Bobs buds and bees

twobitbob

Super Active Member
I got some pollen on my finger and blew it on this bud.
This plant is loving it under its own LED,
The leaves on the unicorn shoes are turning purple now, they are really messing with me under HPS
This one under the LED has purpled before its sister clone in the other room7F32A718-44CE-4B39-86EA-AF79E9A5919F_1_201_a.jpeg

twobitbob

Super Active Member
Blended these up and fed them to the plants. I also took the first 24 soak water and added a TBL of honey to it for another 24 hours it started fermenting in that amount of time.
So they got a sprouted seed tea/quick soak water honey ferment
next watering I'm planning on using a little Recharge see if that helps me previous mistake too much humic acid TM-7 I think usually I only use 1/4 to half rate/ I used 1/4 tsp per gal instead of 1/4 per 2 gal, they clawed a bit, I havn't given them anything with nitrogen571C7E51-A21A-4514-836E-7BFFE12ABF72_1_201_a.jpeg for a couple weeks now.

twobitbob

Super Active Member
I spent some time reading through the LED section, Thanks to everyone who put all the great information in there, it made it much easier to look around at the graphs, now I actually understand the meaning of all those numbers that get thrown around.
Looking through growdaddyled.com, they have some good deals and I'm a DIY kind of guy, I'm going to have to build some of these.
This one looks like a pretty good deal plug n play for a 4x4

This one looks well priced for the strips plug and play on sale

more expensive it has uv in the strips as well
@TreeFarmerCharlie
Thanks your comment the other day put me on the right track
that first quantum board is right on the money for power use you were explaining

Last edited:

twobitbob

Super Active Member
trimming the middle outdoor pant that produced the most resin.
This is the plant that I pollinated the clone from.
out of the three Celeste Unicorn Shoes
This plant just did better all around more yield, resin, it has a nice berry/sherbert taste and smell, I eat a fresh calyx and it tastes the same, a hint of the kush gas if there but it is faint, I really like the fact that after a couple fresh hits the tastes stays on the mouth for around 10 min or until I eat something haha it is stoney.2E5E83AF-7B07-4BFE-89A7-8D36BE67D4C0_1_201_a.jpeg

0BA17CF1-D2EA-443E-BD07-137F66531DAE_1_201_a.jpeg
7FBDED47-3F3B-42AA-B92C-5D92CE656547_1_201_a.jpeg3FD7F28E-7908-4195-A28C-7A64ADD4C2AF.jpegF1D0F073-4F1F-45D0-BC48-01F2C7F29107_1_201_a.jpeg

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
The Roman/MTFxNL5 has lots of resin production, The one branch is a mutant and fox tailing bad, it had 3 blade leaves coming off of it in veg when the rest of the branches were normal. It has developed a couple nanners too so I'm watching it.
I have 8 seeds left of these, kind of excited what else is in em, the male from this strain was really tall when I culled it.View attachment 121844View attachment 121845View attachment 121846
keep working with the plant each in it's time.

I spent some time reading through the LED section, Thanks to everyone who put all the great information in there, it made it much easier to look around at the graphs, now I actually understand the meaning of all those numbers that get thrown around.
Looking through growdaddyled.com, they have some good deals and I'm a DIY kind of guy, I'm going to have to build some of these.
This one looks like a pretty good deal plug n play for a 4x4

This one looks well priced for the strips plug and play on sale

more expensive it has uv in the strips as well
@TreeFarmerCharlie
Thanks your comment the other day put me on the right track
that first quantum board is right on the money for power use you were explaining
That growdaddyleds quantum board(Thanks for sharing) actually looks pretty damn good. It's like a generic HLG 600 RSpec with a better dimmer.
But this one right here 550V4 Grow Light looks REALLY nice! For another 20$ you get a bloom switch that adds a nice bit of far red and UV. (y)
550V4.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
FWIW, I have several HLG board lights, all older models before the R-spec and whatnot. I also have a bar light that was a u-build-it kit and a bar-light from @TerpyTyrone. I have a small 100w Ion Board from AC Infinity as well, and it is much more user friendly than the HLG. And not as trashy looking. No bare wires and WAGO's everywhere. You could hang it in your living room, nice dimmer with an actual 20-40-60-80-100% positions marked.

I think it's all about the spectrum combination on the LED's. The quantum boards and bar lights all grow nice weed, no discernable difference. The bar lights give you better coverage and no 'dark' corners. But then, some plants do better in those corners... :unsure:

This is all from a dude that knows jack about lighting. This is just the end-user report. If I buy another one I have no clue what it would be - probably depend on price/watt.

twobitbob

Super Active Member
Over the last week I also realized I know jackshit about LED I was reading for a hours the other night trying to soak it in
I almost ordered the Quantum Board from growdaddy but I ended up getting this one

They also have a 8 bar that was only 20$ more that I see now. hmm
my canopy pvc frame is 4x7 with a foot on each side for me
I'm planning on ordering some growdaddy kits too, I think one 18x36 with the fold 6 should be good coverage for that space

Once this round I'm on is finished I'll hang the new light up and see how much heat it makes, if it does not heat the room very well ill probably keep one 600 HPS in there.
It gets cold here in the winter down to -30 sometimes so those HPS really actually help me,
it kind of defeats the purpose to use LED for less electricity just to run a heater to have the right temp....
After reading some studies on the Light Spectrums I believe they will help keep the plants shorter,
The HPS makes them stretch more according to the Karger study
And LED produce more Cannabinoids

twobitbob

Super Active Member
keep working with the plant each in it's time.
yeah I think I'm going to pop the rest of them at the same time so I can keep some clones and go from there, if the others make resin like this its worth using in a breeding project. When the time is right
When I popped them that romulan cross was the last to pop and a runt for the first 2 weeks, when I transplanted it it surpassed the others
I had to help it shed its shell too so I'm happy with what it turned into.

twobitbob

Super Active Member
Be careful with Medicgrow lights I've had to have them replace three leds so far. They were their top of the line models too. The spectrum-x and the spectrum y
They do say the driver was designed by them manufactured by Sosen, I read quite a few reviews and didn't really see any negative ones.
Did the driver go bad on you?

twobitbob

Super Active Member
No the red diodes quit working
oh man that's a bummer. Making me question my purchase
They say they use the Osran red chips on the fold 6
I'm still learning about these, so my statement below may be wrong
But it looks like a lot of people use the Osran red chips?

So I'm curious with just those red diodes quit on all the strips at the same time or just some of them?

D

Deleted member 2835

oh man that's a bummer. Making me question my purchase
They say they use the Osran red chips on the fold 6
I'm still learning about these, so my statement below may be wrong
But it looks like a lot of people use the Osran red chips?

So I'm curious with just those red diodes quit on all the strips at the same time or just some of them?
One of the bars lost all of its red diodes at one time on all three. I will say they were very good about replacing them however.

D

Deleted member 2835

Another thing about medicgrow is they use sanan diodes yet claim Samsung

twobitbob

Super Active Member
Another thing about medicgrow is they use sanan diodes yet claim Samsung
I see what you are talking about now, they do not have Samsung under the spec sheet.
V1 Full spectrum, but they don't say lm301h or what exactly and osran red chips are not listed in the specs

GrowDaddy lists the lm301 and Meanwell drivers, the quantum boards are cheaper and would probably work just fine for me if it lasts longer

I don't have much experience with these but I want this stuff to last that's for at least a few years
HID I still have a 400 magnetic ballast that's 15 years old and still works like a champ

Thanks again