Briscos Bargain Beans

Amos Otis

Brisco's Bargain Beans
The notification system on here stops notifying me at the worst times 😂 Just curious Amos, are all those banana beans going to be released with the testers you're currently sending out? Or is that going to be a whole nother project?
The banana project [ take 1 ] has been delayed, but is still ongoing. The banana punchsicle, which was going to be the pollen donor put out a pile of beautiful, blonde, but sterile dust. Nothing but great smoke came of those. No joke there. The BP is well worth saving; a terrific plant all around, and the black banana cookies and chiquita bananas are both top tier imo, the cb finishes about a week behind the other two. I still have clones of them all, and have added banana cocktail [ Honest], banana dub [ GP }, and sundae banana cookies [GP] to the clone tent. I'll be looking for another mom/dad [or 3] in a couple of weeks.

The banana plants in the tester list are very limited. They are from the original moms. I hit a couple of lower branches of the bp and cb with Sweet Dixie dust. I've already got a couple of seedlings going of the BP x SD, and may end up looking for a manly male to start a back crossing of the BP. That plant has to be saved, dammit !

So, to answer your question, I'm not sure, but I'm leaning towards keeping the BP x SD to work with while @Main Cola and I have a go with them. The CB x SD will be tested by two excellent amigos at the other place, and I suspect they will be released, but there will not be a lot of them.

Pending:
DSCF4547.JPG

InfiniteIndo

Herban Legend
The banana project [ take 1 ] has been delayed, but is still ongoing. The banana punchsicle, which was going to be the pollen donor put out a pile of beautiful, blonde, but sterile dust. Nothing but great smoke came of those. No joke there. The BP is well worth saving; a terrific plant all around, and the black banana cookies and chiquita bananas are both top tier imo, the cb finishes about a week behind the other two. I still have clones of them all, and have added banana cocktail [ Honest], banana dub [ GP }, and sundae banana cookies [GP] to the clone tent. I'll be looking for another mom/dad [or 3] in a couple of weeks.

The banana plants in the tester list are very limited. They are from the original moms. I hit a couple of lower branches of the bp and cb with Sweet Dixie dust. I've already got a couple of seedlings going of the BP x SD, and may end up looking for a manly male to start a back crossing of the BP. That plant has to be saved, dammit !

So, to answer your question, I'm not sure, but I'm leaning towards keeping the BP x SD to work with while @Main Cola and I have a go with them. The CB x SD will be tested by two excellent amigos at the other place, and I suspect they will be released, but there will not be a lot of them.

Pending:
View attachment 23698
Was that the fem BP pollen from Main Cola? Sucks, better luck next time. Sounds like it's going to be real special from the way you're talking up all the other banana strains for the line up. I wasn't around for Sweet Dixie, so I might have to check her out 👀

Amos Otis

Brisco's Bargain Beans
Was that the fem BP pollen from Main Cola? Sucks, better luck next time. Sounds like it's going to be real special from the way you're talking up all the other banana strains for the line up. I wasn't around for Sweet Dixie, so I might have to check her out 👀
It was the fem BP pollen, but not from Main Cola, but another groovy cat who can reveal himself if he'd like. It's a special plant, imo, because it checks all the boxes on every seed I've popped: trouble free, early finish, above avg yield of delicious hard nugs, and I dig the buzz. Honest stated he wasn't making them again, so the quest goes on.

Also, if you've got an opening to test, I can set you up w/ a pack of Sweet Dixie F2s.

InfiniteIndo

Herban Legend
It was the fem BP pollen, but not from Main Cola, but another groovy cat who can reveal himself if he'd like. It's a special plant, imo, because it checks all the boxes on every seed I've popped: trouble free, early finish, above avg yield of delicious hard nugs, and I dig the buzz. Honest stated he wasn't making them again, so the quest goes on.

Also, if you've got an opening to test, I can set you up w/ a pack of Sweet Dixie F2s.
Oh ok I must've misread your post a while back. I was going to say I don't have the space right now anyways but wish I could take you up on the offer, appreciate it very much kind sir.

EDIT: Well damn, that BP sounds really promising and I'll take your word for it, you definitely got taste and seen a lot of plants. I'm gonna have to get my hands on some BP crosses if not BP itself. Looking forward to those bananas big time, hopefully there's no banana peels to slip on next go round 😉👍

Last edited:
Weather here is not cooperating outdoors. Thunderstorms and a dew point of 72 this morning. Plants were moved under a gazebo and still are wet n damp.

On a positive note while doing the last shakedown/stem rub of Vampira I noted a strong banana taffy smell. It was the last plant, so might have been a combination.

More thunderstorms this evening/overnight. Will start with that plant in the morning when I inspect them to get a better nose. Her sister is all berry as expected. I’m hoping I can take them til around Halloween.

Hogbackmagic

Super Active Member
HELLO EVERY ONE

how is it growing here is Black mamba #3 about 8 wks or more its her time anyways
she is pretty can hardly wait to smoke some of her I think I could have gone longer
but the buds with seeds was ready and let her go an extra 2 wks very nice purple hughes on edge of leaves this is some nice dank bud fasure (y) :cool:

Attachments

Amos Otis

Brisco's Bargain Beans
What's brisco's loudest most terpene rich strain???
Weed from seed rarely replicates or duplicates a plant precisely, especially F2s which can lean to one parent or the other. But having two excellent parents highly enhances the odds that each seed will yield an outstanding plant. My advice would be to read descriptions of the parents, and choose a cross that appeals to what you like to smoke. Enjoy the hunt.

RIGHT THERE with you brother I missed out on them beans but I will buy the F2'S if and when he has them for sale or even a tester for them looks amazing 7 of 9
Hopefully they'll be available for holiday stocking stuffers and such. :)

Amos Otis

Brisco's Bargain Beans
Attn all upcoming testers: the birdies flew the nest today. There's some extras in each mail - no need to worry if you can't run them. Feel free to save for an upcoming grow opportunity, share with friends, gift or trade. Just a thanks for your time and space.

Atnn all upcoming testers, current or former testers, and all growers and showers of Brisco buds, here, or at the other place. Be on the lookout for an upcoming contest for you folks only. No way I'll remember everyone, so when time comes, I'll ask for a memory nudge. I'm awaiting delivery of the prize.

edit - prizes.

Last edited: