CBD Pic Thread

Lrn2Yield

I have a few cbd rich plants that I just recently put into flower .. I started 3 of cbdcrews - cbd critical mass, two look similar (one just a big bigger then the other) and one an odd ball. Two of the three grew noticeably slower, and wonder if this is a trait of cbd. I will have them tested when they finish, so time will tell.

i will keep you guys updated If interested. I have cbd shark by cbdcrew as well waiting their turn.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Here is the Suzy Q now. Due to the slower growth, I decided to not top it again. Rather, I’m employing a little LST on her. She’s only about 8 inches tall so far. I think I’ll veg her as tall as I can in my veg tent before I put her into flower. That would put her about 16” tall before the stretch. My feeling is she won’t stretch much in flower?

FD16257E-1B38-4A4F-816C-6C8EEB485B14.jpeg08B7FDAB-E4FE-4880-B4F1-91B76AC707AA.jpeg

GetOffMyNutes

CBD Yoda
Here is the Suzy Q now. Due to the slower growth, I decided to not top it again. Rather, I’m employing a little LST on her. She’s only about 8 inches tall so far. I think I’ll veg her as tall as I can in my veg tent before I put her into flower. That would put her about 16” tall before the stretch. My feeling is she won’t stretch much in flower?

View attachment 77888View attachment 77889
Looking Green , Mean and Healthy though.... can't wait to see what buds she will bring to the table.

I will post my updates later on. I got some short squat ones and a couple really tall one's as well

Skunkle Justin

I have a few cbd rich plants that I just recently put into flower .. I started 3 of cbdcrews - cbd critical mass, two look similar (one just a big bigger then the other) and one an odd ball. Two of the three grew noticeably slower, and wonder if this is a trait of cbd. I will have them tested when they finish, so time will tell.

i will keep you guys updated If interested. I have cbd shark by cbdcrew as well waiting their turn.
I definitely think that hemp is a little more...wonky than the high THC plants we are seeing nowadays. There’s been a lot of great folks putting a lot of work into stabilizing those genetics over the years and hemp plants are unfortunately way behind in those efforts. There just hasn’t been the same return in investment with CBD rich plants until fairly recently. I’m sure it’ll catch up eventually and we’ll start seeing the faster growing phenotypes in hemp that we’ve been looking for and selectively breeding for in our Marijuana plants

GetOffMyNutes

CBD Yoda
I definitely think that hemp is a little more...wonky than the high THC plants we are seeing nowadays. There’s been a lot of great folks putting a lot of work into stabilizing those genetics over the years and hemp plants are unfortunately way behind in those efforts. There just hasn’t been the same return in investment with CBD rich plants until fairly recently. I’m sure it’ll catch up eventually and we’ll start seeing the faster growing phenotypes in hemp that we’ve been looking for and selectively breeding for in our Marijuana plants
There is some truth to that, and Cbd strains are not geared for the recreational market and don't get you high. However, it is top dawg in the medical side and is a real life changer. It doesn't have any cool designer strains flooding the market but alot more breeders are throwing in high CBD crosses in their arsenal.
This year had been a testament to me for hemp. I got Covid back in early March and was sick for about 4.5 months. Nothing The drs gave me would touch that shit , nothing. I read about high CBD Hemp and gave it a shot. Within a couple minutes the CBD flower sliced through me Nausea, depression and headaches like a hot knife through butter. I have some medical ailments that it kicks to sleep , literally. I was only getting maybe 1 hour of sleep at a time at night since 2008. Between, reflux, anxiety attacks , nightmares and sleep apnea, I hated going to bed each night never knowing what was going to hit me first. Now I toke my CBD each night and I can get 6 to 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. No more anxiety attacks, nightmares or apnea. Cbd also gave me my energy and strength back mixed with a nice Vitamin intake each day , I got my life back.
100% believer here. I am going to make some of my own crosses to add some THC to get the full entourage effect. I got some pollen chucking projects coming real soon!!!!

Skunkle Justin

There is some truth to that, and Cbd strains are not geared for the recreational market and don't get you high. However, it is top dawg in the medical side and is a real life changer. It doesn't have any cool designer strains flooding the market but alot more breeders are throwing in high CBD crosses in their arsenal.
This year had been a testament to me for hemp. I got Covid back in early March and was sick for about 4.5 months. Nothing The drs gave me would touch that shit , nothing. I read about high CBD Hemp and gave it a shot. Within a couple minutes the CBD flower sliced through me Nausea, depression and headaches like a hot knife through butter. I have some medical ailments that it kicks to sleep , literally. I was only getting maybe 1 hour of sleep at a time at night since 2008. Between, reflux, anxiety attacks , nightmares and sleep apnea, I hated going to bed each night never knowing what was going to hit me first. Now I toke my CBD each night and I can get 6 to 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. No more anxiety attacks, nightmares or apnea. Cbd also gave me my energy and strength back mixed with a nice Vitamin intake each day , I got my life back.
100% believer here. I am going to make some of my own crosses to add some THC to get the full entourage effect. I got some pollen chucking projects coming real soon!!!!
I just started mixing 50-50 hemp and THC flower in my smoke and I’ll probably never stop. It makes the high much better, the medicinal effects set in deeper and it simply works way way better. CBD is the true magic behind this plant and the THC will only make it work more efficiently.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Glad to hear it has helped you that much. I take it for arthritis and it works wonders!

Lrn2Yield

Here’s a shot of my cbd critical mass a day past three weeks of flower. These had a quick veg, looking for a potential keeper. This pheno is stacking nice so far, and showing some early frost. It’s little leafy but my soil had a touch too much nitrogen from the start, so hoping I can change that next time around.

Looks like you can find some 1:1 2:1 phenotypes in these plants ranging from 5-10% in both cbd and thc. Would love to find 10% cbd to about 8% thc.

108161BA-DBEE-471A-9C20-4C4EE317E491.jpeg

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Here’s a shot of my cbd critical mass a day past three weeks of flower. These had a quick veg, looking for a potential keeper. This pheno is stacking nice so far, and showing some early frost. It’s little leafy but my soil had a touch too much nitrogen from the start, so hoping I can change that next time around.

Looks like you can find some 1:1 2:1 phenotypes in these plants ranging from 5-10% in both cbd and thc. Would love to find 10% cbd to about 8% thc.

View attachment 78168
That’s fantastic for three weeks!

Lrn2Yield

Thanks man, I'm really liking what I'm seeing of it so far. They were mature when I flipped em, and were starting to bud at about day 9 so having a 55 day finish seems possible. It was a pretty heavy feeder, and stayed fairly squat with just the right amount of stretch for the space I have. Having some meds finish in under 8 weeks would be nice for sure.

I might give this particular pheno the whole tent in 7 gallons with a decent veg from clone if it tests in at what I am looking for. I have a pack of cbd shark that might take a backseat for one more grow. We'll see. I have a 2 other pheno's of cbd cm and a cream carmel mixed in for this grow.

Cream caramel would be a higher thc strain, but apparently has the potential for respectable levels of cbd as well. This one is not quite as frosty, but stacking real nice.

GetOffMyNutes

CBD Yoda
Joanne Cbd didn't make it, had deformities and lanky structure so it was culled. My T1 is doing great but rather shorter than I was hoping for but I only grew 1 so there is still some hope. The Sour Apple cbd "bagseed" is doing absolutely awesome, have 3 in flower now. Strong ,vigorous plants with good resistance and structure. Less than .3% Thc but already frosting up nicely 20201128_213951.jpg

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
@GetOffMyNutes do you recall the Suzy Q having purple stems and petioles?

As you can see below, the one I’ve got going is pretty purple, even the veins on the leaves are purple.

I’m not sure if it’s genetic or a phosphorus or magnesium deficiency.

First pic with flash, second without.

4136B31D-35DB-4337-A01C-E1DC7AAFDA56.jpegB7B1AA78-22A2-4521-9060-87605F9F8E6E.jpeg

GetOffMyNutes

CBD Yoda
Whats up man, I have only smoked the Suzy Q , didn't grow any of those out yet. I cant give you a honest assessment of that strain. Unfortunately the CBD game has a long way to catch up with the THC market so it could be the genetics or it could be picky about growing conditions. If that doesn't pan out I can get you some of my Sour Apple regs. I am quite impressed with them so far.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Whats up man, I have only smoked the Suzy Q , didn't grow any of those out yet. I cant give you a honest assessment of that strain. Unfortunately the CBD game has a long way to catch up with the THC market so it could be the genetics or it could be picky about growing conditions. If that doesn't pan out I can get you some of my Sour Apple regs. I am quite impressed with them so far.
Well it’s getting watered/fed at lights on. I’m going to give it half grow and half bloom nutes with some PK booster and up the cal mag a bit and see what happens, just to try and rule out phosphorus or magnesium deficiency.