CBD? Who would have ever thought I would have wanted pot that doesn't get you stoned?

printer

Super Active Member
Well it looks like the bugs are gone. But dunking them left an oily sheen on them. This morning I checked and a number of bottom leaves were turning crispy. I got a bucket of soapy water and dunked them inside and then into a fresh water bucket. I hope they come back without too much damage. Crossing my fingers.

printer

Super Active Member
Well, it looked like a few of them should have spilled their guts but no sprinkling of the good stuff. So I plucked one and looked uner a handheld microscope I got for looking at plants in flower. I little too much magnification but it works. For looking at what is inside the pod, about right. The look like granulated sugar that are partly melted into each other. And a lot of them. So I hope things are going right. I guess I can check in a couple more days.

printer

Super Active Member
So no change, a couple of pods fell off but no spilled guts. I opened up one of them, separated a section of the pod. I used masking tape to hold one ise of the strand then checked which side of the strand had the pollen on it. I then brushed that side on some stigma on one branch of a THC plant that is ready, willing and hopefully able. I am thinking of trying it again in a day or two. Thankfully my THC mothers are a few weeks behind. I have the outdoor plant that gave me seeds producing a few males, I might take the pollen from them and do a different branch. I am figuring they still have a few days to go before they spill out their wares. Sill would like to see the reversed females kick up some dust so to speak.

printer

Super Active Member
Well the one plant dropped some pods and 'stuff' which was narrow and maybe half the length of the pods. I have some aluminum pie plates under each plant, above the pot. I cut a slot in the pie plate to slide it over to the middle. I swept the stuff together with an artist paintbrush and looked at it with my microscope. Clumps of pollen. So I just mopped it up with the paint brush and wiped it all over some of the stigma which I painted with the other pollen. I have room for one more strain on it, we will see which plant wins out.

printer

Super Active Member
Plants are not doing too good, they still haven't died yet. My method for getting rid of the root aphids worked. But it killed off all but two of my plants. These are looking kind of ratty, at least they still have a little bit of green giving me hope they might pull through. I have not had much luck with high CBD plants, actually not too much luck with any

I have seeds from my outdoor plants. It seems the other two plants also got pollinated. The plant was a 1:1 ratio CBD, no idea on the father. So I have two batches of mystery seeds to play with and am going to grow them out just for kicks. I collected some of the pollen from two male plants just in case somehow I got luck with these.

I have the seeds from the other plant sprouting right now so they will be a little behind the ones above..

printer

Super Active Member
This is a female plant I reversed. I did not get much in the way of pollen, thought it was a late bloomer of sorts. Took a pod and looked into it and found, not much of anything. Not sure what to think or where this plant is going from here. I lost all the others of the strain, do I keep growing it? I am so confused. Why can't things just go simply in life for me? I really don't need any more, 'Well, that is interesting now, isn't it?"

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I think reversing is an advanced technique and takes some me practice and isn’t “easy”. It looks like you’ve done great so far. The plant in the pictures look like it needs more time since many of the male flowers look like they haven’t opened yet. Give it some more time is what I would do.

What do you plan on hitting with the pollen?

printer

Super Active Member
This was a Dinamed CBD, I am not sure but I have a clone that I took off one of the rest that died on me. It is either the Dinamed or it is a Genehtik Medizinal CBD . With the silver, from what I have been reading I had too much current going when I was making it and too big a particle size. I did another run and the solution looks more like I have seen used. Like anything you don't know, a learning experience. I did want to try different crosses but right now I am just hoping I get some seeds off of it. If not I'll just give it a try again. After all, there is only so many mistakes I can do.

You mentioned the CBD thread, where is it?

printer

Super Active Member
I have a THC plant that I used as a, 'what is it going to hurt' experiment. I brushed it with pollen from the outdoor plant I had unexpectedly found seeds in, also with two feminized CBD plants I reversed. The CBD plants did not produce powdery pollen like the outdoor male but in clumps. I did not know if they were viable so I used this plant to test it. This is the only plant I did not dunk to get rid of the aphids as they ignored it, it did not have normal leaves due to monster cropping the clone. It sat for months and finally decided to grow again. I marked the different branches with colored pipe cleaners according to the pollen it got.

I was thrilled to find that it had what looks to me like seeds starting to grow.

I am pretty happy to see that it worked, my success rate with growing has not been that high. Beside the plant in the first picture I have a CBD clone that almost did not make it so even if the other plants do not deliver I can start again with this one. And speaking of the seeds from the outdoor plant, the males went into pollen production before the plants had more than a half dozen leaves on them. I thought that strange as the females were in no way ready to receive the pollen, nature looks like it is getting it wrong this time. But today I see some of the females of these outdoor seeds throwing up pistils. But the plants are only 6-8" tall and I have them on a 16/8 light cycle. I would have thought they would remain in veg. And not just one plant but four of them. This is the talest one in the group shot of the six above.

So I am guessing I should keep the lights on them for 24 hours. They are too small to even produce popcorn buds. I want to grow them out big enough to see what a full size plant would produce. Learning weird shit every day it seems.

printer

Super Active Member
I took some advice and will see what it gives me. The seeds are in coco with roughly half strength nutes. The lights are about 50W and a little closer than when I started the earlier plants. The seeds that came from my 1:1 CBD-THC plant that got pollinated without my approval (tried smoking it last night, need to smoke a lot more to deal with the pain. Not great but won't be throwing it out) were sprouted a couple of days before the new sprouts of the mystery seeds. So roughly the same start date, let us find out what turns out. I couldn't fit any more cups in my cloner, will have more room once the males pop up. No to see how they take to the changes.

printer

Super Active Member
Well they are back. The aphids. It is a good thing I checked, some were already trying to take wing. Fuck, I hat the little guys. I tossed out the two reversed plants. The other four I examined them as much as possible picking off any I found. Probably will spray them with some insecticide. I am hesitant on doing it, the plants are in rough shape but it seems like they have been pollinated. So as long as I can keep them alive until they finish I will be great.

I am guessing all the rest will have to go at that time otherwise they will just move on to the new plants. At that point I will dump all the media in pans and bake them in the oven. I am guessing that is where these ones came from when I repotted. Who knows, in spring I am more than likely getting a yard of soil and growing in it. I'll be backing that shit also. So much for microbes.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I would bleach the shit out of that entire room. If you keep a constant rotation going then I'd take a short break in the cycle so you can clean the whole room and get rid of them.

printer

Super Active Member
I would bleach the shit out of that entire room. If you keep a constant rotation going then I'd take a short break in the cycle so you can clean the whole room and get rid of them.
That is the only purpose for these plants. To get the seeds off them so I can stop growing for a period of time. I had the other plants in my veg tent have a bunch of winged ones and I sprayed them down and they are gone (for now). But these are not all that healthy and I am nervous about spraying them. I will do it today, I just didn't look well enough the other day.

printer

Super Active Member
Mosquito dunks on Amazon and put it in your water, it will kill them. Thank Jesse James for that tip!!
I have heard that before. I just looked up why I didn't pursue it at the time. Home Depot have them for $34.98 for a six pack with $14.95 shipping. I found a cheaper one $14.95 ans $12.55 shipping. I think HD really wants to take advantage of us.