Briscos Bargain Beans

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
Man, do I hope you get shirleys. If the copper chem can add vitality and yield to the PRK, that could be an epic cross.
Guess which one is Bruce? He revealed himself today.He shot up about 4-5" overnight.
The shorter 2 I suspect to be Shirleys.They haven't shown yet.Couple more days i'm sure.20190613_232940.jpg20190613_232950.jpg20190613_233050.jpg
Copper Chem x PRK sound like sounds like some dank to be discovered.

Last edited:

Amos Otis

Brisco's Bargain Beans
I have a question for youse guyz: do you think the 'name' of a strain makes it more or less appealing, or is it all about the genetic makeup? 7 of 9, Fiona's Crack, and Susie Diamond have led early buys, while Vampira's Weed, Raspberry Pie, and Blaze Starr have barely been nibbled. Thoughts? Is it a coincidence that the 3 most major hotties are the most hit on early on?

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
I have a question for youse guyz: do you think the 'name' of a strain makes it more or less appealing, or is it all about the genetic makeup? 7 of 9, Fiona's Crack, and Susie Diamond have led early buys, while Vampira's Weed, Raspberry Pie, and Blaze Starr have barely been nibbled. Thoughts? Is it a coincidence that the 3 most major hotties are the most hit on early on?
Like most things for sale,I think branding and marketing(in this case strain naming) does play a role into genetic queary.
The name and maybe a pic is usually the first thing we see.If the name is catchy,consumers tend to delve deeper into the mind of the breeder/creator and peek at the genetic lineage..,cool name & great genetics...."hey I like this guys mindframe...I'll see what his bean are about."

Experiment.Rename the Pie and wait 2 weeks.(not really but yea..)
Some cats just dig hot chicks...and to have fire genetics named after or associated with them..well you know Mj pervs.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
I believe every tid bit of the entire package comes in to play, certainly for a niche industry like marijuana. Its like soda pop for instance. You have a broad spectrum of cola drinkers by the millions and 1000's of different products to choose from. There are those that like high caffeine colas....so they will be more likely to gravitate to the "EXTREME MEGA JOLT COLA" vs "Sexy Samantha's NRG Cola" and the cola creators know this. The name will definitely aide in directing someone down a certain path if they have even the slightest idea what they want or are looking for, but I suppose a sexy name never hurt lol. I think all the names you created are equally great.

Amos Otis

Brisco's Bargain Beans
I suppose a sexy name never hurt lol. I think all the names you created are equally great.
Why, thank you! Mighty kind of you to say so. But, you know, I just lift the character's name someone else created. It's not stealing if it's a tribute, right?

images (1).jpg

Also, I'll admit I get more interest when I pull out a joint of Candy Samples to pass around than saying it's east coast sour diesel crossed with long bottom leaf, for ejemplo.

Last edited:

.JGG.

Skeptical Troll
Fionas 1 and 2 were flipped, last week. 3 and 4 were flipped, this morning. Untopped #120190616_042758_Film1-1.jpg looking like a shrek instead of a fiona. #2, aka the bush, is a girl.(pictured in a previous post) FC #320190616_043237_Film1-1.jpg
This cross has very nice structure. All 6, topped or not, have vigorous branching.

As far as what sells, Cob and Red are correct in it being the whole package. Pics, lineage, name and write up.
Before FC got her crappy name, I was sold on the lineage. I might have chosen a different cross had it already been named.

Amos Otis

Brisco's Bargain Beans
Before FC got her crappy name, I was sold on the lineage. I might have chosen a different cross had it already been named.
No foolin'? I thought Fiona's Crack was hysterical, especially paired with the pic. GABRIELLE-ANWAR-in-Bikini-on-a-Beach-in-Miami-8.jpg
I've been straight a couple of times since then, and still believed it to be an inspired choice, though you've slightly shaken my.....oh, look...puppies!