Capt. C's Wheelhouse Grow

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
That's a good idea. So you do submerge the atomizer completely in alcohol? I was sort of wondering if that could have been what fried mine. Normally I'd use alcohol and q tips to clean it. I read other people were dropping them completely in alcohol and I decided to try. First session after I did that, it quit on me. I've been leary of it since I got the replacement. It sure is a lot easier that way if it don't harm the heating element.
Yes that is what i am doing soaking in 91% alcohol. Have not had any issues doing that did you ask dank fung about that? Do you have the strait ceramic chamber or the one with those little curly heating elements?

Highsince76

Super Active Member
Yes that is what i am doing soaking in 91% alcohol. Have not had any issues doing that did you ask dank fung about that? Do you have the strait ceramic chamber or the one with those little curly heating elements?
I emailed Dank Fung when it broke and never asked about cleaning procedures. Should of probably. I was thinking if I brought it up, they might say I screwed it up, and not a manufacturer problem.
It is the standard atomizer with the round plate.
I think I'll shoot them a email, see what they say.

I'm on my third atomizer on my Hypnosis Zero. I've had both the coil and disc style elements. I know there instruction manual said NOT to completely submerge in alcohol.
Thats why I thought the alcohol bath may be hard on them or killed it.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I emailed Dank Fung when it broke and never asked about cleaning procedures. Should of probably. I was thinking if I brought it up, they might say I screwed it up, and not a manufacturer problem.
It is the standard atomizer with the round plate.
I think I'll shoot them a email, see what they say.

I'm on my third atomizer on my Hypnosis Zero. I've had both the coil and disc style elements. I know there instruction manual said NOT to completely submerge in alcohol.
Thats why I thought the alcohol bath may be hard on them or killed it.
Okay let me know what the say about that. They also have the atomizer with the coils in the bottom for the pen we have. And to be honest i don't know in the hell you could clean those atomizers with out submerging in alcohol

Highsince76

Super Active Member
Okay let me know what the say about that. They also have the atomizer with the coils in the bottom for the pen we have. And to be honest i don't know in the hell you could clean those atomizers with out submerging in alcohol
Got a reply today from Dank Fung on soaking the atomizer in alcohol.

"It’s okay you just have to let it dry out for awhile and even use a hairdryer to make sure there’s no alcohol left on the inside."

So that's what I'll be doing.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Got a reply today from Dank Fung on three of them soaking the atomizer in alcohol.

"It’s okay you just have to let it dry out for awhile and even use a hairdryer to make sure there’s no alcohol left on the inside."

So that's what I'll be doing.
I was hoping i had not wiped out 3 of them. If you have a spare the other one gets plenty of dry time. I swear i will put a hunk in there roughly twice the size of a piece of rice . That sucker will kik my ass . sometimes i win sometimes dank wins.LOL

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Wow capt these are looking spectacular. Filling in so nicely. Very defined floral patterns, with GG4 having the more rose look.
The fading is something that is very aesthetically appealing. Is there a technique or something, if you don't mind me asking? Are there any pros/cons to it?

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Wow capt these are looking spectacular. Filling in so nicely. Very defined floral patterns, with GG4 having the more rose look.
The fading is something that is very aesthetically appealing. Is there a technique or something, if you don't mind me asking? Are there any pros/cons to it?
I believe that less nutes and end of life will bring out more fade. Nitrogen makes it greener so less of that. Only thing i could think of as far as cons would be if you were using nutrients to keep it from fading could result in a bad taste among other things. The fade on these girls kicked off pretty early from a calcium issue.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Do u flush before harvest for a few days? Since you're hydro, if u give just plain water(or ro water) for a few days before chop, you'll get a nice fade and it won't be nearly as harsh. I chopped my first bridezilla in a hurry, was harsh as fuck. I flushed on the next run and it was smooth as silk

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I believe that less nutes and end of life will bring out more fade. Nitrogen makes it greener so less of that. Only thing i could think of as far as cons would be if you were using nutrients to keep it from fading could result in a bad taste among other things. The fade on these girls kicked off pretty early from a calcium issue.
Thanks for the insight. I try to reduce nitrogen at the end with GH3 by dropping the grow bottle at the last few weeks, but now that I'm going to give megacrop another try it will be just one part. How can I specifically reduce just nitrogen?