Anyone willing to talk about growing mushrooms?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2835
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2835

Just pulled these of of the last cake I have going.
View attachment 124212

I was a dumb ass, and wasn't very sterile when I inoculated the last batch of 6 bags. 3 wound up contaminated with trich, and the remaining 3 have some wet rot at the very bottom, so I need to open those up later tonight and see if they are salvageable at all.

I'm stepping up my sanitation and switching over to inoculating jars. I will inoculate these today with B+ and Golden Teacher.
View attachment 124213
71% alcohol and lysol spray your area down with lysol then put your jars in your still air box spray everything with the alcohol then flame your needles until they glow red then inject your jars

D

Deleted member 2835

20230116_135457.jpg20230116_133948.jpg20230116_133828.jpg
Liquid cultures on top and inoculated wild bird seed jars on the middle rack and on the bottom is a tray that I'm letting the mycelium develop in my substrate. Also a couple of big boomers that are on the third flush for that tray.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
View attachment 124263View attachment 124264View attachment 124265
Liquid cultures on top and inoculated wild bird seed jars on the middle rack and on the bottom is a tray that I'm letting the mycelium develop in my substrate. Also a couple of big boomers that are on the third flush for that tray.
I just noticed you only have a single hole with a filter disc on those jars. I did two based on some pictures I saw...will 2 be too much air exchange or should I be fine?

D

Deleted member 2835

Nice work. I would talk to the company that sold you that syringe though and get a replacement or a refund. Just say you noticed contamination with your microscope. Anyways check out my baby penises and my liquid cultures20230120_174958.jpg20230120_175149.jpg

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Nice work. I would talk to the company that sold you that syringe though and get a replacement or a refund. Just say you noticed contamination with your microscope. Anyways check out my baby penises and my liquid culturesView attachment 124373View attachment 124374
I got it through Inoculate The World and sent them an email through their site today. I just said the solution appeared to be contaminated with something else in one of the syringes.

D

Deleted member 2835

I got it through Inoculate The World and sent them an email through their site today. I just said the solution appeared to be contaminated with something else in one of the syringes.
Good...excellent....lol. Most vendors will tell you to fuck off if they find out you're growing mycelium with their syringes.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Good...excellent....lol. Most vendors will tell you to fuck off if they find out you're growing mycelium with their syringes.
Yeah, it reminds me of when a lot more seed vendors wouldn’t help you if you told them their seeds didn’t germinate because they only sold them as souvenirs. They are just covering their asses legally. I do find it funny, though, that their company is literally named “INOCULATE the World” but you can’t talk to them about issues with your inoculation 🤣