Bobs buds and bees

D

Deleted member 2835

They are awesome lights when they run right though. I was able to pull 3 a light with them with 880 watts. I sold them to a friend and he had the red diodes burn out on him as well. They tried to issue me a refund but I told them that I didn't want a refund and I wanted a light. So they offered to repair it but it took them 3 weeks or so so they just sent a replacement. They are also a white label brand as in they have another company make them and they rebrand the light for a mark up which is insane because of how cheap they are...

twobitbob

Super Active Member
The chickens getting some of their last outside water for the winter, the bees got insulated and now its cold out there.
All in all it was a good summer.
The chickens gave me lots of eggs, I saved shells all summer and have been cooking them in the oven just got to blending them up and making some WCA

Attachments

twobitbob

Super Active Member
Apple cider vinegar in the works, the stuff in the crock is scraps from making applesauce I thought it was worth a try, its starting to smell acetic already, Getting ready to strain this stuff jar it and age it.
Then I'll have homemade apple vinegar to make more WCA all from scratch and homegrown stuff.

Attachments

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The chickens getting some of their last outside water for the winter, the bees got insulated and now its cold out there.
All in all it was a good summer.
The chickens gave me lots of eggs, I saved shells all summer and have been cooking them in the oven just got to blending them up and making some WCA
I tried putting my eggshells in the blender and pulverizing them, then I ran them under water and rinsed out that inner skin. The blender separated most of it and that stuff floats out while the shells stay in the bottom. There was almost no smoke from stuff burning off when I heated them. But it had a very energetic reaction to the vinegar LOL had to leave lots of headroom in the jar.

twobitbob

Super Active Member
I tried putting my eggshells in the blender and pulverizing them, then I ran them under water and rinsed out that inner skin. The blender separated most of it and that stuff floats out while the shells stay in the bottom. There was almost no smoke from stuff burning off when I heated them. But it had a very energetic reaction to the vinegar LOL had to leave lots of headroom in the jar.
I always just bake them in the oven with the membrane still in it, 450 degrees 30 min. I have never found the reason to take it out I guess.
Is there a specific reason?
After baking them the grind up real easy in the blender

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I always just bake them in the oven with the membrane still in it, 450 degrees 30 min. I have never found the reason to take it out I guess.
Is there a specific reason?
After baking them the grind up real easy in the blender
From what I understand the stuff extracted from them can cause it to go bad, that's part of the reason for baking it. You toast them in some fashion so the menbrane chars so you can remove it.

Them charring is what stinks the worst too - removing them before baking is more for that.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
From what I understand the stuff extracted from them can cause it to go bad, that's part of the reason for baking it. You toast them in some fashion so the menbrane chars so you can remove it.

Them charring is what stinks the worst too - removing them before baking is more for that.
I have a outdoor fish cooker ,extra large skillet with a lid, it's no problem to roast em ,don't smell as bad outdoors as it does in.lift lid from time to time and use a patato masher on 'em, stir 'em around,the breeze ,helps the membrane kinda drift away. :)

twobitbob

Super Active Member
I see a Chris trump KNF instructrions saying that the membranes turn into carbon and you don't want the carbon in the extract.
Well I blended em up so Ill just use them for top dressing later. I also used braggs apple cider vinegar, not brown rice
so, I might have messed it up maybe not.
I always used this site
it does say to remove the filaments on their too been awhile since I made it
but not specifically brown rice vinegar.
Its crazy how much this stuff has gotten to be more well known in the last few years.

twobitbob

Super Active Member
Cannabis leaves and small buds from the outdoors pruning after stretch
LABS
Dry Malt Extract
Water
And Banana, malt, labs, water
This style kind of evolved from brewing beer I had leftover DME so I thought why not use it instead of mollasses
I Have also made mini mashes and let them naturally ferment, put some herbs in it like dry hopping
so its kind of like a really light beer the the Brett and lacto sour....

I have some pumpkin I'm getting ready to ferment as well. This time I'm going to take a gravity reading before and after ferment I'm curious how much alcohol it produces, or if it all gets turned into acid or alcohol/acid ratio..I don't know if any of it matters really. Last year I made 2 gals of pumpkin fermented for 3 months strained and it was still bubbling when I used it this summer.

Attachments

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I see a Chris trump KNF instructrions ...apple cider vinegar, not brown rice, so, I might have messed it up maybe not.
I'd say watch a different video and you'll be fine 😜

If you look at "KOREAN" natural farming they bang on about "local inputs". Guess what, in KOREA, rice, vinegar from rice, and even brown sugar are LOCAL inputs. Probably that 'angelic' root in the OHN too.

That's the main reason I haven't joined any of the cults that say they have "the recipe" for organics - sounds a lot like trying to sell something if you ask me.

Also, you cannot convince me that a plant from Afghanistan and one from Colombia, crossed by a dude in Oregon and grown by some dude in a closet in Detroit give a DAMN about what microbes are outside your door... or my door, or his door.

Here's something I tried. I ground up some malted barley. I covered it with water, added some LAB and a little molasses for them to eat, then I added a spoonfull of bokashi. I let it ferment and I had bokashi. Just grow their pattent pending, proprietary "EM-1" organisms that were used to innoculate the storebought bokashi.

twobitbob

Super Active Member
I'd say watch a different video and you'll be fine 😜

If you look at "KOREAN" natural farming they bang on about "local inputs". Guess what, in KOREA, rice, vinegar from rice, and even brown sugar are LOCAL inputs. Probably that 'angelic' root in the OHN too.

That's the main reason I haven't joined any of the cults that say they have "the recipe" for organics - sounds a lot like trying to sell something if you ask me.

Also, you cannot convince me that a plant from Afghanistan and one from Colombia, crossed by a dude in Oregon and grown by some dude in a closet in Detroit give a DAMN about what microbes are outside your door... or my door, or his door.

Here's something I tried. I ground up some malted barley. I covered it with water, added some LAB and a little molasses for them to eat, then I added a spoonfull of bokashi. I let it ferment and I had bokashi. Just grow their pattent pending, proprietary "EM-1" organisms that were used to innoculate the storebought bokashi.
Yeah I'm trying to use what I have and as local as possible. I like to use Dry Malt Extract too, it just makes sense to me and I already had it...

I was just planning on going to the health food store to get some bran my plan is similar I wanted to mix some 2-row and bran with LAB and molasses, I wasn't planning on adding store bought bokashi but that seems like a good idea too, and maybe some rock dust

the Angelic root makes me think of Osha root or Bear root in the Rockies I wonder if they are related

Thanks man

twobitbob

Super Active Member

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
That Angelic looks a lot like hogweed. There's a "giant" hogweed that is horrible to even be around, you'll itch and get blisters just thinking about it. But there's a mini version I have around here that resembles a white yarrow and is inoccuous

What we have is a bio-accumulator flower who's roots are beneficial - as is... :unsure: dandelion? 🤷‍♂️. I'm thinking that you could probably make a rockin' OHN with some dandelion root as long as you don't have the KNF police on your ass :ROFLMAO:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Joking aside, I bet we could look at some herbal medicine book and find out which other flowers have roots with the same medicinal properties. They would probably be similar in structure and presentation, and bio-accumulating the same general goodies from the soil that make it special.