Budders blunders

D

Deleted member 2835

What were your day night temps when you flipped? Also do you use any silica products?

Buddernugs

Full send….always
I figured that was the issue. I’m using my ac unit to cool my dry tent right now..lesson learned.
As far as silica goes, I was using armor si but it was turning to snow I’m my rez. Whole bottom on my 110gal rez had flacks whenever I used it. I add it and let it circulate overnight before adding other nutes and it still turned to snow. What would cause that? What’s a good quality si to use for coco dtw?

sandman83

Super Active Member
I figured that was the issue. I’m using my ac unit to cool my dry tent right now..lesson learned.
As far as silica goes, I was using armor si but it was turning to snow I’m my rez. Whole bottom on my 110gal rez had flacks whenever I used it. I add it and let it circulate overnight before adding other nutes and it still turned to snow. What would cause that? What’s a good quality si to use for coco dtw?
the snow is nutrient precipitating out of solution no bueno, i had issues with this at first as well. I had to rinse everything with a good dose of florakleen to get all the buildup off the reservoir/pipes etc.

Have to mix it the water first, and can't be concentrated at all. It doesn't mix well so I'll add it and hit it with the paint stirrer then wait 10 mins before adding the calmag. If the concentrated calmag hits the concentrated armor si anywhere in the water column you'll get the white cloud/snow. I dilute my calmag with a bit of RO before adding to the tank now. Same with ph up/down, if you add it and see a giant cloud of white, you need to dilute before adding. I've mixed it in the same graduated cyclinder on accident before and you get the gel/goo thats gotta be cleaned out.

I've been told to only use during veg cycle and to drop in flower due to lockout issues before. Alternatively the new monosilicic acid should mix better?