pollen.

save it for your next grow.
Probably a good thing they were that far, dug into the THC one that coughed up the seeds, full of aphid eggs, same as the other ones. If the plants had much life in them they might have hatched and grown up to be big and strong. I did get four real CBD seeds, that the THC plant gives me will be interesting. The two that I planted before is matching your Dub's for growth. Those and H's seeds are showing how well plants should grow. The CBD seeds I had were said to be more difficult to grow, I couldn't see how hard it could be to grow a plant. I see now they were pretty temperamental. They did have a lovely smell and flavor though. I still got the one clone that made it through. And with the Cherry Wine I am hoping to right all the wrongs I have done up to now.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Probably a good thing they were that far, dug into the THC one that coughed up the seeds, full of aphid eggs, same as the other ones. If the plants had much life in them they might have hatched and grown up to be big and strong. I did get four real CBD seeds, that the THC plant gives me will be interesting. The two that I planted before is matching your Dub's for growth. Those and H's seeds are showing how well plants should grow. The CBD seeds I had were said to be more difficult to grow, I couldn't see how hard it could be to grow a plant. I see now they were pretty temperamental. They did have a lovely smell and flavor though. I still got the one clone that made it through. And with the Cherry Wine I am hoping to right all the wrongs I have done up to now.
Once you set up a decent environment for them, they go crazy. Do you have a tent?

printer

Super Active Member
Once you set up a decent environment for them, they go crazy. Do you have a tent?
I made a 2x4 for veg, I sort of extended a closet with a few 2x3's and some paneling. Not the most convenient space in layout but it sort of grew. Something like first having a 14" boat, then a bigger one, then a bigger one...

I never posted any pictures of it. Maybe I should post a few pictures of my cobbled together playpen. So it started with a closet in a room in the basement, kind of a low ceiling also. Knowing that would hardly do I looked around, I had a door, so I extended out the space the width of the door.

Which really was not that bad but it was deeper than wide and I always had to move around plants to get to the back ones. So I moved the wall and added a couple feet to it. So the extension of the closet is now 4' wide by 5' long. I have some 2x2's with wire mesh in case I wanted to grow vertical.Never did yet, still just cobbling lights together as the plant count grows.

Tried some Ebay Led chip modules, stuck them on heatsinks, powered from test equipment power supplies and whatever I threw together.

But I figured I should make a veg tent, I also thought I could make it to act as a humidity chamber to humidify dried out acoustic guitars. That is why the upper and lower sections. Great in theory, have not really practiced it yet though. Poly around some 2x2's, Dollar Store beach mats as the reflective material. Bought all together probably worth getting a tent but I had the stuff other than beach mats.

printer

Super Active Member
Making the veg tent I was at the Dollar Store (two blocks from my place) and they had Led light bulbs on, four for four bucks. Shoot, can't get much cheaper than that, other than needing light bulb sockets. The sockets cost twice the cost of the bulbs. Of course being a handy guy and knowing a thing or two of electronics I looked into what was inside the bulbs. What if I put them on a rail for a heatsink and blow air through them? Keep the lights cooler and more efficient, the tent cooler, just a little work.

Got the aluminum rails from work, we went to a different style of curtain and these were scrap. Of course I tool them all and afterward other people wanted them also. See, one guy sees value in something... Anyway, mounted them up, realized they had two different styles, different wattage to them also. I drilled the rails, mounted them then soldered up the bulbs (are they called bulbs anymore now) heat shrunk and, well made electrically safe. The light producing side has exposed 120V contacts, I insulated them with electrical grade silicone. Three rails should do it in the tent. sealed up the open part of the channel, ready to blow air through them.

But first,

Actually worked not bad. I never intend to, but just like weeds one more popped up, then another, next thing you know they replaced the cobbled together lights I had.

I just made a frame of 2x2's (hey, they really are handy) and mounted the rails to it.

I need to change the arrangement for this grow, you try something and realize, "this would be better", small steps.

Almost forgot to mention. The veg bulbs were 5K and the flower were 3k with a string of 2.7 k thrown in. The Dollar Store managers were probably wondering why they had a run on their bulbs.

I had a bunch of plants started and you know they get bigger and were getting a little crowded. I have a hard time tossing a good plant so I did what I refereed to as my 'patio seating'. A couple extra rails (and 2x2's) and power bar. Can't have too many of them. The extra screw in bulbs was for a beer cup grow, I wanted to see what I could do with one.

But that is another post. Aw heck,

Last edited:

printer

Super Active Member
The right two are a Starry Night cross with a CBD plant. The others are Cherry Wine. The left front one did not want to pop up out of the ground so I dug it out, not sure if it will take.

