Anyone willing to talk about growing mushrooms?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2835
  • Start date

twobitbob

Super Active Member
Sorry if I’m blowing your thread up
I’m kind of a mycophile and get excited
Here’s a picture of oyster mycelium I mixed up into leaves and cardboard it was sitting in the greenhouse all summer. I didn’t think it would do much but after a month or so it actually fruited in this tub.
goes to show how strong the mycelium is
Running with mycelium is sn awesome book too. Someday I’d like to use the straw oysters in burlap for bioremediation on the sides of fields planted with hemp to clean the abused farmland 74D5D29A-AD4E-4AD4-BA95-6E8B17C8E054.jpeg4A229AD9-D9ED-4546-9D0D-501DBFA21D6B.jpeg74D5D29A-AD4E-4AD4-BA95-6E8B17C8E054.jpeg4A229AD9-D9ED-4546-9D0D-501DBFA21D6B.jpeg

D

Deleted member 2835

The thing with LC's being legal is that they keep the mycelium from developing any psilocybin with a special solution. At least that's what was explained to me...

twobitbob

Super Active Member
The thing with LC's being legal is that they keep the mycelium from developing any psilocybin with a special solution. At least that's what was explained to me...
Interesting probably be seeing spawn bags soon too. Wouldn't surprise me if its already happening.
The "culture" is about to meme society again
super soakers full of LC hehe
go Terence go
Terence gets pretty out there, but his book Food Of The Gods is a great read and really eye opening
it is crazy how he talks about memes and the internet a lot of what he said has came true

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2835

Interesting probably be seeing spawn bags soon too. Wouldn't surprise me if its already happening.
go Terence go
Terence gets pretty out there, but his book Food Of The Gods is a great read and really eye opening
it is crazy how he talks about memes and the internet a lot of what he said has came true
I guess in Canada you can get pre-inoculated spawn bags

D

Deleted member 2835

go Terence go
I have some McKenaii going right now...they were supposedly discovered in Terrances belongings after he died.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
This is from MYYCO's site:
Are MYYCO mushroom liquid culture syringes legal in the US?

Yes. MYYCO liquid cultures contain tiny bits of very early stage mycelium. This early stage mycelium does not contain any psychoactive compounds. Those compounds would develop in later fruiting stages (specifically, the mycelium “knot stage”) if the culture were to be grown.

D

Deleted member 2835

Sorry if I’m blowing your thread up
I’m kind of a mycophile and get excited
Here’s a picture of oyster mycelium I mixed up into leaves and cardboard it was sitting in the greenhouse all summer. I didn’t think it would do much but after a month or so it actually fruited in this tub.
goes to show how strong the mycelium is
Running with mycelium is sn awesome book too. Someday I’d like to use the straw oysters in burlap for bioremediation on the sides of fields planted with hemp to clean the abused farmland View attachment 123273View attachment 123274View attachment 123273View attachment 123274
Feel free to post whatever you want on this thread...it's all about knowledge from anyone really

D

Deleted member 2835

No I let the spawn completely colonize then I put a casing layer of vermiculite over the mycelium. You don't have to have complete colonization to start fruiting 80% is when your supposed to start fruiting anyways I guess. Here's an example of 80% colonization before fruiting20221214_182150.jpg
I guess you aren't suppose to case monotubs or monobags but I like to case my trays in the Martha tent

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
No I let the spawn completely colonize then I put a casing layer of vermiculite over the mycelium. You don't have to have complete colonization to start fruiting 80% is when your supposed to start fruiting anyways I guess. Here's an example of 80% colonization before fruitingView attachment 123365
I guess you aren't suppose to case monotubs or monobags but I like to case my trays in the Martha tent
Interesting. The guide I followed had me mix the spawn in substrate, add a thin casing layer, and then said to wait until that gets colonized to fruit. It seems like there are so many ways it can be done as long as you keep things clean. I saw this yesterday on Reddit and got a good laugh.
89AD64EA-2120-45E3-993C-7A72082BB4BD.jpeg

D

Deleted member 2835

Interesting. The guide I followed had me mix the spawn in substrate, add a thin casing layer, and then said to wait until that gets colonized to fruit. It seems like there are so many ways it can be done as long as you keep things clean. I saw this yesterday on Reddit and got a good laugh.
View attachment 123370
I've seen people growing boomers with their weed scraps...lmao20221214_192135.jpg