Bobs buds and bees

twobitbob

Super Active Member
@TerpyTyrone
Thanks
I thought it would be a good way to sex them for sure but not stretch like crazy
It did show me the male for sure
And I put him back at 16 hrs but it did not stop the flowers from opening
So he’s waiting patiently for about another week for the ladies to join him

twobitbob

Super Active Member
Getting ready to move on to some new strains. Going to start some seeds in a week.
Paid Vacation from Pinehurst I'm growing for a friend that has to take seizure medication she likes the tropicana cookies strain for her head
she likes mainly sativa
Does anyone have any suggestions on other strains that are good for in the head 87E765AC-EDE6-40F7-8C38-23817BF597E2_1_201_a.jpegshe takes high dose of CBD as well
and doesn't like the "Stinky" weed much haha...
I also have some Orange Stash from dragon Flame, and Garlic Stash I'm excited for, and a Flavor savor PlatinumxgratefulxTurbulent
And AC/DC for the CBD

twobitbob

Super Active Member
Went for it and put one of the unicorn shoes clones From the middle outdoor plant that had the best resin production in with the Williams Wonder male.
He was under a small LED for awhile now I haven't been feeding him just water so he has some yellow leaves, not really tight clusters of flowers but the pollen has a really nice smell to it and the bushy growth should cross nice I think with the Unicorn shoe has a little more stretch and she's been easier going throughout this indoor so far.A5C13790-182B-4B17-A7EA-EC051468B255_1_201_a.jpeg5D86D9B2-9D17-4EEB-93D7-5E01AC1C7082_1_201_a.jpeg

twobitbob

Super Active Member
I've been looking at LED lights to replace my 2 600 watt mh/hps lamps with.
I currently have a mars hydro TS 1000 and a HLG 140 watt blue spec quantum board that I've been using for veg. I only started using LED a couple years ago when I had lots of veggie starts and was just using compact fluorescents, I ordered a quantum kit from HLG and it works great the only thing was I was inexperienced with the LED at that time and burnt some of my seedlings.
Anyhow I was looking at this Mars hydro 8000
It looks like 2 of these would work in a 8x4
Anyone have any experience with this series?
I ordered the HLG first because I wanted to support American company, I was at a grow store when they were testing the PAR with a meter in the tents Mars vs HLG and It showed more PAR then the HLG 100 I believe, so I bought one to try out. They both do a great job so far.

The canopy space I'm shooting for is 8 feet by 4 feet
the room is a little underpowered with the two 600s they are spaced about a foot and a half apart, so the middle is lacking light.
Ive been thinking about hanging the blue spec led in between them for a little boost

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I've been looking at LED lights to replace my 2 600 watt mh/hps lamps with.
I currently have a mars hydro TS 1000 and a HLG 140 watt blue spec quantum board that I've been using for veg. I only started using LED a couple years ago when I had lots of veggie starts and was just using compact fluorescents, I ordered a quantum kit from HLG and it works great the only thing was I was inexperienced with the LED at that time and burnt some of my seedlings.
Anyhow I was looking at this Mars hydro 8000
It looks like 2 of these would work in a 8x4
Anyone have any experience with this series?
I ordered the HLG first because I wanted to support American company, I was at a grow store when they were testing the PAR with a meter in the tents Mars vs HLG and It showed more PAR then the HLG 100 I believe, so I bought one to try out. They both do a great job so far.

The canopy space I'm shooting for is 8 feet by 4 feet
the room is a little underpowered with the two 600s they are spaced about a foot and a half apart, so the middle is lacking light.
Ive been thinking about hanging the blue spec led in between them for a little boost
I'm curious about why that light requires 800W to flower a 4x4 tent when typically only 480W is needed. I'm personally not a fan of Mars Hydro because I've seen a lot of complaints over the years about their customer support and their lights failing. I'm also surprised that HLG hasn't moved on to strip lights and is still selling quantum boards.

twobitbob

Super Active Member
@TreeFarmerCharlie
Thanks for the comment I have fallen behind the curve with LED been trying to do some reading and catch up.
I Just used my 600s because I have them but I want to try to make my room more efficient too...
one thing I like about the HPS is they heat the room, it is a shed and winter gets cold here, we insulated it with 4 inch foam board and great stuffed the cracks and put the reflectiix over that so it does pretty good considering, but I don't really want to have to run a heater and lights if I don't have too, I'm not sure how much heat the bigger LED make.
I was thinking the same about HLG, if I buy some of these it looks like the strips are the way to go, I don't mind wiring things myself either which is why I bought the first quantum kit.
I have also noticed some bad customer service reviews, china and all that its too bad all of it comes from china
HLG is the only company that I have found to claim American but do they not get the diodes and the drivers from china as well
shits annoying

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
@TreeFarmerCharlie
Thanks for the comment I have fallen behind the curve with LED been trying to do some reading and catch up.
I Just used my 600s because I have them but I want to try to make my room more efficient too...
one thing I like about the HPS is they heat the room, it is a shed and winter gets cold here, we insulated it with 4 inch foam board and great stuffed the cracks and put the reflectiix over that so it does pretty good considering, but I don't really want to have to run a heater and lights if I don't have too, I'm not sure how much heat the bigger LED make.
I was thinking the same about HLG, if I buy some of these it looks like the strips are the way to go, I don't mind wiring things myself either which is why I bought the first quantum kit.
I have also noticed some bad customer service reviews, china and all that its too bad all of it comes from china
HLG is the only company that I have found to claim American but do they not get the diodes and the drivers from china as well
shits annoying
there is talk of buried school busses and under ground basement/power lines , without any outside exit ,and other odd configuerations.

Last edited:

twobitbob

Super Active Member
Korean, shit I can't keep track

underground basements
odd configurations
leading my mind into UFO territory
Alien OGLED?

twobitbob

Super Active Member
The Roman/MTFxNL5 has lots of resin production, The one branch is a mutant and fox tailing bad, it had 3 blade leaves coming off of it in veg when the rest of the branches were normal. It has developed a couple nanners too so I'm watching it.
I have 8 seeds left of these, kind of excited what else is in em, the male from this strain was really tall when I culled it.B94EB365-1B65-43CD-98D6-782B7B1F8FBF_1_201_a.jpeg7A8CAD57-453D-44E2-B88D-25225A0E1F42_1_201_a.jpeg21A98A7E-71BD-46AB-9D65-D4A18063CBD0_1_201_a.jpeg