DubGum in the front, Starry Night cross with hopefully CBD in the rear along with the Dinamed CBD plant. I used pollen from the outside plant which had unknown origin to dust one branch, don't think I got it on this one. The DubGum had the tops Fimmed so not a true representation of how those leave would have looked. Transplanting them all today.

printer

Super Active Member
Need to flip my plants but I wanted to redo my light mounting. I made a quick frame out of 2x2's and hung the rails off it using string. Just temporary as I was always one step behind back then. I finally said today was the day and spent too much time on it. At least I did it right this time. I have the plants on a bench and the lights are adjustable all the way up so with the plants on the floor I should be able to manage anything. I have not spent any time pruning the poor plants, hopefully with them at a handy level that will happen more quality time with them. Old ST1r's Dubgum sitting in the front row. My have the grown. We will see how they will stretch.

printer

Super Active Member
I moved the above lights to the right and added four strips along the back. Better coverage and another spot of useful space. I see I unplugged one strip, will get to it. I have to tidy up some cables anyway.

And to the right I have the closet space covered with one extra plant not in the picture.

I have them on a cheap mechanical timer and the amount of power is about at its limit. I am going to put the lights on a relay with the timer controlling it. I did buy a coup,le of Bluetooth controlled relays but they have to be programed on my tablet, still have to sort that out.

printer

Super Active Member
Ended up with two female and two Dubgums, sorry boys, out you go.

Moved the remaining plants over and added a couple of light strips. They will need more room after they stretch but for now I can run one less bank of lights.

printer

Super Active Member
The Dubgum are looking good. I managed to collect some pollen and chucked the plants before they accidentally managed to get to my plants on their own. Sealed them up just in case when the garbage truck comes by somehow the pollen gets out. Really unhappy about my last yer's outdoor plants being pollinated and ruining the smoke. I tried what I might with the stuff and it is not worth the bother. I brushed on some pollen to a lower branch on both, I never harvested a plant and let the seeds develop also. Hope I don't fuck it up.

And there the cross I did with a THC plant and some CBD pollen. It seems easy to stress it, missed a day watering and some leaves got crispy. But otherwise it is looking good. No idea what it will produce, just starting to smell a little.

printer

Super Active Member
How many female Dubgums did you end up with?

They are starting to stack up nicely!
Two, I did four seeds and they split evenly. They are some nice plants, the pictures are not doing them justice. Really excited about them,

I have had some bad luck (in other words I don't know what I did wrong) with four of my Cherry Wine seeds, out of the six seeds planted I have a male and female out of it. The male dumped a little pollen yesterday and I did a branch of the Dinafem CBD/Starry Night cross in the above lower picture. For the heck of it I will probably do a few bud sites of your plant with the Cherry Wine pollen. Might take the Dubgum in the opposite direction you took it but if I could get a CBD plant that grows as well as yours I would be more than happy. After a few generations, who knows? I am getting a whole bunch of Dinafem CBD clones going for my next run, after that I want to try some of the other seeds you sent me. I may have to build up some more lights.

printer

Super Active Member
The Heisenbean plants are doing fine.

OldSR1R's plants are trying to squeeze out the H plants. They are filling out nicely and plucking off the dead lower leaves had a nice smell left on my arm. Both strains are beating the seeds I bought.

The mystery pollen seeds that I collected from my outdoor plant is doing pretty good. Not a great smell to them, it will be interesting what they end up like. The pictures of the three plants are not doing them justice but I don't have the time right now but I wanted to get a picture of where they are at right now.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
The Heisenbean plants are doing fine.

OldSR1R's plants are trying to squeeze out the H plants. They are filling out nicely and plucking off the dead lower leaves had a nice smell left on my arm. Both strains are beating the seeds I bought.

The mystery pollen seeds that I collected from my outdoor plant is doing pretty good. Not a great smell to them, it will be interesting what they end up like. The pictures of the three plants are not doing them justice but I don't have the time right now but I wanted to get a picture of where they are at right now.

Lookin damn fine, man!

printer

Super Active Member
Lookin damn fine, man!
I would say thanks, but it is more the other way around. The only thing I have to complain about your seeds though is you have to work on bulking up the stalk. I had to wire up a bunch of branches because the tops are bending them down out of the light. I know, first world problems. I get the feeling I will have to do it some more before they are ready to come down.

The camera was on the wrong setting it seems, macro is best for anything six feet or closer. I snapped a picture of this one, peaking up out of the trash I have sitting on my deck. I pulled it up and there was barely anything for roots, mind you it only had a few leaves from last year to feed on. I potted it and want to see what it will do with some real food.

I tossed the outdoor plants as they were just infested with aphid larva. I did want to see what they would give me but part of the reason for them was to see if they would get pollinated this year like last year. They did so I am done with outdoor growing. Mind you, I have two plants from the same seeds indoors and one plant is outdoing what a half dozen of the outdoor plans have on them.